ABF | TEAMSTERS, ABF REACH TENTATIVE AGREEMENT ON NEW CONTRACT

Our ba's walking around 042 telling guys we'd get bumped to 30.25 at ratification and get 75 cents a year for 5 years.
That puts us at 34 in 5 years
Numbers arenā€™t adding up. 30.25 on ratification, plus 75 cents a year for 5 years would either be 31 at ratification, or 33.25 in 5 years. 30.25 at ratification and 75 cents a year for 4 years is 33.25. Unless itā€™s 30.25, plus 75 the 1st, and 75 a year for the next 4 would be 34

Any info about excessive OT or double-time after the 10th hour?
As much as I loved the $$ not to be a giant DB not sure double time after 10 makes sense from a business perspective but I still have PTSD from my years as a YRC wife. Funny not funny hubs always had a CDL never forget a kerfuffle we had once when he threw it in my face where he said I made him stay at Yellow. Thankfully God paved the way to ABF he was a mechanic at Yellow.

As much as I loved the $$ not to be a giant DB not sure double time after 10 makes sense from a business perspective but I still have PTSD from my years as a YRC wife. Funny not funny hubs always had a CDL never forget a kerfuffle we had once when he threw it in my face where he said I made him stay at Yellow. Thankfully God paved the way to ABF he was a mechanic at Yellow.
Myself and 381 proposed the double time after 10 hours to hopefully slow down the excessive overtime and hire some more people. Overtime is good when you want it. Not so much when it is forced on you.

Yup 34....I wonder what the other national LTLs will be at? 38? 40? I mean they will still be 2 or 3 dollars up on us and getting a dollar or more every year...
But everything on the flip side takes a bite out of their hourly. Things like healthcare contribution, 401(k), etc. Those bring down their actual rate.

We don't have that worry.