Yellow | The merger begins

Unfortunately the industry would be better off without them.
No pricing discipline, getting $700 MILLION in corporate welfare created an unfair playing field for other carriers.
Having to fight the federal government in a scandal
Operating old tired equipment
Driving down wages
There is a host of reasons that the industry will be better off
My guess is in a few years we will start to see the first wave of autonomous trucks. Yellow may be well behind everyone else when that begins. Thus further behind the better managed companies. Without the capital to do that they will be too far behind others...
The time has come....
So your saying 30,000 employees of Yeller would be better off if Yeller just closed? I understand frustration but after hearing that gate close & a chain & lock going on for the last time 3 times I know for a fact nobody will be jumping for joy. As for dragging down other carriers that's a load of :horseshit:Puffy you just hate unions & would love to gloat if Yeller went down but families depend on the jobs of those who work there. May what they face never happen to you or your family.

Last edited:
So your saying 30,000 employees of Yeller would be better off if Yeller just closed? I understand frustration but after hearing that gate close & a chain & lock going on 3 times I know for a fact nobody will be jumping for joy. As for dragging down other carriers that's a load of :horseshit:

So your saying 30,000 employees of Yeller would be better off if Yeller just closed? I understand frustration but after hearing that gate close & a chain & lock going on 3 times I know for a fact nobody will be jumping for joy. As for dragging down other carriers that's a load of :horseshit:
Can you imagine the stress it would put on families? Especially with this looming recession that is coming. Mortgage rates have doubled since January. It's not looking pretty out there. Without sounding facetious " YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU GOT TILL IT'S GONE"

And ps if or when you go to retire, and want to know what your going to receive a month! The true amount, better tell them you worked for a distressed employer for 15 yrs!!
I just cannot give you a "pass", on the nonsense you are posting. You understand that when your pension benefit is determined, the MEPF that is liable for your pension ALREADY knows who your employers were. "better tell them you worked for a distressed employer for 15 yrs!!" I have NO idea where you are getting 15 years from. 2009 is when the pension contributions were suspended. That's 13 years ago. At least in the basic arithmetic I learned in grammar school.

I’m hoping for 102.53 monthly check, which will be 96.45 after taxes.
After all I am in the 15% bracket.
Haul it on doubles and triples and 53's.
All 13'6" and 102's.

Don't expect any longer, stacked,or doubled or tripled money though.

A long time ago people in our boat understood that.

40 years of ripoff mentality.

Last edited:
So your saying 30,000 employees of Yeller would be better off if Yeller just closed? I understand frustration but after hearing that gate close & a chain & lock going on for the last time 3 times I know for a fact nobody will be jumping for joy. As for dragging down other carriers that's a load of :horseshit:Puffy you just hate unions & would love to gloat if Yeller went down but families depend on the jobs of those who work there. May what they face never happen to you or your family.
What he is saying is simple economics. Companies that cannot compete in the marketplace must be allowed to fail. That freight hauled by Yellow will not disappear. It will still travel on trucks that require drivers in the seats, workers on the docks, mechanics in the shops and people in the offices. Companies always right size to handle the workload. Economies only grow when government gets out of the way and lets the market work.
The government bailed out General Motors and Chrysler. That was wrong. Properly managed companies would have filled the void and produced enough cars to meet demand. They would have hired enough people to meet the challenge.

What he is saying is simple economics. Companies that cannot compete in the marketplace must be allowed to fail. That freight hauled by Yellow will not disappear. It will still travel on trucks that require drivers in the seats, workers on the docks, mechanics in the shops and people in the offices. Companies always right size to handle the workload. Economies only grow when government gets out of the way and lets the market work.
The government bailed out General Motors and Chrysler. That was wrong. Properly managed companies would have filled the void and produced enough cars to meet demand. They would have hired enough people to meet the challenge.
However, one idiot that buys up multiple profitable companies, then tries to run them in ground just because they are represented by a Union should be held accountable as well as his partners in crime. All of the companies bought up by Zollars including Yellow were doing just fine before he went on his buying spree with money he nor Yellow had. There is a special place for heartless thugs like him that have no problem ruining the lives of thousands of people for his own personal gain or agenda.