ABF | TEAMSTERS, ABF REACH TENTATIVE AGREEMENT ON NEW CONTRACT

ABF WAS D trucking COMPANY few years ago , NOW is the back burner of the freight business, so BAD they need to BEG for new drivers to come to work with thousands of dollars in bonuses , You know what ? , if you can do all of that ? Then start pay the correct amount of MULA to the one who are pulling your weight

My main question with this contract is will we be getting an uncapped COLA raise for 2023 on top of the $3.50? Or will we have to wait until 2024

My main question with this contract is will we be getting an uncapped COLA raise for 2023 on top of the $3.50? Or will we have to wait until 2024
My guess would 2024 as the CPI-W formula dates for the new contract will be based off of the January 2023-January 2024 dates payable on July 1, 2024 and every July 1 thereafter. Here is the current language and I assume it will be the same for the new contract. Minus the five (5) cent sentence high-lighted.

IMG_1864.md.jpeg IMG_1865.md.jpeg

My guess would 2024 as the CPI-W formula dates for the new contract will be based off of the January 2023-January 2024 dates payable on July 1, 2024 and every July 1 thereafter. Here is the current language and I assume it will be the same for the new contract. Minus the five (5) cent sentence high-lighted.

IMG_1864.md.jpeg IMG_1865.md.jpeg

They should have fought for 3.50 and a COLA increase for this year.

I'll answer hubs would trade back sick days and extra holiday for more money up front. He will vote no but we know it will probably pass. Colorado the cost of living is higher than it is other places
That's some good insight. Cost of living somewhere is definitely a consideration.

Yup 34....I wonder what the other national LTLs will be at? 38? 40? I mean they will still be 2 or 3 dollars up on us and getting a dollar or more every year...
Yup, go ahead and go work at one. You’ll be making that same hourly wage until you get close to the 50 hour mark, then they will send you home so they don’t have to pay overtime. I’ve been there and done that. Also no such thing as forced overtime, where they have to notify you 2 hours before your 8 is up. Nope, you come back in all tired and nerve wracked from driving and you get sent back out or to the dock.

Yup, go ahead and go work at one. You’ll be making that same hourly wage until you get close to the 50 hour mark, then they will send you home so they don’t have to pay overtime. I’ve been there and done that. Also no such thing as forced overtime, where they have to notify you 2 hours before your 8 is up. Nope, you come back in all tired and nerve wracked from driving and you get sent back out or to the dock.
They don't notify me 2 hours before my 8 is up now...they expect 11 or 12 (sometimes more) every damn day......I have no plans to move on, I am trying to make it better for everyone....

They don't notify me 2 hours before my 8 is up now...they expect 11 or 12 (sometimes more) every damn day......I have no plans to move on, I am trying to make it better for everyone....
From what I know you can call it a day at 11 hours and if they didn’t give you a 2 hour notice and you are back then you can punch out. Nothing they can do about it.

From what I know you can call it a day at 11 hours and if they didn’t give you a 2 hour notice and you are back then you can punch out. Nothing they can do about it.
That would depend on the Supplement you work under. My supplement has that language you are talking about, but it clearly say’s ”when possible”.
ABF381’s Supplement does not have that language in it.

IMG_1901.md.jpeg

If $3.50 an hour bump the first year then .75 cents each year after is indeed what the tentative agreement offer is, let’s compare it to the previous four contracts. If my math is correct, this offer is like .13 cents shy of what the previous four contracts offered “COMBINED” were. Meaning, this five year offer will be just shy of what the previous twenty years were combined!!!
So, before forming an opinion based solely on the wages, let’s wait and see what else is in this tentative agreement!!!
Then decide “Yes” or “No”!!!

IMG_1821.md.jpeg
Thanks for the perspective.

We can always be notified. They can send messages on our handheld.
381‘s Supplement is totally different than what you and I have in our Supplement. It is amazing to me how we all work under the same Master Agreement, but the Supplements a lot of times are like a totally different language!!!
My supplement has none of that language, it isn't from a lack of me trying either...I submitted 5 proposals based on different supplements to get it in there, but apparently my negotiating committee did nothing to fix it....."when possible" language would definitely be abused here .......my place is the land of 25 year old managers who don't understand that adults have adult things to do.....