Yellow | The merger begins

Not true....in your MOUs yellow people agreed to take the lesser amount and the funds agreed, except for Western Teamsters and that is why those folks got a 401k....show me a link that states otherwise.....
Not true ,yes they did agree to that! But they still owe the pension fund in full ! Dude it was on freight waves it’s well known you look it up! Yellow is a Distressed employer

Not true ,yes they did agree to that! But they still owe the pension fund in full ! Dude it was on freight waves it’s well known you look it up! Yellow is a Distressed employer
If that were true, there would be no reduction in pension benefits. The ERISA law is very clear, and it applies to both pension and H&W funds. It is not the responsibility of the employer to pay. It is the responsibility of the fund, and the union, to collect.

If that were true, there would be no reduction in pension benefits. The ERISA law is very clear, and it applies to both pension and H&W funds. It is not the responsibility of the employer to pay. It is the responsibility of the fund, and the union, to collect.
If you retire with what yellow is paying into the fund you would be like a class 6 pension!!! Not a class 18

Official **** storm starts today. The merger in the West begins today. All new routes and runs. Hope it works out because there’s a lot of sacrifice happening to make it work. Strap in…
What did you end up with on the new combined roster ? Was there any new runs you could have bid on? My friends in the city took a pretty good Haircut on the bid. They were able to hold start times but I am sure that won’t last through the next 2 COOPS.

You’re absolutely right. Never drove 102’s until Yellow got control of us. I believe New Penn had two or three 102 barn doors for a few special customers
We had 48' trailers with tracks to hook straps into..
I don't know if that's why they called them E-Track trailers.
Maybe that's why.
Not many.
And we had a few 13'6" x 48x 96.

The rest were the right trailer for the job.
All of them.

We had 48' trailers with tracks to hook straps into..
I don't know if that's why they called them E-Track trailers.
Maybe that's why.
Not many.
And we had a few 13'6" x 48x 96.

The rest were the right trailer for the job.
All of them.
We still have a couple E-track 13'6" 45's. They were used for hanging garments from dress factories, but they're all parking lots today. We use them for storage.

rear-view-mirror-835085_1280.jpg

2009 sunset

Exactly. Yellow is paying the agreed upon contractual rate. They don't owe any more than that.
Yes but not what the fund requires! It would cost them 10 billion to pull out! Like ups Kroger and others! Lol you people are brain dead! Why do you think there a distress employer considered by the pension fund

Not true....in your MOUs yellow people agreed to take the lesser amount and the funds agreed, except for Western Teamsters and that is why those folks got a 401k....show me a link that states otherwise.....
Blackjack21 appears to me to be among the "Labor Law Attorneys" who populate TB, with their opinions (read as FANTASY). Replacing indisputable facts.

Blackjack21 appears to me to be among the "Labor Law Attorneys" who populate TB, with their opinions (read as FANTASY). Replacing indisputable facts.
Lol you give truck drivers a bad name! Show me where they pulled out of the class18 pension!!! No they can’t! Lol that .25 percent that comes out your contract dose nothing for you! You accrual nothing! It keeps yellow active as a distressed employer! And they are obligated to repay the funding in full! Or you would retire with. Class 6 or less pension!

Call your hall and ask them what class pension you are under! Lol class18 than yellow is Delinquent to the tune of 1.8 billion

Call your hall and ask them what class pension you are under! Lol class18 than yellow is Delinquent to the tune of 1.8 billion
Just because YRC negotiated a contract lowering contributions to its members pensions does not change the funding liabilities it has to this type of multi employer plan. As others have already mentioned, Yellow would need to completely buy out of the plan as UPS did to change any of the liability. The plan does not allow for incrementally lowering of an employers liability.

Just because YRC negotiated a contract lowering contributions to its members pensions does not change the funding liabilities it has to this type of multi employer plan. As others have already mentioned, Yellow would need to completely buy out of the plan as UPS did to change any of the liability. The plan does not allow for incrementally lowering of an employers liability.
Wow you speak the truth!

And how many lives have been destroyed? Just so yellow can be a cut rate company? Let’s go back to the 80’s ICL opps they filed bankruptcy before that! Preston, well lucky for saia that they had sell to avoid another bankruptcy! Jevic, then they ruined the lives of roadway, and her companies, new penn, reimer, then all the usf companies! By being a dysfunctional company that can’t pay scale and pulled out of the pension fund! Thousand have lost billions of dollars, ya thanks yellow, the cancer of the industry! Can’t wait for there bankruptcy! Everyone will be better off!
How many lives would be disrupted or destroyed by Yellow shutting their doors? They may not be getting the current standard for an hourly rate, but what other freight companies pay their employees pension and healthcare other than ABF? There are still freight companies out there that do not pay overtime until after 45 hours a week and some are even 50 hours a week. The employees that work at the Yellow companies do so for their own reasons. You, wishing the demise of Yellow tells me that you have a personal dislike for Yellow and wish them to go under no matter who it might affect in a negative way.