ABF | TEAMSTERS, ABF REACH TENTATIVE AGREEMENT ON NEW CONTRACT

IMG_2782.md.jpeg
Someone please explain to me why it says “ in no case shall the cost of living allowance be more than (5) cents in any given year. “. Then followed by “ There shall be no cap on COLA. “

IMG_2782.md.jpeg
Someone please explain to me why it says “ in no case shall the cost of living allowance be more than (5) cents in any given year. “. Then followed by “ There shall be no cap on COLA. “
My guess is that when they were finalizing this tentative agreement, they over looked the 5 cent sentence and failed to strike it out. My BA said there is no “COLA Cap” in this tentative agreement!!!

My guess is that when they were finalizing this tentative agreement, they over looked the 5 cent sentence and failed to strike it out. My BA said there is no “COLA Cap” in this tentative agreement!!!
Or maybe they didn’t forget to cross it out. What wording do we follow? You know as well as I do that there shouldn’t be any discrepancies in a contract like this or it will cause nothing but trouble at some point!

Or maybe they didn’t forget to cross it out. What wording do we follow? You know as well as I do that there shouldn’t be any discrepancies in a contract like this or it will cause nothing but trouble at some point!
Agreed. So, when your local meets to go over the tentative agreement, point this sentence out to them and get your answer before you decide how to vote. My BA has flat out told me that there is no COLA Cap in this tentative agreement. I have also found wording in the Southern Region Supplemental Tentative Agreement that was over looked and not stricken out. My BA said that was an over sight as well. Bring it to your Local’s attention to get answers before deciding how to vote!!!

Agreed. So, when your local meets to go over the tentative agreement, point this sentence out to them and get your answer before you decide how to vote. My BA has flat out told me that there is no COLA Cap in this tentative agreement. I have also found wording in the Southern Region Supplemental Tentative Agreement that was over looked and not stricken out. My BA said that was an over sight as well. Bring it to your Local’s attention to get answers before deciding how to vote!!!
We are having a Contract review and ratification vote at the terminal this Thursday. I will definitely bring this up along with a few more things I’m not really happy about! Good luck to everyone!

“Intent” is everything in a newly negotiated contract.
Both the Company and the IBT understand the true intent was “no cap”.
It will get resolved!

From what I know you can call it a day at 11 hours and if they didn’t give you a 2 hour notice and you are back then you can punch out. Nothing they can do about it.
The new contract we can. The old language made it vague. It stated thier best effort. They took put that part of the language.