ABF | The Day After the contract vote fails!

Perhaps you should refresh you memory. Go back and read their posts with the Joe and Wolf. Docker nearly brought tears to my eyes with his dramatic exit! Sorry about the sarcasm. And IMO Muler wasn't much of a mod, either.

Docker quit the board over the spat he had with Stewart on the rock or Stoney ???

Perhaps you should refresh you memory. Go back and read their posts with the Joe and Wolf. Docker nearly brought tears to my eyes with his dramatic exit! Sorry about the sarcasm. And IMO Muler wasn't much of a mod, either.

Wrong, Docker and Muler had more important things going on. Muler was a great Mod, We both know what happen.....

One question out of the four names you just called out who is left here on truckingboards. If my memory is correct Docker and Muler or not banned they left by choice because of another MOD

True

I can agree that we can disagree, I respect both Muler and Docker. Say what you may I think they would have our best interest at heart not like the IBT and ABF.

I agree with you 100%

Docker quit the board over the spat he had with Stewart on the rock or Stoney ???

Docker Muler never quit, They both can come and go as they want. They have their own website that takes all their time.....

The black hole of 6% subcontracting, the loss of one weeks vacation and 7% decrease in pay are hard to stomach. I can't see this passing considering pretty much every angle has a poison pill.

Seems logical we pressure Hoffa right now for an all ABF negotiating committee to roll out on the day after the vote fails. I have on pretty good authority there is no plan B with the International if and when the vote fails.

The day after the vote fails it is over. There will be no ABF negotiating committee with Hoffa. No multiple re-votes and yes you're right about the no plan B. The union is endorsing this contract not the contract you want. The day after the vote fails ABF will be ripe for a hostile takeover by YRC for less then the $18.00 a share that was offered. YRC needs ABF to bolster their network to improve density. ABF already stated they cannot control what the YRC board will do. Why can't you understand that?

The day after the vote fails it is over. There will be no ABF negotiating committee with Hoffa. No multiple re-votes and yes you're right about the no plan B. The union is endorsing this contract not the contract you want. The day after the vote fails ABF will be ripe for a hostile takeover by YRC for less then the $18.00 a share that was offered. YRC needs ABF to bolster their network to improve density. ABF already stated they cannot control what the YRC board will do. Why can't you understand that?

If ABF isn't interested in negotiating that's on them.

It's gonna be what it's gonna be

Either way I won't have a job so it doesn't matter

As a guy who worked for almost a year in these boards advocating for some sort of relief for ABF considering the load they have been covering on the pension by paying many millions of dollars for teamsters who never worked at ABF deserved them some sort of goodwill.
Well, not so much goodwill granted them by the negotiating committee did on the TA. The black hole of 6% subcontracting, the loss of one weeks vacation and 7% decrease in pay are hard to stomach. I can't see this passing considering pretty much every angle has a poison pill.

Seems logical we pressure Hoffa right now for an all ABF negotiating committee to roll out on the day after the vote fails. No strike authorization vote as a measure of good faith and smart tactics. But real rank and file folks from both the road and city to bring this agreement home. I have on pretty good authority there is no plan B with the International if and when the vote fails.

Ideas for this rank and file committee would be welcome. Please contribute with your thoughts and ideas.

There is NO plan B....on pretty good authority.....Here's an idea, I really don't see this contract starving nobody. If we could land a hundred new accounts nationwide this year, we would all be begging for more help, who would give a crap if it was a contractor taking up the slack....How about instead of wasting all this time whining about how bad we're gonna get it, what if we overwhelmingly voted it in, and gave them some video of folks busting it, doing it right the first time, being safe and conscientious, smiling at the boss and genuinely asking how his family is doing? We are so damn scared someone's gonna get over on us. Well, ABF is not a charitable organization, they gotta make money to pay for the MACHINE and make payroll. Is this a good contract, no it has it's drawbacks, but all the contracts I've ever voted on, the best ones, OH they were just TRASH! We are the RANK and FILE COMMITTEE. Your Union Leadership and OUR Company have negotiated for three months....They have DONE their JOB! Now it's our turn!
NO disrespect here nothumbleenough.....I've got a couple ideas....and I will give them to my BA when asked for them, if and when that happens....they would only be stupid ass kissn ideas in this forum by the tough guys...

There is NO plan B....on pretty good authority.....Here's an idea, I really don't see this contract starving nobody. If we could land a hundred new accounts nationwide this year, we would all be begging for more help, who would give a crap if it was a contractor taking up the slack....How about instead of wasting all this time whining about how bad we're gonna get it, what if we overwhelmingly voted it in, and gave them some video of folks busting it, doing it right the first time, being safe and conscientious, smiling at the boss and genuinely asking how his family is doing? We are so damn scared someone's gonna get over on us. Well, ABF is not a charitable organization, they gotta make money to pay for the MACHINE and make payroll. Is this a good contract, no it has it's drawbacks, but all the contracts I've ever voted on, the best ones, OH they were just TRASH! We are the RANK and FILE COMMITTEE. Your Union Leadership and OUR Company have negotiated for three months....They have DONE their JOB! Now it's our turn!
NO disrespect here nothumbleenough.....I've got a couple ideas....and I will give them to my BA when asked for them, if and when that happens....they would only be stupid ass kissn ideas in this forum by the tough guys...

Okay let’s give ABF everything it wants. Now let’s get those 100 new accounts. The ABf salesman goes to the new Customers and are told it's all about price, The nons are at 60% discounts ABF comes in at 65% the nons go in a 70% who gets that work, the nons the cost structure will always be cheaper at the nons. They can always reduce it when they want without a vote. So now will ABF come back for more to open the contract again? Yes now we give them another week of vacation time and 7% more. Do we give this to them every time the nons reduce cost. The IBT should have fixed the funds why not stop ABF from paying for people who never worked for ABF. You could have left wages along for 4 years with no increases and a 1.5% increase in the 5th year, with the work rule changes needed. Fixing the funds would give ABF a savings of 60 to 80 million a year for the people not working at ABF right off the bat. I am not a tough guy like you say I just see other ways of giving ABF relief without killing the horse that got you to the dance (Teamsters). One last question is it our fault there is no plan B, you always have a plan B.

Analysts are forecasting an increase in domestic production, because of the problems overseas. ABF didn't get all it wanted....the TA is what they settled on. EVERYONE agrees our company needs relief. What if we overwhelmingly, told the investment community and Mr. Welch that we just flat believe we at ABF can get it done, I promise you, it would create a different atmosphere. We don't want junk freight, and it's very obvious our management already knows how to get good paying freight. All the carriers are being more selective. If we did it better, and the economy did keep turning, they might re-open the contract and give that vacation back, or at least 5 days unpaid leave with benefits paid or something. The Non-Unions have gave their employees back most or all the cuts they lost in the recession....They didn't get to vote....I for one have no problem with the Teamster's, as I said, they did their job, but the dance is over, it's time to get on back to work on turning this outfit around.

Okay let’s give ABF everything it wants. Now let’s get those 100 new accounts. The ABf salesman goes to the new Customers and are told it's all about price, The nons are at 60% discounts ABF comes in at 65% the nons go in a 70% who gets that work, the nons the cost structure will always be cheaper at the nons. They can always reduce it when they want without a vote. So now will ABF come back for more to open the contract again? Yes now we give them another week of vacation time and 7% more. Do we give this to them every time the nons reduce cost. The IBT should have fixed the funds why not stop ABF from paying for people who never worked for ABF. You could have left wages along for 4 years with no increases and a 1.5% increase in the 5th year, with the work rule changes needed. Fixing the funds would give ABF a savings of 60 to 80 million a year for the people not working at ABF right off the bat. I am not a tough guy like you say I just see other ways of giving ABF relief without killing the horse that got you to the dance (Teamsters). One last question is it our fault there is no plan B, you always have a plan B.

Truxforever you are wasting your time. There are a few gloom and dooms here, and you are not going to change their minds. They believe the world is going to end if this terrible contract isn't passed. Guess what isn't going to end!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish they would just get over it. Everybody is tired of listening to all this crap. To them they are the only ones right and everybody else is wrong. God get over it. Vote what you want and live with it.... The only way this contract is going to pass is because of fear............... The more it goes on the fear will pass and the anger will take over and people will vote no just for spite.

Analysts are forecasting an increase in domestic production, because of the problems overseas. ABF didn't get all it wanted....the TA is what they settled on. EVERYONE agrees our company needs relief. What if we overwhelmingly, told the investment community and Mr. Welch that we just flat believe we at ABF can get it done, I promise you, it would create a different atmosphere. We don't want junk freight, and it's very obvious our management already knows how to get good paying freight. All the carriers are being more selective. If we did it better, and the economy did keep turning, they might re-open the contract and give that vacation back, or at least 5 days unpaid leave with benefits paid or something. The Non-Unions have gave their employees back most or all the cuts they lost in the recession....They didn't get to vote....I for one have no problem with the Teamster's, as I said, they did their job, but the dance is over, it's time to get on back to work on turning this outfit around.

If you want this company to turn around then it should start at the top. The company should lead by example, and that is not giving the top Executives raises and bonus's and expect the labor to take concessions.

Leading by Example - Leadership Training from MindTools.com

You deal in a lot of hypotheticals (what ifs) I live in reality guess what hypotheticals don’t paid the bills. You have to vote the way you feel, I for one am in no rush to vote on a bad deal. I work hard with all the house stops, inside delivery, U-packs and turnkeys we do. I get tired of all the waste I see ABF doing every day. ABF can save millions by cleanup operations off the top. Why do you think the sellout offer was not released until after the Tentative was out and not before? The meeting was in March it was supposed to be reported to the SEC within 4 days. The IBT was told in April why were we not told by either? They used this to try and get what they wanted from the IBT, if we don’t we will sell. This is all on the web as facts do your own research and vote what you must. Once sign they will only reopen it to ask for more concessions that you can believe.

Remember what the YRCF driver's voted in.
3 years later, even though showing NO reduction in debt, YRCW & investors offer to buy ABF for $481 million!
Same FEAR tactic! Different Company! Good Luck!

analysts are forecasting an increase in domestic production, because of the problems overseas. Abf didn't get all it wanted....the ta is what they settled on. Everyone agrees our company needs relief. What if we overwhelmingly, told the investment community and mr. Welch that we just flat believe we at abf can get it done, i promise you, it would create a different atmosphere. We don't want junk freight, and it's very obvious our management already knows how to get good paying freight. All the carriers are being more selective. If we did it better, and the economy did keep turning, they might re-open the contract and give that vacation back, or at least 5 days unpaid leave with benefits paid or something. The non-unions have gave their employees back most or all the cuts they lost in the recession....they didn't get to vote....i for one have no problem with the teamster's, as i said, they did their job, but the dance is over, it's time to get on back to work on turning this outfit around.
no company has ever reopened the contract to give the rank & file back anything ever !! In fact no company that has given concessions has survived or returned to it's previous worker standards !! Question why do raises come in 2% increases & concessions come in 7%,10% or 15% ?

Remember what the YRCF driver's voted in.
3 years later, even though showing NO reduction in debt, YRCW & investors offer to buy ABF for $481 million!
Same FEAR tactic! Different Company! Good Luck!

In the upper echelon of high finance and leveraged buyouts it's cool to just pay the interest if rates remain low. like the Obama $13T debt is financed at .09%. If interest rates skyrocket and sooner or later they will the house of cards falls and we have another financial crises. And as you may know that .09% Fed rate is the main reason our pension funds are trouble