Yellow | The Rumor Mill -1/1/2008

You notice the guys on the top aren't worried.

Sure they are. Zollars is on the Biz Channel every other day talking down the economy....he's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I'm betting everyone in the Home Office is scared to death. The "Bonues" and "Golden Parachutes" are probably structured in stock options, not cash.

Sure they are. Zollars is on the Biz Channel every other day talking down the economy....he's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I'm betting everyone in the Home Office is scared to death.

I think your right for the most part. Fact is people get comfortable and do not like change by its very nature. Plus most are more then likely living higher then their means and would be hard pressed to be out of their current jobs. At the same time, I think Zollars could go several places where he has friends in high places that would take care of him just fine and he is good at what he does too, PR.

yrc is hurting. Its bad times in trucking now. With fuel going up and being an election year it is going to be an uphill struggle till may or June.

I'm betting everyone in the Home Office is scared to death. The "Bonues" and "Golden Parachutes" are probably structured in stock options, not cash.

Normally, parachutes are structured in real dollars and benefits. This leaves the departing execs free and clear of any direct financial ties to what happens when the axe starts swinging.

Guys - High fuel prices do not hurt the trucking industry, it helps us. The fuel surcharge that customers pay is one of the biggest profit centers in all of econimics.

You guys should know better than that.

the trucking companies are using the economy to threaten us in to accepting a substandard contract that will strip away alot of the things that our dads fought for. These companies are making money. don't let them take it away from us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the trucking companies are using the economy to threaten us in to accepting a substandard contract that will strip away alot of the things that our dads fought for. These companies are making money. don't let them take it away from us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You said a lot in that post and I agree with it all and so did Fotf.

i do not work for the union but i agree completely,looking at it from the outside they are going to try and take as much away from you as you will let.Hold your ground.

The economy is horrible and probably will be for another 6 quarters working thru an election year, poor housing starts, etc...What we need Yellow to do is start selling off some of these terminals we don't need. Why do we need a Yellow. Roadway, Best Way, Holland, etc terminal all in the same time? Fix that and that in would right the big ship

The economy is horrible and probably will be for another 6 quarters working thru an election year, poor housing starts, etc...What we need Yellow to do is start selling off some of these terminals we don't need. Why do we need a Yellow. Roadway, Best Way, Holland, etc terminal all in the same time? Fix that and that in would right the big ship

I believe this is being done in a lot of locations already. Roadway and Yellow have merged terminals in a lot of places already and Holland is also in some of Roadway terminals. Takes time.

and when a building is emptied and put up for sale somebody has to want to buy it.OD has bought or rented a few of them and had to some serious repairs to make useable.broken dock plates ,bad doors ar leaking roof or maybe a bad lot.i hope yellow or roadway sents us some more buildings we can use so we can take some more share of the pie.

and when a building is emptied and put up for sale somebody has to want to buy it.OD has bought or rented a few of them and had to some serious repairs to make useable.broken dock plates ,bad doors ar leaking roof or maybe a bad lot.i hope yellow or roadway sents us some more buildings we can use so we can take some more share of the pie.
When you work on the cheep you can afford to fix the stuff yourself :tongue0002: just not sure why you would enjoy our pain. Must be your momma did'nt like you:hysterical:

don't get me wrong i don't think it is a good thing that it is happening.there is nothing the average employee of any company can do to stop a change made by corporate.the employees of yellow ,roadway,usf or new penn are in for a very rough road ahead and have the choice to stay and hope it changes or bail for more stable waters.but i will tell you this wolf your attitude needs work.

don't get me wrong i don't think it is a good thing that it is happening.there is nothing the average employee of any company can do to stop a change made by corporate.the employees of yellow ,roadway,usf or new penn are in for a very rough road ahead and have the choice to stay and hope it changes or bail for more stable waters.but i will tell you this wolf your attitude needs work.

You think we are in for a very rough road? What are your wages based on? Try the union wages. What are your bennies and work rules based on? Ours. If you think we are in for a rough road ahead it will be the same for EVERYONE in this industry.

Let me see if I can get this right. You come on a union board and complain about the places you have gotten from yrc and then make comments about eating our lunch. And I need to work on my attitude. :hysterical: You got just what you were hoping, to pis off a Teamster, my guess to make you feel like a bigger man. Well it worked are you real happy now? It was a small price to pay on my part to make you feel superior and your welcome. This will be the last time you will get a response cuz I will play your game no longer, I'm completely happy with my attitude and at peace with my lot in life, someday you may be able to say the same. :smilie_132: