Yellow | The Rumor Mill -1/1/2008

The never-ending acquisition!!!:chairshot:

As the world turns, sounds just like this season rumor soaps have renewed. :smilie_132:

The part I didn't like was where it said YRC has obtained signifigant concessions in the recent union negotiations.

Hell as cheap as the stock is right now ,we could buy the company and would not have to worry about a contract ,because I'm sure that the way it is being run right now that we could run it much more efficently than it is being run right now and we could write our own contract.

:biglaugh:Right on target Buf,The Roadway term that moved into our barn never made money for the 15 years it had been in the area. Once they got rid of thier management the terminal went to making money. It did so good that they had to put it under a manager from another terminal so it could start loosing again:nutkick:

I have to agree though it does seem that YRC is ripe for the picking all that m=needs to be done now is to tie up the labor agreements and all systems will be a go for a buyout.

Hell as cheap as the stock is right now ,we could buy the company and would not have to worry about a contract ,because I'm sure that the way it is being run right now that we could run it much more efficently than it is being run right now and we could write our own contract.

yellow stock are 12dollars right now and i would like to see us buy it but who,s got the money.

Is there anyone here that remembers when it dipped to $9.00 per share back in the mid-90's?......It will come back......KK

The biggest difference back then was that it was a MUCH smaller entity with MUCH less debt. They were both during crappy economies, but you cannot underestimate the debt load that YRCW has taken on.

Plus the biggest gains they have seen over the past 5-10 years have all been after aquisitions. There is no one they can buy right now to bail them out.

As far as them being bought by DHL, if you were a share holder and was not happy with $30-$40 a share back a few months ago, you sure would not be happy with $15-$20 per share now.

Remember the most simple business strategy, but low - sell high. You could never sell this low, these investors would be losing their shirts.

With all that being said, lets watch them get sold next week for $12.00 a share.:biglaugh:

You notice the guys on the top aren't worried. They keep buying companies and getting their pay raises. The trick now, is to get enough teamsters to vote down the contract if its truly substandard. This is the only company I have ever seen, that seemed to do everything in its power to devalue itself. In the real world, Executive Officers don't go to the press every month or two and say how crappy their company is, unless they want it devalued. They don't dump a fortune into equipment for a strategic business unit, then at the end of the year advertise they screwed up and paid to much for it, so they are going to take a write down. A company experiencing financial difficulty, doesn't keep borrowing to expand into foreign markets, they enact a retrenching strategy to resolidify their financial base.