Yellow | The Truth Is.

At what age did your father retire? My point being a generation ago 65 was considered retirement age.Sure you had EXPECTATIONS, they WILL NOT be met. Mine won't be either! The geese that were laying the golden eggs have been slaughtered and butchered. The way it looks to me there is scant chance there will even be any feathers left for me. That is what the facts are! Why are you pissed off at those who are drawing a pension? They are not the ones who created the mess we're in.
When I started I had every intention of being retired by now. I'M NOT.But complaining about it changes NOTHING.

Are you a lunatic? I'm glad for anybody that made it to retirement. Only those who retire and think I you or anybody else don't deserve the same as they get is who im pissed at.what because fate got them out before the big collapse came makes them special?

You're only 52 and you're upset that you can't retire at that age with full benefits? You've got to be kidding. Even Social Security doesn't get you full benefits at anywhere near that age. Get serious.

Thirty and out that was the pension plan that has been standard forever.

Are you a lunatic? I'm glad for anybody that made it to retirement. Only those who retire and think I you or anybody else don't deserve the same as they get is who im pissed at.what because fate got them out before the big collapse came makes them special?

If, and that's a BIG if, you sincerely did not see this coming; then you have my sympathies. However I'm afraid that, yes, it does make them special.
And deserving or not, the world has changed. No one here has ever said we don't deserve the same. But we are not going to get it. How the pension is structured now may ruin my life in a few years. But I am NOT going to let it ruin my day today.

If, and that's a BIG if, you sincerely did not see this coming; then you have my sympathies. However I'm afraid that, yes, it does make them special.
And deserving or not, the world has changed. No one here has ever said we don't deserve the same. But we are not going to get it. How the pension is structured now may ruin my life in a few years. But I am NOT going to let it ruin my day today.

And there my friend lies your lunacy. Ha ha.if you think for one second they won't slash the current retirees $ at the first opportunity, I have an investment in a start up Russian bank I'd like you to invest in.yeah we all seen it coming, don't mea im gonna start ragging on younger guys to work till they die and I deserve it all and the heck with you.what kind of way is that to be?

Thirty and out that was the pension plan that has been standard forever.

Yeah so if he started at 20 years old & had his thirty years.triplex wants him to put 50 years in.ha ha. Maybe just do away with pension/retirement.work till you die.

And there my friend lies your lunacy. Ha ha.if you think for one second they won't slash the current retirees $ at the first opportunity, I have an investment in a start up Russian bank I'd like you to invest in.yeah we all seen it coming, don't mea im gonna start ragging on younger guys to work till they die and I deserve it all and the heck with you.what kind of way is that to be?

Yeah so if he started at 20 years old & had his thirty years.triplex wants him to put 50 years in.ha ha. Maybe just do away with pension/retirement.work till you die.

You're pretty good at putting words in my mouth. Do you have any other special talents I'm not aware of? Or are you just fixated on the phrase "work till you die"?

Now that's what I'm talking about !
If pension funds are Ponzi scams why do we keep playing the game?
If I started me a little Ponzi I would go to jail
Not that it matters I will have 48 at 65
I hope I can still use my fishing rod : )

Now that's what I'm talking about !
If pension funds are Ponzi scams why do we keep playing the game?
If I started me a little Ponzi I would go to jail
Not that it matters I will have 48 at 65
I hope I can still use my fishing rod : )
well Bart, I hope that is not the only rod you can still use when you are 65, Good Luck!!!!!!:guiness:

You're pretty good at putting words in my mouth. Do you have any other special talents I'm not aware of? Or are you just fixated on the phrase "work till you die"?

If you like things in your mouth, keep it to yourself driver. Ha ha. You said the original poster to get real for wanting to retire at age 52. A 22 yo guy that put in 30 is 52 right? So he should work to when???

If you like things in your mouth, keep it to yourself driver. Ha ha. You said the original poster to get real for wanting to retire at age 52. A 22 yo guy that put in 30 is 52 right? So he should work to when???

Re-read my original comment, the answer is right there.

By the way, it's really cute the way you laugh at your own comments.

In late 2008 just before they merged Roadway and Yellow, myself and a few other Roadway drivers who had their time in started having retirement conversations. We pretty much came to the conclusion that now was the time to go. My biggest fear was YRC going bankrupt and a long wait for my pension to start. I left 06/2009.

In late 2008 just before they merged Roadway and Yellow, myself and a few other Roadway drivers who had their time in started having retirement conversations. We pretty much came to the conclusion that now was the time to go. My biggest fear was YRC going bankrupt and a long wait for my pension to start. I left 06/2009.
If you don't mind me asking, what is your monthly pension and are you comfortable with it? Are you also getting SS? I am coming up on the ability to retire and should have health care covered. The only concerns are having a fixed income and a meltdown of the pension fund. On the meltdown, I'll worry about that if and when it happens. And I'm not SS age for a while yet.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your monthly pension and are you comfortable with it? Are you also getting SS? I am coming up on the ability to retire and should have health care covered. The only concerns are having a fixed income and a meltdown of the pension fund. On the meltdown, I'll worry about that if and when it happens. And I'm not SS age for a while yet.

That's to much information. I will say that health insurance for myself and wife cost me $9600.00 last year. Between my pension, 34 credited years, and early SS we live comfortable. Plan on hospital bills and taking care of aging family members. About 95% of my pension is payed by Western Teamsters, the rest by CSPF.

I was laid off 10/2008. Resigned 3/2009. Took my somewhat still healthy body and went over the road for a private carrier so I can work long enough to draw the locked in CSPF. If I was in a fund that allowed payouts, I'd already be gone. I know many that left at 20-30 years and went to other pension-paying jobs so they actually have two pensions. One guy worked ANR 25 years, now 20 years for the local Parks Dept. There's a good plan!

My father retired from yellow in 5-2009, with 30years invested, he draws $3200 from local 710 and $1462 from S.S. But every month he get $652 taken out of his pension check for my mothers medical, bcuz she is only 64, (but she turns 65 in jan.) He isnt enjoying life thou, he has bad arthitis throughout his body from working the cold docks in chicago for his 30 years of work. But on the same note, he isnt behind on his bilks, so i guess it all depends on if you see the glass half empty or half full