XPO | Terminal Layoffs And Dsr Reassignments Thread.

Another 20 year guy quit. First day at UPS was Friday. One of the new hires called off 4 days in a row this week. I think that's quitting. Hard to say now a days. LOL

If he went to UPS feeders he will be a happy camper ! Big pension , excellent ins , sick days , personal days ! Congrats to him !

We are a minor league team for the UPS feeder board. And it's all experienced guys that are going. They will hire any of us instantly. From all the great drivers we have sent them.

People are lining up their vacations and health concerns. It takes 30 punches to be in the union. And I think it's 60 punches until you get the health care.

Big negative is the pay cut. If you are making $100K and go to making $21.75. Kick in the junk. To say the least. But in four years. You are making $40 an hour. And the whole paying $50 a month for health care is an incredible savings over what you will pay for our insurance. Not even counting what you spend actually going to the doctor or getting a prescription.

XPO has zero respect for us. And doesn't want us here. If they did. They would do something. Company is making gobs of money. We have no value. Absolutely none.

We are a minor league team for the UPS feeder board. And it's all experienced guys that are going. They will hire any of us instantly. From all the great drivers we have sent them.

People are lining up their vacations and health concerns. It takes 30 punches to be in the union. And I think it's 60 punches until you get the health care.

Big negative is the pay cut. If you are making $100K and go to making $21.75. Kick in the junk. To say the least. But in four years. You are making $40 an hour. And the whole paying $50 a month for health care is an incredible savings over what you will pay for our insurance. Not even counting what you spend actually going to the doctor or getting a prescription.

XPO has zero respect for us. And doesn't want us here. If they did. They would do something. Company is making gobs of money. We have no value. Absolutely none.
Just add couple things to that in ,4 yrs you will be making 43.00 and change at UPS , 0 for your healthcare ( dues are not for insurance) and 0 to a company paid pension. The feeder divers near me are making 140k to 165 k a year.
When I started withe CCX only .50 and hour separated us from Ups’s top pay. They ,through the strength of collective bargaining ,managed near 1.00 an hour raises a year and no cost healthcare. While we got .30 raises and paid more for our healthcare.
Ltl compensation has been held back by non union competition.
You can’t blame drivers for going there. It’s where the real money is. It’s not just an Xpo problem it and industry problem . That’s not to say they don’t have their share of blame.
We have been left in the dust .

Making 100k and paying big dollars for sub par insurance and being nearly completely responsible for funding your retirement is not what we once had .
Yes things changed . Then there is being diminished.

Can’t blame guys for leaving to go to UPS they can nearly double their compensation between dramatically increased pay and benefits.

Last edited:

In my area UPS feeders start at $27.50 an hour . The drivers will be far far ahead in very little time . I applaud them for making the move .

Just add couple things to that in ,4 yrs you will be making 43.00 and change at UPS , 0 for your healthcare ( dues are not for insurance) and 0 to a company paid pension. The feeder divers near me are making 140k to 165 k a year.
When I started withe CCX only .50 and hour separated us from Ups’s top pay. They ,through the strength of collective bargaining ,managed near 1.00 an hour raises a year and no cost healthcare. While we got .30 raises and paid more for our healthcare.
Ltl compensation has been held back by non union competition.
You can’t blame drivers for going there. It’s where the real money is. It’s not just an Xpo problem it and industry problem . That’s not to say they don’t have their share of blame.
We have been left in the dust .

Making 100k and paying big dollars for sub par insurance and being nearly completely responsible for funding your retirement is not what we once had .
Yes things changed . Then there is being diminished.

Can’t blame guys for leaving to go to UPS they can nearly double their compensation between dramatically increased pay and benefits.
I agree 100% !

In my area UPS feeders start at $27.50 an hour . The drivers will be far far ahead in very little time . I applaud them for making the move .

If they payed that in this area they would have a lot more drivers. And XPO would have a lot fewer.

No doubt about that ! If they weren’t able to get drivers I bet it would go up and maybe to $27.50
We've had several guys go to UPS at my barn. They only hire seasonal which starts about September and they work until January then got played off. Then got called back in the Spring and worked all summer until they got full time status. So for the first year no benefits but top pay. Hard to do if you have a family and only one working

We've had several guys go to UPS at my barn. They only hire seasonal which starts about September and they work until January then got played off. Then got called back in the Spring and worked all summer until they got full time status. So for the first year no benefits but top pay. Hard to do if you have a family and only one working
Are you a driver?

If your young enough it’s worth the initial sacrifice . Short Term loss for long term big gain. Top pay, free healthcare and a retirement. No young guy is going to get that here .

If your young enough it’s worth the initial sacrifice . Short Term loss for long term big gain. Top pay, free healthcare and a retirement. No young guy is going to get that here .
The UPS that Highspeeds is referring to has had a few 20+ year drivers in good standing leave from XCO ( Columbus Ohio ) to go work as feeder drivers...not young men , people that did the math and left.

Hopefully those guys have a spouse that can get ins . If not if starting at top rate they could buy ins that 1st year . Doesn’t have to be the best unless needed .

The UPS that Highspeeds is referring to has had a few 20+ year drivers in good standing leave from XCO ( Columbus Ohio ) to go work as feeder drivers...not young men , people that did the math and left.

And management can’t wait to see us leave. They don’t even want us here.

You mean the SMART ones ?

It’s really sad. All my buddies are leaving. Guys in their 50s. Jacobs is imploding this nightmare. And no one wants to be out on the street looking for a job at that age. It’s always easier to get on somewhere else when you already have a job.

And management can’t wait to see us leave. They don’t even want us here.
I’m not sure ifs that’s the case. They just want you on their terms of a discounted rate. They want experience they just don’t want to compensate for. Can’t say I blame them and most drivers will oblige them sadly enough.
Strange times we live in.

Last edited:
So then why, back in the day, didn't you form a union with CCX? Oh that's right the word on the street was "We didn't need a Union back then" now look were you are at