Yellow | The merger begins

Lol you give truck drivers a bad name! Show me where they pulled out of the class18 pension!!! No they can’t! Lol that .25 percent that comes out your contract dose nothing for you! You accrual nothing! It keeps yellow active as a distressed employer! And they are obligated to repay the funding in full! Or you would retire with. Class 6 or less pension!
Keep dreaming....... Yellow, Roadway, Holland, New Penn and Reddaway collectively now known as Yellow are NOT under any obligation to "repay" any money to any MEPF. The Federal government is responsible for regulation and enforcement. A reasonable person would question WHY no legal action was taken, EVER.
Additionally, I am under NO obligation to do YOUR research. You need to post links to support your absurd allegations. Take all the time you need. I will not "hold my breath".
I took a significant reduction in my pension benefits. But I am not delusional, I will not receive any benefit adjustments. And neither should you expect anything different.
We voted to accept, not only pension contribution reductions. But reductions in BOTH earned vacation time AND vacation pay. You're not getting ANY of that money back, either.

Keep dreaming....... Yellow, Roadway, Holland, New Penn and Reddaway collectively now known as Yellow are NOT under any obligation to "repay" any money to any MEPF. The Federal government is responsible for regulation and enforcement. A reasonable person would question WHY no legal action was taken, EVER.
Additionally, I am under NO obligation to do YOUR research. You need to post links to support your absurd allegations. Take all the time you need. I will not "hold my breath".
I took a significant reduction in my pension benefits. But I am not delusional, I will not receive any benefit adjustments. And neither should you expect anything different.
We voted to accept, not only pension contribution reductions. But reductions in BOTH earned vacation time AND vacation pay. You're not getting ANY of that money back, either.
Your lack of comprehension on why Yellow can and will be held Liable for the funds insolvency due to them unilaterally under funding said obligations is not anyone on this forums problem but yours. Who do you think will make up for those contributions that Yellow shorted the fund with ? ABF?? With hundreds of new Yellow retirees drawing from the funds in the next 5 years this will become a problem for the fund and Yellow corp.

Your lack of comprehension on why Yellow can and will be held Liable for the funds insolvency due to them unilaterally under funding said obligations is not anyone on this forums problem but yours. Who do you think will make up for those contributions that Yellow shorted the fund with ? ABF?? With hundreds of new Yellow retirees drawing from the funds in the next 5 years this will become a problem for the fund and Yellow corp.
NOBODY is going to "make up those contributions". That is why you, along with every other current or former Yellow Corp Teamster, will have the anticipated monthly benefit reduced.
You have several options to correct the reduction. But whining about it here is NOT one of them.

YRC’s total debt levels are pushing $3 billion. Included in that are about $1.3 billion in underfunded pension obligations.

OK...HERE'S THE FACTS!

CENTRAL STATES PENSION FUND AND AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT

Youtube GIF by Shane Dawson

And your point is? Yellow is obligated to the fund! The government is not reducing yellow obligations! And I sure the government will come after yellow for money owed! All that did is make the fund solve it for a few more years!

And your point is? Yellow is obligated to the fund! The government is not reducing yellow obligations! And I sure the government will come after yellow for money owed! All that did is make the fund solve it for a few more years!
And ps if or when you go to retire, and want to know what your going to receive a month! The true amount, better tell them you worked for a distressed employer for 15 yrs!!

Not true....in your MOUs yellow people agreed to take the lesser amount and the funds agreed, except for Western Teamsters and that is why those folks got a 401k....show me a link that states otherwise.....
A little off there Yellow employees voted for the lesser amount including Western States participants. Western States Pension Fund refused to accept anything less than 100%. This forced the 25% to be placed in a 401k by the company! We all know the crooks at Central States will take everything you have and they happily took the 25%

A little off there Yellow employees voted for the lesser amount including Western States participants. Western States Pension Fund refused to accept anything less than 100%. This forced the 25% to be placed in a 401k by the company! We all know the crooks at Central States will take everything you have and they happily took the 25%
Not to argue with you, but isn't that what I said? I mean other than I called them western teamsters instead of western states...

How many lives would be disrupted or destroyed by Yellow shutting their doors? They may not be getting the current standard for an hourly rate, but what other freight companies pay their employees pension and healthcare other than ABF? There are still freight companies out there that do not pay overtime until after 45 hours a week and some are even 50 hours a week. The employees that work at the Yellow companies do so for their own reasons. You, wishing the demise of Yellow tells me that you have a personal dislike for Yellow and wish them to go under no matter who it might affect in a negative way.
Unfortunately the industry would be better off without them.
No pricing discipline, getting $700 MILLION in corporate welfare created an unfair playing field for other carriers.
Having to fight the federal government in a scandal
Operating old tired equipment
Driving down wages
There is a host of reasons that the industry will be better off
My guess is in a few years we will start to see the first wave of autonomous trucks. Yellow may be well behind everyone else when that begins. Thus further behind the better managed companies. Without the capital to do that they will be too far behind others...
The time has come....

I am guessing too, that his pension is $102.00 a month?
And it ain't stacked or doubled or tripled either
Thank you to the great upper eschelon of investors and Execs at Yellow.
Stack it and pull more for them.
Get nothing in return.
Lucky we got a job.
Best job we ever had.
The big Yellow wrecking ball.

Hello and welcome to our meeting of freightwreckers and money losers anonymous.
My name is DH.
and I am a freightwrecker.
My name is DHand I am also a money loser and thief .I also have a habit of telling people freight will be there by a certain date knowing that it will be 3 weeks late.
Although I am a regular member here, I must be honest and say I slip at least twice/hour.
It's a serious problem.
Can anybody help me....
Thanks for sharing DH
You've come to the right place.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the industry would be better off without them.
No pricing discipline, getting $700 MILLION in corporate welfare created an unfair playing field for other carriers.
Having to fight the federal government in a scandal
Operating old tired equipment
Driving down wages
There is a host of reasons that the industry will be better off
My guess is in a few years we will start to see the first wave of autonomous trucks. Yellow may be well behind everyone else when that begins. Thus further behind the better managed companies. Without the capital to do that they will be too far behind others...
The time has come....
In Scranton we don't have old tired equipment. I drive a 2021 Volvo, only 24,351 miles on it