ABF | The call last night.

Kind of got the impression that things could be going better for both sides during the call last night. Guess I better find a comfy chair for picket 🪧🪧🪧 lines.
I heard they were working on economic issues this past week......I'm sure that tight ABF is cringing at the proposal.....they don't cringe when it comes to their own compensation...... or lack of hours the managers or supervisors work for their compensation.......the supervisors and managers salaries are based on ten hour days...I haven't seen a manager work 10 hours in 8 years (that is when my first manager retired) or a supervisor work that many hours only a handful of times....of course they get upset with me when I complain about long days.....I have been known to hurt feelings when I complain about it....:17142:

I heard they were working on economic issues this past week......I'm sure that tight ABF is cringing at the proposal.....they don't cringe when it comes to their own compensation...... or lack of hours the managers or supervisors work for their compensation.......the supervisors and managers salaries are based on ten hour days...I haven't seen a manager work 10 hours in 8 years (that is when my first manager retired) or a supervisor work that many hours only a handful of times....of course they get upset with me when I complain about long days.....I have been known to hurt feelings when I complain about it....:17142:
Well said !! 100% true

"....The parties currently remain far apart on economics....."
What is the company proposing?
What are the Teamsters proposing?
I would like to know city rate as well as the road rate.
ABF is a profitable company. I would guess that they are offering a wage increase based on the inflation rate of about $2.25 per hour the first year and whatever that translates into mileage rates. Probably not much else at this point in the process.

ABF is a profitable company. I would guess that they are offering a wage increase based on the inflation rate of about $2.25 per hour the first year and whatever that translates into mileage rates. Probably not much else at this point in the process.
I am really hoping to get the actual proposals. I know that southern cities with no pro sports teams for over 100 mile radius city drivers are getting $32.00 per hour. Why should we work for less than the non union drivers?

Why would you even speculate (guess) at something that you nor anyone else knows about with the exception of the negotiating committee?
Are you just trying to stir up sh*t?
Get a life, LOSER!!!

I wouldn't go with him either but if we did, we all know he is a baller so he could pick up the tab. Lol
I'd have a beer with him if he would let me wear his chairman hat.
Country Music Thank You GIF by Jon Pardi

I don't know of any other industry where the Union worker makes less than the non-union because the union worker has better benefits. Not the United Auto workers, steel workers, plumbers, electricians, no one.
So you think that ABF should pay you $33.00 an hour plus your pension and 100% paid health care?
Your making way more than a nonunion driver now of you add those sweet benifits into the mix.