ABF | The Day After the contract vote fails!

What you don't like Muler and Docker?

It has nothing to do with like. Both badger and browbeat. Those two would be the last people I would want to negotiate for me.
PS. They showed the lack of character when REQUESTED to reign in the rhetoric BOTH resigned.

What's Wrong albag, can't you answer the question?

I like to know what your interest here is anyway, are do you just liking being a troll, or do you just like to visit other company threads and start trouble.

Please tell me why do you not like Muler and Docker, I really like to know
That's part of the problem. You don't like my opinions. So you call me troll.
I have question for you. Do you ever notice that there many more viewers than there are posters? Ever wonder why that is? Lots of lurkers looking for opinions!
When you rejected the "beg back" you were correct to do so. I just don't believe ABF is lying to you. And I think James Welch would be happy to get your customers if he could. Sorry if you find this to be trolling. Just an opposing opinion.

It has nothing to do with like. Both badger and browbeat. Those two would be the last people I would want to negotiate for me.
PS. They showed the lack of character when REQUESTED to reign in the rhetoric BOTH resigned.

Thank you for your answer, I happen to disagree with you, but that is ok. Both Muler and Docker will research the facts, and can back them up.That is not a bad thing. In my experience with with them all they ask for is, if you state something as a fact that you be able to back it up.

As far as negotiators I can't see them as any worse then we have now, in fact I would expect they would do a great job, at least they would have our best interest, and not what's in it for their personal gain .The IBT has failed miserably, seems the only interest they are looking for is their own.

BTW, Have you ever seen the IBT,and Pension funds Executives Take a cut in pay, loss of benefits, or lose their pensions all the while they are negotiating them into our contracts? I don't think so, their wage and pension/benefit packages are protected. They don't have the same pension and benefit packages, theirs are much better and you better believe protected no matter what happens!!!!!!!!!!

The men you recommend are on record that any concession is unacceptable. Let us get a couple of facts straight this very second. #1 The company has lost 200 million the last 5 years. You can't change history. Going forward, some sort of H-o-p-e has to be given to those making the decisions at Corporate. If there is none, turn out the lights the party is over. They will use the tools available to them to chart a different course that doesn't involve Teamsters. Pensions will fail, men become unemployed and families will suffer. The job market for a former union truck driver isn't very good. Hate to blow anyone's ego away, but this is a reality.

#2 The men not interested in any concession are now making the argument they want what is fair? Ignore them, they are looking at this problem subjectively, not objectively. Real problems are in play and it relates directly to ABF no longer being profitable in the LTL industry. Ask them what they are willing to give up, and the conversation will run dry. They have come to these threads with one agenda, and that is to reject any offer. If you doubt my point, ask them what they are willing to concede to a company that has been unprofitable for over 5 years. You better suck up some of that pride and realize if you want a job something significant must change.

There is nothing about electronic monitoring and eliminating greivance panels, that has to do with profit. Reduction of breaks is just a kick in the mouth

If the majority feel as you two do. ABF is DOOMED!

Even Muler and Docker knows ABF lost money can you prove the 265 million loss; please provide us with a link. I know one thing 265 million is not in the SEC filings. I agree they lost money and need some type of help. I just think there is a better way of doing it. By the way if the older Teamsters felt like you, back in the day we would be working for $10.00 an hour. Can you 100% say ABF will be taken over by YRC I guess you can see into the future. I work the city and close out every day, looking at the stupid way we operate that cost us money. Example run a road driver with empties from 250 miles away put him to bed for 10 hours. Turn around and give him the same set run him back to where he came with empties. Run a road driver from 04 to us with a 1000lb timekeeper on the front box and a back empty for over 400 mile, so the timekeeper isn't late. The cost far outweighs the price of the timekeeper. There is a better way to get where they want to go. Like you say if everyone feels like you the Teamsters are Doomed God help us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has always been that way, but, it's fine what they make, until they can't bring the goods. Because of circumstances they can't control, we want to throw them all out of office! There ain't enough DAMN money in the world to get me to set on a committee, and do the best I can to negotiate a deal and some snot nosed punk jump up at the hall and start cussing me out cause his little feelings got hurt. Them guys earn every dime they get. Anybody that can get nominated and voted in can serve, I suggest they start campaigning if they want to SERVE! But, it takes a special kind of tolerance and patience to do that job, and you have to be able to work both sides of the street...IT AIN"T EASY MONEY!

Are you guys not running out of hours every week now? They are going to supplement the existing relay operation. Older hands will be retiring. You will move up. And how many times have you heard contractors with any company talking at the truck stop, "Man them company drivers, they got it made! They give us all the weekend, holiday, BS runs.....that's because the company drivers do have it made! You guys need to understand that YRCW is in union busting mode, and this is ABF's last stand.

I am getting all the miles I can handle every week now. I would still make good money even with a 7% cut. With the bids we are gonna loose plus at least 6% less probably much more than 6% less freight thats why I feel like I have no choice but to vote no.

If there were checks and balances or some enforcement mechanism to protect the road boards jobs maybe but there is nothing to protect our jobs.

It's loose loose either way I'm F@$&ed

Tell me where I'm wrong

Even Muler and Docker knows ABF lost money can you prove the 265 million loss; please provide us with a link. I know one thing 265 million is not in the SEC filings. I agree they lost money and need some type of help. I just think there is a better way of doing it. By the way if the older Teamsters felt like you, back in the day we would be working for $10.00 an hour. Can you 100% say ABF will be taken over by YRC I guess you can see into the future. I work the city and close out every day, looking at the stupid way we operate that cost us money. Example run a road driver with empties from 250 miles away put him to bed for 10 hours. Turn around and give him the same set run him back to where he came with empties. Run a road driver from 04 to us with a 1000lb timekeeper on the front box and a back empty for over 400 mile, so the timekeeper isn't late. The cost far outweighs the price of the timekeeper. There is a better way to get where they want to go. Like you say if everyone feels like you the Teamsters are Doomed God help us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see this kind of stupidity and waste also just throwing good money after bad.

I'm like WTF

The line everybody says "you only see the small picture driver the fort sees the big picture"

I am getting all the miles I can handle every week now. I would still make good money even with a 7% cut. With the bids we are gonna loose plus at least 6% less probably much more than 6% less freight thats why I feel like I have no choice but to vote no.

If there were checks and balances or some enforcement mechanism to protect the road boards jobs maybe but there is nothing to protect our jobs.

It's loose loose either way I'm F@$&ed

Tell me where I'm wrong

Brother I am city and cannot even pretend to speak to this issue, but I'm sure it would affect junior extra board to some degree, but continued losses will do the same. One way to look at it, will I be in a better situation 5 yrs from now. There will always be men on the bottom, but it won't always be you...good luck

Brother I am city and cannot even pretend to speak to this issue, but I'm sure it would affect junior extra board to some degree, but continued losses will do the same. One way to look at it, will I be in a better situation 5 yrs from now. There will always be men on the bottom, but it won't always be you...good luck

Were You looking to the future when you voted for concessions at yrc and then bailed?

There is nothing about electronic monitoring and eliminating greivance panels, that has to do with profit. Reduction of breaks is just a kick in the mouth

I am not arguing to support the TA, I am here to say we as ABF teamsters better have some folks in place the moment this agreement fails. These people need to be ABF Teamsters. They will need to hear the direct input from our pension trustees. They need only an elementary understanding how to read a financial statement. They will have to be honest and forthright individuals who before sitting down can say without reservation we are both(company and union) fighting for our survival and that a truly mutually benefitting contract will be attained or we will both go to the graveyard and die.
The men who have been arguing against this TA long before it was negotiated are on record of saying they would vote no if any wage decreased, pension or health and welfare benefit gets cut. Those fairly new to TB need to read their comments from last year before they quit once they were told to knock the personal attacks off.

Lastly, automated logs are coming via federal mandate, how would you write such change into the contract?

Hay I had a guy tell me the exact same thing you are saying last night. We vote it down yellow steps it. The problem is I loose my job even if I vote yes. Panther is gonna get all my freight ill get no work. It's just choosing how u want to die.
Amen 12 pack I hear ya. TC, NHE, have some valid points. It is pretty scarey, I am a 50yo fat guy, gonna have real hard time finding another job. But you are right.............if it is over for ABF its over. Trust me this is just step one opens the door for more concessions to come. I'll say it again, everyone has a point at which they will say "NO MORE". Its up to us as individuals to determine where that point is. For me it is NOW.

It's easy to talk about someone, what did Docker resigned from. Muler was a Mod a good one at that.

It's easy to talk about someone, what did Docker resigned from. Muler was a Mod a good one at that.

Perhaps you should refresh you memory. Go back and read their posts with the Joe and Wolf. Docker nearly brought tears to my eyes with his dramatic exit! Sorry about the sarcasm. And IMO Muler wasn't much of a mod, either.

Perhaps you should refresh you memory. Go back and read their posts with the Joe and Wolf. Docker nearly brought tears to my eyes with his dramatic exit! Sorry about the sarcasm. And IMO Muler wasn't much of a mod, either.

One question out of the four names you just called out who is left here on truckingboards. If my memory is correct Docker and Muler or not banned they left by choice because of another MOD

Wolf remains. His crime of daring to disagree with Docker, was punished by a short banning. the Joe was confrontational but I was sorry to see him go. If I'm not mistaken, Docker has ventured back occasionally. And as a Mod we disagree about Muler. But he is credible, he quit and as far as I know has never been back here.

Thank you for your answer, I happen to disagree with you, but that is ok. Both Muler and Docker will research the facts, and can back them up.That is not a bad thing. In my experience with with them all they ask for is, if you state something as a fact that you be able to back it up.

As far as negotiators I can't see them as any worse then we have now, in fact I would expect they would do a great job, at least they would have our best interest, and not what's in it for their personal gain .The IBT has failed miserably, seems the only interest they are looking for is their own.

BTW, Have you ever seen the IBT,and Pension funds Executives Take a cut in pay, loss of benefits, or lose their pensions all the while they are negotiating them into our contracts? I don't think so, their wage and pension/benefit packages are protected. They don't have the same pension and benefit packages, theirs are much better and you better believe protected no matter what happens!!!!!!!!!!

Docker doesn't allow or like opinions. He wants call opinions "back with facts!!!!!"
Hello? Its an opinion Docker, deal with it.
But yet he's allowed to give opinions with no evidence or facts.

Muler is ok in my book. I'd trust Muler negotiating on my behalf. Docker? Heeeeeeell no!

Docker doesn't allow or like opinions. He wants call opinions "back with facts!!!!!"
Hello? Its an opinion Docker, deal with it.
But yet he's allowed to give opinions with no evidence or facts.

Muler is ok in my book. I'd trust Muler negotiating on my behalf. Docker? Heeeeeeell no!

I can agree that we can disagree, I respect both Muler and Docker. Say what you may I think they would have our best interest at heart not like the IBT and ABF.