ABF | TEAMSTERS, ABF REACH TENTATIVE AGREEMENT ON NEW CONTRACT

If $3.50 an hour bump the first year then .75 cents each year after is indeed what the tentative agreement offer is, let’s compare it to the previous four contracts. If my math is correct, this offer is like .13 cents shy of what the previous four contracts offered “COMBINED” were. Meaning, this five year offer will be just shy of what the previous twenty years were combined!!!
So, before forming an opinion based solely on the wages, let’s wait and see what else is in this tentative agreement!!!
Then decide “Yes” or “No”!!!

IMG_1821.md.jpeg

This single sentence about the COLA “high-lighted“ in Article 33 cost us a .60 cent raise in 2022 and another .37 cent raise for 2023. That is damn near a $1.00 an hour raise that we will never see because of a single sentence at the end of a paragraph!!!
Because of that sentence, we ended up getting a nickel per hour raise!!!

IMG_1822.md.jpeg

Because of this Operating Ratio MOU, we got a 3% bonus for 2021 and 2022. Both of those years, our OR was in the 88 to 89 range. The bonus scale stopped at a 93 or lower OR. If this scale in the current contract had kept increasing with every 1% improvement, that OR bonus for 2021 and 2022 would have been double what we did get. Meaning, if your OR bonus was (as an example) $2400.00, it would have been a $4800.00 bonus if the OR table had kept going at 1% for every one-point improvement!!!

IMG_1823.md.jpeg

If $3.50 an hour bump the first year then .75 cents each year after is indeed what the tentative agreement offer is, let’s compare it to the previous four contracts. If my math is correct, this offer is like .13 cents shy of what the previous four contracts offered “COMBINED” were. Meaning, this five year offer will be just shy of what the previous twenty years were combined!!!
So, before forming an opinion based solely on the wages, let’s wait and see what else is in this tentative agreement!!!

IMG_1821.md.jpeg
granted if the "rumours" are true this is the best offer we have ever received BUT it still does not bring us up to current times pay wise we should be making at least $35.00 a hour right now --- also lets stop just solely looking at the compensation package what about the little things that havent been changed or addressed in YEARS-- for example in chicago we get an extra 10 cents per hour to work between 10pm and 6am THIS NEEDS TO BE INCREASED we get 20 cents an hour to spot in the yard THIS NEEDS TO BE INCREASED our sick days do not count as a time clock punch THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE these are just a couple quick examples of things that still need to be worked out and im sure every individual local has some of these issues as well everyone votes how they feel but remember when you buy a new car or a house you always negotiate you NEVER give the first price thrown at you there is room for improvement here if all these contract rumors are true so if what we have heard is what i see in black and white im voting no

IMG_1821.md.jpeg
Obviously you have a point brother, but I highly doubt the rest of it is going to make up for the light wage increase....

I absolutely agree with that statement 100% I will be voting no if that is the case
Am I missing something with pension payments. The way it is read in contract, the pension tells them what they need. I don't see how a raise gets us anymore money when we retire. It's the same for everyone in whatever region they are in based on how many years you work unless I read that wrong.

Am I missing something with pension payments. The way it is read in contract, the pension tells them what they need. I don't see how a raise gets us anymore money when we retire. It's the same for everyone in whatever region they are in based on how many years you work unless I read that wrong.
I can't speak for all pension funds, but most funds pay out a percentage of how much goes in on your behalf every year.....that is where people get confused.....people seem to think you get so much for every year........in my fund a year is defined as more than a thousand hours......but if you worked every week you would have 2080 hours..so you take 2 drivers, one works a thousand hours and the other works 2080 hours....these two guys wouldn't get the same amount even though they both got credit for one year.....so yes a raise would give you a bigger payout.....I hope someone comes along and explains it better than I did....

I can't speak for all pension funds, but most funds pay out a percentage of how much goes in on your behalf every year.....that is where people get confused.....people seem to think you get so much for every year........in my fund a year is defined as more than a thousand hours......but if you worked every week you would have 2080 hours..so you take 2 drivers, one works a thousand hours and the other works 2080 hours....these two guys wouldn't get the same amount even though they both got credit for one year.....so yes a raise would give you a bigger payout.....I hope someone comes along and explains it better than I did....
I am in Central States. We currently get 1% credit per month based on the amount that is paid in on our behalf and 2% credit per month paid in on our behalf before 2004. As an example:
260-days worked X $68.40 per day = $17,784.00 for a calendar year.
1% of that would be $177.84 per month for that year.
If you had let’s say 10 years in with 260-days credit per year, your pension would be around $1778.84 per month at age 62.
10 years X $177.84 per month = $1778.84 per month.
$68.40 per day credit is the current rate paid in and has been since 2013.
In 2003, the rate was $34.00 a day X 2%.
In 2008, the rate was $51.60 a day X 1%.
Depending on the Supplement you work under, the rates and pay-out may be different.

Obviously you have a point brother, but I highly doubt the rest of it is going to make up for the light wage increase....
I agree, but I still want to see if there is any improvements to the pension/Health&Welfare contribution requirements, forced overtime, autonomous/A.I. use, Purchase Transport, Driver Facing Cameras, etc., etc. before making my decision on how to vote.
In short, I want to see the whole package. Not just the wage adjustments.

Here is your Supplement language (Western) Skurveys. You will have to check with your fund provider to get the breakdown of the payout for contributions. Like 381 said earlier, each Supplement is different.

IMG_1828.md.png IMG_1829.md.png

I went out for strong margaritas w a BFF all I can say about all of this right now is blah blah blah pension. I know it's important but I am overr waiting for this be over with lol. Man is 430 mst going to suck when I need to get up make coffee and the hubs lunch. I just hope we get a good contract or y'all stand up and vote No!!

I agree, but I still want to see if there is any improvements to the pension/Health&Welfare contribution requirements, forced overtime, autonomous/A.I. use, Purchase Transport, Driver Facing Cameras, etc., etc. before making my decision on how to vote.
In short, I want to see the whole package. Not just the wage adjustments.
My thoughts are the same. Sure the money matters, but its the entire contract package i'm waiting to see offered to us. Then i will make my decision..

Our ba's walking around 042 telling guys we'd get bumped to 30.25 at ratification and get 75 cents a year for 5 years.
That puts us at 34 in 5 years
That is a NO VOTE NO ACCEPTABLE, AT LEAST $32 WILL PUT US BACK WHERE WE WERE IF THEY DIDNT GOT THAT SCAM 7% PAY CUT ...THINK LIKE WE WHERE BACK IN 2013 AT $24.41 TOP SCALE AND AD THE MATH , IF YOU FOLLOW THAT IS $6 Giving us $30 equal to 60 cents per 10 years ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND ?
MY VOTE IS NOT AND I HOPE MANY WILL FOLLOW IF THAT IS JUST BARELY THAT $30 Offer
Our ba's walking around 042 telling guys we'd get bumped to 30.25 at ratification and get 75 cents a year for 5 years.
That puts us at 34 in 5 years

That is a NO VOTE NO ACCEPTABLE, AT LEAST $32 WILL PUT US BACK WHERE WE WERE IF THEY DIDNT GOT THAT SCAM 7% PAY CUT ...THINK LIKE WE WHERE BACK IN 2013 AT $24.41 TOP SCALE AND AD THE MATH , IF YOU FOLLOW THAT IS $6 Giving us $30 equal to 60 cents per 10 years ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND ?
MY VOTE IS NOT AND I HOPE MANY WILL FOLLOW IF THAT IS JUST BARELY THAT $30 Offer
This is the kind of thing I'd be posting if I'd hung around ABF.

Let us all be thankful I left. Lol

So, back on April 30th you were afraid to say whether or not you turned in any contract proposals for this contract, and now you are on here announcing to the world that you will be voting “NO” to anything less than $32.00 an hour. Interesting method of reasoning you’ve got there. Do you not even care what else is in the new contract or does nothing else matter to you other than the hourly wage?

So, back on April 30th you were afraid to say whether or not you turned in any contract proposals for this contract, and now you are on here announcing to the world that you will be voting “NO” to anything less than $32.00 an hour. Interesting method of reasoning you’ve got there. Do you not even care what else is in the new contract or does nothing else matter to you other than the hourly

Still waiting like everybody in here to see the top secret NEW CONTRACT , and Yes the PAY does it matter NOW , as the others benefits, when a young kid around the local area straight from high school is making $25 and $40 and hour in a warehouse , and you put your life in danger every day driving hazmat materials or driving for 10 t0 12 hours , YES DOES IT MATTER THE PAY AND THE BENEFITS .