Teamsters approve strike at ABF Freight if needed

He just joined today & the first post is doom & gloom….I surprised we haven’t seen more showing up this contract…..
I guess he must be part of the 2% that voted no to strike authorization.... that's his prerogative, but I don't get why anyone should be scared if TFI did buy ABF....yeah it would suck... what would I do? I guess I would get another job.....

I guess he must be part of the 2% that voted no to strike authorization.... that's his prerogative, but I don't get why anyone should be scared if TFI did buy ABF....yeah it would suck... what would I do? I guess I would get another job.....
If you hadn't been so hard on Razor, he could make you vice chairman.

It will happen, TFI didn't buy a 4% stake in ARCBEST just for poops and giggles. By the end of this year or early next year we'll be TFI employees, pray that your terminal isn't affected a great deal.
Comically when I asked our BA at the hall about this development he said "nah, if anything ABF would buy TFI", I didn't know whether to laugh in his face or cry that the Teamsters could be that stupid to think that Judy and her crew at ARCBEST would even consider buying another union carrier.
This guy lasted a whole 4 hours on Truckingboards, guess he realized that were not as cozy with the company as he is....

I don’t think t force will buy abf. I think it’s just a tactic by the company because it’s contract time. Abf probably owns shares of t force.

Abf is the only reason Arcbest makes any money! We are the cash cow 🐮 good luck bailing on abf. Arcbest would be done in no time. It’s been 100 years, I don’t see any reason it won’t go another 100. I might be wrong, but I’m allowed to have my opinion

Von, where have you been brother? Haven't seen you in awhile...
Sorry it took so long to respond. I have drifted from TB due to a minor illness during the winter. I also acquired 3 more lawns to cut. I will be 70 in July & I found my cruise control does not reach its former setting. My time of on line has been cut due to these and other issues. I also have found myself drifting or loosing interest in the Industry. But, over the years, TB has been without a doubt the best go to place for industry news & entertainment. I have been creeping around the back halls, just posting a lot less because of time constraints. I wish everybody on TB the best. Stay safe. Von.

Sorry it took so long to respond. I have drifted from TB due to a minor illness during the winter. I also acquired 3 more lawns to cut. I will be 70 in July & I found my cruise control does not reach its former setting. My time of on line has been cut due to these and other issues. I also have found myself drifting or loosing interest in the Industry. But, over the years, TB has been without a doubt the best go to place for industry news & entertainment. I have been creeping around the back halls, just posting a lot less because of time constraints. I wish everybody on TB the best. Stay safe. Von.

I'm glad you're feeling better and I hope you're not doing lawns on Billy's turf (definitely a pun)

Sorry it took so long to respond. I have drifted from TB due to a minor illness during the winter. I also acquirned 3 more lawns to cut. I will be 70 in July & I found my cruise control does not reach its former setting. My time of on line has been cut due to these and other issues. I also have found myself drifting or loosing interest in the Industry. But, over the years, TB has been without a doubt the best go to place for industry news & entertainment. I have been creeping around the back halls, just posting a lot less because of time constraints. I wish everybody on TB the best. Stay safe. Von.
It may be best not to solicit lawn mowing jobs, ye may face the wrath of Billylo.