Yellow | The official I have transferred thread

Of the ones that came in, yes, they kept their seniority. We still have 22 laid off any idea as to when they get called back???? ANYONE?:popcorn:

I don't know when they will be called back, but my brother who works at 309 said that they called back all of their guys that were laid off last week, all 24 of them. Everyone around me on the xb at Chicago Ridge has been sitting for the last 10 or so days tho.

I don't know when they will be called back, but my brother who works at 309 said that they called back all of their guys that were laid off last week, all 24 of them. Everyone around me on the xb at Chicago Ridge has been sitting for the last 10 or so days tho.

Dave, when I bid 2 Chicago 2 days ago, I asked how many was laid off in Chicago combined, they said 40...

You say everyone was called back last week...24 @ 309....

So how many are still laid off @ 301 ?

There's are four terminals that make up Chicago, I'm I wrong on that ?

If everyone has been sitting around @ 301 for the last ten days, looks to me like someone would have been laid off...

What I'm trying to say is, you confuse me:duh:

Dave, when I bid 2 Chicago 2 days ago, I asked how many was laid off in Chicago combined, they said 40...

If everyone has been sitting around @ 301 for the last ten days, looks to me like someone would have been laid off...

OK Gwhiz here is the story as I know it, we have 24 laid off at 301, there are 4 terminals for Chicago, Chicago Heights, Chicago RIdge, Wheeling, and Elmhurst. It seems that while we are sitting at Chicago Ridge, my brother who works at 309 says they have been busier than a one armed paperhanger in Chicago Heights, and were calling their laid off people so often that they just called them all back permanantley last week, I got in from my last trip last Wednesday nightthe 11th and have been sitting ever since, the guy above me got in from his last trip on the 6th and has been sitting since then. I heard that there were 3 more laid off at 301 on the 13th, but I don't know for sure. I have heard from one of the stewards tha a lot of our customers don't like one company or the other, so we are losing some customers to other carriers, and that the Company is trying some of the new and upcoming routes, and that it is just the normal slowdown before a COO, I don't how much if any is true, but that is what I heard from the horses mouth. The Company wouldn't lie about how many are, or were laid off would they? Good luck on your move to our terminal.

OK Gwhiz here is the story as I know it, we have 24 laid off at 301, there are 4 terminals for Chicago, Chicago Heights, Chicago RIdge, Wheeling, and Elmhurst. It seems that while we are sitting at Chicago Ridge, my brother who works at 309 says they have been busier than a one armed paperhanger in Chicago Heights, and were calling their laid off people so often that they just called them all back permanantley last week, I got in from my last trip last Wednesday night the 11th and have been sitting ever since, the guy above me got in from his last trip on the 6th and has been sitting since then. I heard that there were 3 more laid off at 301 on the 13th, but I don't know for sure. I have heard from one of the stewards tha a lot of our customers don't like one company or the other, so we are losing some customers to other carriers, and that the Company is trying some of the new and upcoming routes, and that it is just the normal slowdown before a COO, I don't how much if any is true, but that is what I heard from the horses mouth. The Company wouldn't lie about how many are, or were laid off would they? Good luck on your move to our terminal.

OK Gwhiz here is the story as I know it, we have 24 laid off at 301, there are 4 terminals for Chicago, Chicago Heights, Chicago RIdge, Wheeling, and Elmhurst. It seems that while we are sitting at Chicago Ridge, my brother who works at 309 says they have been busier than a one armed paperhanger in Chicago Heights, and were calling their laid off people so often that they just called them all back permanantley last week, I got in from my last trip last Wednesday nightthe 11th and have been sitting ever since, the guy above me got in from his last trip on the 6th and has been sitting since then. I heard that there were 3 more laid off at 301 on the 13th, but I don't know for sure. I have heard from one of the stewards tha a lot of our customers don't like one company or the other, so we are losing some customers to other carriers, and that the Company is trying some of the new and upcoming routes, and that it is just the normal slowdown before a COO, I don't how much if any is true, but that is what I heard from the horses mouth. The Company wouldn't lie about how many are, or were laid off would they? Good luck on your move to our terminal.

Ok , now that makes better sense, first you said the 24 was called back @ 309, now you say they are laid off " (we have 24 laid off at 301)"

The company said 40 combined, and must have not told the truth, but I'm sure you have:popcorn:

Now of course the freight guy at 710, tells me 12

I'm getting the big picture:duh:

Ok , now that makes better sense, first you said the 24 was called back @ 309, now you say they are laid off " (we have 24 laid off at 301)"

The company said 40 combined, and must have not told the truth, but I'm sure you have:popcorn:

Now of course the freight guy at 710, tells me 12

I'm getting the big picture:duh:

GWhiz, according to the SOM I talked to this AM, ALL CHicago Ridge drivers have been called back, so there are none laid off.

GWhiz, I've been trying to figure it out for a little over 3 years now, haven't done it yet, if you get it figured out please let me know.

moving to Ca.

i am going from milwaukee wi 313 to bloomington Ca. hope and pray to get my last 15 years in there and never have to wear 20 pounds of winter gear to stay warm!! lmao

I have officially transferred by lazy body(havent worked for two months now) out of bed this morning, it's 10 degrees here, boy or boy I can't hardly wait for for next saturday morning to come.:duh:

I'll wake up to sunshine and min-skirts in beautiful downtown chicago:biglaugh:

Though I'll have the luxury of home away from home in the prestige gites and lovely bridge-view inn, breakfast in bed, massages from the good looking and exciting house maids:popcorn:

I sure would settle for finding a run down place with a private bath where I could do a little cooking when I get in from getting the daylights scared out of me riding these sleepers, if I even make that board.:bowdown:

Maybe the Lord will intervene and someone who doesn't smoke and only chases cars with his four wheeler when he's on his personal time off will step up and ask me to ride sleeper with him ?

12/21/2008 was last man to bid. Also was the last man listed on the bid.
A-hem, either I got 1 extra day or you read wrong.
My bid date, thanks to transfer to avoid layoff was 12/22/08. And yes I got to bid.
I'll be going to Abilene, TX (ABX) from Shreveport, LA. (SVT)
So all bidders had the opportunity to bid, hold, or pass.

I've Been told by my new TM that he has barely enough work for the guys he has. Their road driver had to bid (into DAL) because they eliminated the road position in ABX.
1 new UE (from somewhere NC) will be running to DAL nightly.

Had another bidder out of SVT going to St. Paul. He was told that he'd be layoff as soon as he clocks in.

Lucky for me I kept my family in DET when I moved to TXR last July. As soon as I get better settled I'll have them join me. Michigan is in such a crapper. Layoff in TXR got me to SVT and COO got me to ABX. All in 9 months. This Yellow period of my life has been un-describable. I seem to be getting very close to Roswell, NM.... hmmmmmm

I have met a lot of good Brothers. Some of you really crack me up. It's all good.

I hope all will post their new duds story. I'll be sure to update mine after I punch the clock on 3/2/09.

My bid date, thanks to transfer to avoid layoff was 12/22/08.
So all bidders had the opportunity to bid, hold, or pass.

I've Been told by my new TM that he has barely enough work for the guys he has.

Had another bidder out of SVT going to St. Paul. He was told that he'd be layoff as soon as he clocks in.

Bidding into a layoff situation goes against the IBT decision for the COO:popcorn:

pretty much the whole barn [dock, road ans switchers] from 671 winston roadway headed to charlotte [yellow] senority starts at about 15 years , 15-18 yrs at 671 layed off . top senority for dock is about34 years i think