Yellow | The Senior guys don't love us

mud_cat

TB Lurker
Credits
osama-bin-laden-truck-drive-tsa-tennessee-tva-highway-sad-hill-news2.jpg

I will try not to name call or point fingers on this thread because a great number of us suffer from this:

My question to you guys is why? Why would Senior guys complain to management about not getting enough over time and why would management oblige them and expect me to come in, bust my ass, and not talk to anyone for 4hrs twice a week? We have pulled records at 402 and seen where management sent guys on layoff home and then gave 6 punchers 5.5 hrs ot on the same shift. They could have worked us 4hrs that morning and then called us for 4hrs that afternoon but they didn't. My layoff letter says lack of work available. Where is the lack of work when you work 15 people 5.5hrs ot every day with 6 and 7 punchers getting in on the feeding frenzy? Now who do I blame for my anger, the Senior guy that complains to management openly on their ot being cut because they call in layoff guys? Or do I blame management who works us 4hrs and expect miracles while bid guys sit in the break room or hold up the isles and continuously div out overtime to guys wanting new Harley's and F350s? I just want to pay my mortgage and have food for my family and my brothers that want me to vote for them come election times wont stand with me and help make that happen. They cut my throat every chance they get.

Greed has no boundries. There was a time when senior "men"(today its senior mee-sters, majority anyways)would band together to make sure that the most amount of fellow members would get their time in.
Today they'd flush you down the toilet and let you lose your home so as not to drive their 3 year old pickup truck 1 extra month!
Our throwaway society unfortunately now includes our "union" brothers.
The onion of today should enforce through stern measures that the 10 hour work rule is strickly enforced until things get better and not just for senior employees.
A butt kisser is a tough cookie to crumble sometimes but it most certainly can be done.

I quit with 20 years of senoirity,don't regret it for a minute.The a#$ kissers would come in the back door and get dispatches without regard to senoirity,then scream bloody murder because the vacation board was full because senoir guys are taking the best times.Management would cry when I won grievances because I wasn't offered the overtime that was given to the junior a&% kissers.I refused to play that game as I was always well thought of by customers and those I worked with.I understand the greed to a point as we all have obligations,BUT do you honesty think a company can stay in business when management refuses to go by the rules that benefit the company.Too much about who's my buddy and not enough about trying to operate profitably.

Carrion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They're all feasting on the carrion. The board of directors with their 50% compensation increase (awarded to themselves), the new CFO gets 1.2million the first year, and when it comes to overtime, the senior men gobble like Linda Lovelace. It's got nothing to do with love or hate, it's a feeding frenzy.

Wow, there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. You must be a real old timer!! :smile:

Originally he had Xaviera Hollander before the edit!
I think her family owned USF Hollander before it got under the yrc golden shower umbrella!

Originally he had Xaviera Hollander before the edit!
I think her family owned USF Hollander before it got under the yrc golden shower umbrella!

Wow, more evidence of a misspent youth!! :clapping:

Anyone for Marilyn Chambers?? :stirthepot:

PS - That "Green Door" wasn't leading to an ABF tractor was it?? :biglaugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Blame all the "yes" voters :/ 4 hour shifts wouldn't even exist.
Also blame all the ones that didn't vote at all. Just look at the turnout at the latest election. Most of those that didn't vote will never admit it. I don't know how they look at themselves in the mirror.

Wow, more evidence of a misspent youth!! :clapping:

Anyone for Marilyn Chambers?? :stirthepot:

PS - That "Green Door" wasn't leading to an ABF tractor was it?? :biglaugh:

Ok buddy, knock off the making fun of the author of, "The Happy Hooker" on the ny times best seller list!!!:biglaugh:

PS: I'm waiting for KK to chime in about his days of chain drives and solid rubber tires!
Heard rumor too that he has an autographed copy of said book in his home safe!

Referring to the original post: Seems that on the last give back, lower seniority employees were overheard saying "only have 2 weeks vacation anyway, won't effect me"
Not that I agree with an a$$hole working all the overtime he can to make up a give back that he voted for but I can understand sour grapes.

I worked with guys who drove solid rubber tires and chain drives. They would have to oil the chain as they went down the road. They were great drivers, they could back up doubles. Rear boxes were pull trailers when they started, so they learned to back it in rather then break it and push it in with the front of the tractor. They considered it bad form to use chains and binders. When I started I got on the wrong side of the TM and was assigned tractor #1 "The Grey Ghost", a COE Peterbilt, to punish me. It had a brownie transmission, which is a twin stick 4 and 4, if you screwed up you had to pound on the linkage to free it up. Anyway, the joke was on the TM because I loved driving that tractor, it was a great horse, I drove it till I left to go to work for Roadway. The name of my first tractor at Roadway was "Rusty". The floor mat blocked a view of the road. When I was pulling doubles with Rusty, I was on the Road and in the Way.
Ok buddy, knock off the making fun of the author of, "The Happy Hooker" on the ny times best seller list!!!:biglaugh:

PS: I'm waiting for KK to chime in about his days of chain drives and solid rubber tires!
Heard rumor too that he has an autographed copy of said book in his home safe!