Yellow | The Truth Is.

Just out of curiosity Driverbob, what do you find moronic about Triplex's post?

His comparison to married life or any comparison to anything other then this situation is apples to oranges. Being retired and telling the very brothers that want to and cannot to get a grip on LIFE is just wrong...

If you retire and start getting your pension at the same age I did then I'd gladly help you out. Fair deal?

Obviously, I do not expect you to donate to my cause, Trip. I just wanted to point out the wide gap in one's opinion , depending on what side of the retirement fence someone sits on. All you old fogeys oops....... retirees who put in your time and got your moolah before the game changed, good for you.

Obviously, I do not expect you to donate to my cause, Trip. I just wanted to point out the wide gap in one's opinion , depending on what side of the retirement fence someone sits on. All you old fogeys oops....... retirees who put in your time and got your moolah before the game changed, good for you.

The game changes all the time. It already bit this old fogey one time with a big price jump for healthcare. I believe all Triplex is saying (Driverbob) is expect it and plan for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well stated. The handwriting was on the wall more than 20 years ago. The late 80s and early 90s saw the balance of union versus non union LTL carriers shift to non's. With the obvious consequences. That would have been the time to address the funding issues. However we just kept whistling in the graveyard hoping this would somehow work itself out.
I'm stuck between where Triplex is (retired) and scrabble is (too young). But constant bemoaning our fate WON"T fix it!

Makes me wonder where all of the lawyers on retainer the union keeps on the payroll were the last 20 years also. Thought they were always asking, "what if this happens, or that happens'? 25 and out at any age? 30 and out at any age? 75 percent union LTL 25 years ago. now 15 percent union, 85 percent non. Do you think the pension fund $$$ will last forever?

I feel its more a question of the same old rhetoric...The job 20-25 years ago offered top wages and bennies.Now you have a carrier(yrc) paying enormous wages and stock options to senior management and bod members,while the labor(union and non-union) continually get pay cuts and loss of benefits.IBT says we're part owners (stock?). Company says we're on the right path,yet continues to cut wages and benefits.Be glad you still have a job....lol

Actually someone or the entire entity of the CSPF should be investigated on fraud charges and not exclude other penalties involved in this criminal activity.not to exclude other retirement holdings in the Teamster plan.The people running this plan were and are entrusted in something promised to us for our hard work.
First thing I remembered that the CS plan lost a ton of money.Was before the merge of these two major ltl companies.So they blamed this loss on a bad money management company (really).then another one was hired.Which happened to fair much better.Over the course of up and down years prior to 2008.When our economy came out of a recession.Not one but two recessions.Or so we were told.I believe that was the time in or around that year.That UPS decided to skeedattle out of that pension fund.We were told indirectly that UPS had paid upteenth billion of dollars to exit.We kind of sorta.Because you and others may not know.That UPS financed their departure for a determined amount of years.Not to mention the cash outlay at first they paid.Nobody seems to know exactly what happened to part of that down payment by UPS.This was ok'd by our IBT leaders.Since the last recession ended in and around 2008.The stock market has really faired really well on the percentages from then to now.Even with YRCW not fully paying into that pension fund.There should not be any less money in our pension accounts.Even if you take away the "ORPHANS".there still should be a positive cashflow in those funds.Plus if we take in consideration the mortality rate of our brothers and sisters that have passed already.Even when we consider the retirees that had a way lesser amount of a retirement check prior to the mid 1990s when the union increased the pay outs.Some things just dont match up quite right.Please correct me where im wrong.Plus I didnt add any factual numbers for viewing.So in a capsule thats what ive learned

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Oh boo hoo, someone promised me something that I won't get. That's called life. Get over it, conditions sometimes change. Couples who get married make a promise to each other "...till death do us part" Yet how many get divorced? Gee, promise broken!! There's only one guarantee in life - and that is that you'll die some day. Other than that, anything else is subject to change. And the smart person prepares for that.

If they ever reduce YOUR pension because of all this you'll be the loudest crybaby on here.stay in your bubble.

This isn't about not expecting changes, this is about getting to the finish line and getting nothing for your effort, then through no fault of your own we are being told we must wait untold years to receive your pension, I can see a reduced rate of some kind but like some on here who did manage to eke a retirement check out of this, so would I like to enjoy the same for my years of service(years of service not a persons age) And yes this should have been addressed years ago but just like it has always been we had our heads in the sand and here we are at this point. I think if some sort of payout or buyout were offered this company would have a massive exodus. The reality of it all is this company stuck it to all of us and still is to this day, not only did they stick it to their employees but screwed every other LTL carrier out there. We (employees ) now subsidize the rates that are being charged and we also have the honor of being the bottom feeders of the LTL world, so before it's said I should be happy I have a job and there lies the problem I'm ready to pass the torch.

If they ever reduce YOUR pension because of all this you'll be the loudest crybaby on here.stay in your bubble.

At what age did your father retire? My point being a generation ago 65 was considered retirement age.Sure you had EXPECTATIONS, they WILL NOT be met. Mine won't be either! The geese that were laying the golden eggs have been slaughtered and butchered. The way it looks to me there is scant chance there will even be any feathers left for me. That is what the facts are! Why are you pissed off at those who are drawing a pension? They are not the ones who created the mess we're in.
When I started I had every intention of being retired by now. I'M NOT.But complaining about it changes NOTHING.

Now you sound like the ones who'd complain when I'd sign up for overtime but wouldn't come into work. Or the ones who'd complain because I was working when I could be retired, or the ones who complained when I retired instead of hanging in there.

Mud, there are just some people you can not please.

Sure she wanted you to stay in school but she didn't mean for you to stay so long that it took you till age 24 to finally graduate high school! :hide:

Triplex, I was working nights at Johnson Motor Lines at the time so I missed a lot of classes. I finally did graduate with a B.A. in Truckology.:36:

Triplex, I was working nights at Johnson Motor Lines at the time so I missed a lot of classes. I finally did graduate with a B.A. in Truckology.:36:

OK on the BA in Truckology. Too bad so many think they have a BS in the same! :hide: