ABF | TEAMSTERS, ABF REACH TENTATIVE AGREEMENT ON NEW CONTRACT

So, back on April 30th you were afraid to say whether or not you turned in any contract proposals for this contract, and now you are on here announcing to the world that you will be voting “NO” to anything less than $32.00 an hour. Interesting method of reasoning you’ve got there. Do you not even care what else is in the new contract or does nothing else matter to you other than the hourly wage?
My husband thinks and wants 5 and hour and you deserve it. I know you won't get it. Just how much less is the question. He will vote probably vote no but will it be enough to make him force me to stay in Denver until he hits his 80 points?? That's the big ???.

My husband thinks and wants 5 and hour and you deserve it. I know you won't get it. Just how much less is the question. He will vote probably vote no but will it be enough to make him force me to stay in Denver until he hits his 80 points?? That's the big ???.
We would have enough points to go now if we hadn't lost years to the YRC problem. My heart breaks for those people. I should be a little nicer. A few bucks will help a lot.

if your OR bonus was (as an example) $2400.00, it would have been a $4800.00 bonus if the OR table had kept going at 1% for every one-point improvement!!!
The new hires are getting $5,000 to $10,000 unless they sign up at a job Fair then they get $15,000. The formula should provide that if a new hire gets more than the formula then all drivers get the higher rate that the new hire was just paid.

The new hires are getting $5,000 to $10,000 unless they sign up at a job Fair then they get $15,000. The formula should provide that if a new hire gets more than the formula then all drivers get the higher rate that the new hire was just paid.
I like that idea!!!
Unfortunately, unless someone submitted that proposal back in November, it will probably be the “next” contract before that one would be considered.

I see what you're saying, but in our discussions regarding that situation at UPS, we've decided that any retention bonus we could fight for would better be spent on permanent gains in pay.

I like that idea!!!
Unfortunately, unless someone submitted that proposal back in November, it will probably be the “next” contract before that one would be considered.

I see what you're saying, but in our discussions regarding that situation at UPS, we've decided that any retention bonus we could fight for would better be spent on permanent gains in pay.
We should all know what's in it pretty soon rumor we are hearing is Thursday pm. But it's just a rumor. Fingers crossed it's amazing. I like this new guy way better than Jr.

granted if the "rumours" are true this is the best offer we have ever received BUT it still does not bring us up to current times pay wise we should be making at least $35.00 a hour right now --- also lets stop just solely looking at the compensation package what about the little things that havent been changed or addressed in YEARS-- for example in chicago we get an extra 10 cents per hour to work between 10pm and 6am THIS NEEDS TO BE INCREASED we get 20 cents an hour to spot in the yard THIS NEEDS TO BE INCREASED our sick days do not count as a time clock punch THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE these are just a couple quick examples of things that still need to be worked out and im sure every individual local has some of these issues as well everyone votes how they feel but remember when you buy a new car or a house you always negotiate you NEVER give the first price thrown at you there is room for improvement here if all these contract rumors are true so if what we have heard is what i see in black and white im voting no
I'm sure the the negotiating committee didn't take the first offer. We need to give more credit to the new elected officials. Sean O'Brian said no concessions. I voted for him because I believed what he had to say. Some are acting like he's going to give us a :shit:y contract and force it on us.

I'm sure the the negotiating committee didn't take the first offer. We need to give more credit to the new elected officials. Sean O'Brian said no concessions. I voted for him because I believed what he had to say. Some are acting like he's going to give us a :::shit:::y contract and force it on us.
I met the man outside my terminal, talked with him for maybe five minutes.

I decided I was glad he was on our side, because I don't think I'd like to be sitting across from him at a bargaining table.

I don't know much, but I don't think he plays.

Our ba's walking around 042 telling guys we'd get bumped to 30.25 at ratification and get 75 cents a year for 5 years.
That puts us at 34 in 5 years
That is definitely a NO VOTE . THIS PEOPLE DIDN'T LOOK OUT FOR THE WORKERS BEST INTEREST....THIS IS A CRAPPY OFFER

Are you management ? What part of the raise you see fair ? In 5 years We're all going to look like the CLOWNS 🤡 of freight delivery making that kind of money , PEOPLE STOP BEEN A ZOMBIE 🧟‍♂️ LIKE THINKING PEOPLE ...
Oh man! Oh man! You got me! That management insult! Such a good one....

Put up or shut up. You can't come on here, complain, and then have no alternative solution. Have a conversation without the insults. We're all brothers here trying to make sense of what's happening. Try looking at it through that lens.

I think you got nothing. Just an inate desire to complain.

Who hurt you? Was it Suzie in 5th grade? You can tell me.

That wage offer isn't bad. 10 dollars over 5 years with COLA protection is better than what I thought they were going to start with.

How so? What is it you don't like? What are you wanting instead?
I'll answer hubs would trade back sick days and extra holiday for more money up front. He will vote no but we know it will probably pass. Colorado the cost of living is higher than it is other places

Oh man! Oh man! You got me! That management insult! Such a good one....

Put up or shut up. You can't come on here, complain, and then have no alternative solution. Have a conversation without the insults. We're all brothers here trying to make sense of what's happening. Try looking at it through that lens.

I think you got nothing. Just an inate desire to complain.

Who hurt you? Was it Suzie in 5th grade? You can tell
ABF WAS D trucking COMPANY few years ago , NOW is the back burner of the freight business, so BAD they need to BEG for new drivers to come to work with thousands of dollars in bonuses , You know what ? , if you can do all of that ? Them start pay the correct amount of MULA to the one who are pulling your weight .