Yellow | Teamcare Funds Run Out July 4th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work for New Penn and we have covers to September 30 now The company caught up all back healthcare payments last week I urge you to contact your healthcare provider to verify this Do not believe everything you read do the work and check it out yourself it’s only a phone call
I don't understand why the stewards and Business Agents would not have these updates along with notifications from the company. It is in the company's and union's best interest that the employees be informed if this is true?

I don't understand why the stewards and Business Agents would not have these updates along with notifications from the company. It is in the company's and union's best interest that the employees be informed if this is true?

While I agree with you in principle about being informed, I'm sure there are negotiations going on behind the scenes between the company, the Union, the funds, and possibly even the banks. Since we individually have no direct role in these negotiations we ought to just go about our jobs and wait for accurate, final information to be released instead of projecting all kinds of dire scenarios. Time will tell.

there is multiple negotiations going on to get all the funds up to date The company does not want to close the banks do not want the company to close and I hope most of us drivers feel that we do not want the company to close I know this company sucks ass most of the time and I know it is a hard place to work but it is still a country club compared to most places out there The idea of slowing down work or striking or just hurt us more we need to be united as we are as Teamsters and work to get it out of the situation

I work for New Penn and we have covers to September 30 now The company caught up all back healthcare payments last week I urge you to contact your healthcare provider to verify this Do not believe everything you read do the work and check it out yourself it’s only a phone call

That doesn't make sense. They got caught up and prepaid thru September????

While I agree with you in principle about being informed, I'm sure there are negotiations going on behind the scenes between the company, the Union, the funds, and possibly even the banks. Since we individually have no direct role in these negotiations we ought to just go about our jobs and wait for accurate, final information to be released instead of projecting all kinds of dire scenarios. Time will tell.
What about the shippers that are watching?

He saying they are current on their payments not prepaid.

My local is the same if you work the days needed in June your covered for September.
By me it's d
I would not worry much about shippers they are smart. They all understand YRC's situation. If they are using a YRC carrier it is over price. They will ride that horse until it stops. Then worry.
I disagree, most will not risk having their freight tied up in our system if things look like they are getting ugly. IMO

Isn't the Sept payment made in middle to late August?
Our plan doesn't pay until mid month of the coverage literally. So June coverage isn't paid until June 15th - which means every month drivers under our particular plan could have two weeks of uncovered docs appointments or emergencies. I don't know why they do it that way, but its it's horrible. We didn't know if we actually had June coverage until June 15th smh. How can anyone take care of their medical needs with that constant uncertainty every month? It would be nice if they paid ahead like some other posters mentioned that their locals do.

HERE'S THE ONLY THING WE'VE HEARD FROM OUR UNION LEADERS ON THIS SO FAR...

7Rahisx.jpg

Hey Ken, what are we going to tell the members at YRC?!

:wtflol:

Someone in holland board said that they were told they have no benefits as of July 4th.

Yrcw going out of business?
I called TEAMCARE on the 23rd of June. The guy I talked to told me that our health benefits would end July 5th. And yrc has made no attempt to offer a resolution.He asked me if the union or a company rep has talked with us about the situation .He said if I wanted to continue my benefits after July 5th, I would have to sign up for Cobra at a cost of $417.00 per week.

Status
Not open for further replies.