Yellow | This is a job killer

Or, Pete & Johnny voted No, & on Jan 1 in the dead of winter, Johnny went to work to find a padlock on the gate. When it came time to get his paycheck direct deposited into his account, there's no money because YRC filed for bankruptcy. Pete & Johnny saw each other in the unemployment line, both wondering how they're going to afford to feed their families & keep their houses they just bought & can't sell because of the housing disaster. Then they see each other down at the union hall when they're finding out that they can't afford the COBRA coverage for insurance. They talk on the phone all the time, comparing notes about how many applications they've put in but no answers. How they have perfect driving records, perfect attendance records, tons of experience, etc, but the one thing all the companies that are hiring don't want is ex-union people. Then their ue runs out, & they have to take a job making $14 an hour and pay $250 a month for insurance that has an $8000 deductible, so they pray their kids don't get sick. Then they get the letter from the pension fund, saying you're now an orphan, so you don't get the pension you had plans for. Now they have to work at a crappy non-union job til they're 80. And they lived non-happily ever after.

Ask a lot of laid off guys...this is their story & their lives right now.
you guys accept this offer you will have working conditions just like fed ex freight this is what yrc is trying to do working for fed ex i can tell you reading your contract offer this is what yrc wants and you guys will all be screwed part timers will take everything from you thats why fedex hires more part timers you should just come work for fed ex because you will have the same work rules trust me all you get is bent over every day vote no or just come to work at fedex freight

its a 2001 so not so bad- the problem is the damn thing takes a year to warm up-burns thru the motor oil, which says HD on the can but is really sunoco-dont call it Hundred dollar for nothing

Pete & Johnny still had their balls; too bad they couldn't afford insurance & chemo when one of them got cancer in one of them. I'm not trying to scare anybody; I'm just keeping it real. That's many laid off guys stories.

We haven't even discussed Billy's story. Billy has worked on the dock for 15 years; he doesn't have a CDL because he couldn't qualify for it medically. He thanks God every day for a job that allows him to care for his family, have good insurance & a possible pension. But he's confused on how to vote, because if he votes no & stands up for what's right, he'll be lucky to find another job, maybe at $10 or $11 an hour, with no benefits. But he'll still have his balls. If he votes yes, he gets to keep his high paying dock job & insurance, with a possibility of a pension, food on the table, roof over their heads, heat in the winter. More than he'd be able to do at another job. So what should he do? It's a real dilemma.

you just dont get do you??? billys gonna be a part timer ...wake up!!!!!

a job killer? negative on that .. just the opposite. The work rules alone would make YRC the lowest cost carrier on the planet. It would attract investors who would take debt for equity. The stock could be $15-$20 in a year. They could match or beat any non-union's rate..jobs, more cash and the pension would follow by the end of the 5 years

the bad news is if this is voted down which I'm guessing it will they don't get the $200M that is due next month for operating cash from the banks and the snap back $30M a month payments kick in and that means the store closes by Christmas according to the audio . That's a promise from them

we could have been
a contender

images

see ya around

What work rules? Why did they put the clause in about road drivers doing drop and picks if it was already a policy? They are going to redefine what it means that is why. Drop and hooks at terminals even when someone is there is not new either. What new definition do they have in mind there? After they had us vote for a leave of absence for any reason, they tried to turn it into a leave of absence only to work at another company that pays into the pension. They could not get away with that because they were going to get sued, so they changed it to so that you can take LOA as long as you are not working for a competitor. They can't terminate you for working for a competitor either, because that is not what we voted for, so if they do sue them. It will be harder to say you didn't vote to stop at a customer and load a trailer, since it isn't defined exactly what a drop and pick is. I had never even heard the term before this offer.

Oh, I get it...believe me. As Jimmy G said, I have moved on to a non-union job. I'm out here experiencing it everyday. I'm out here listening to guys stories; I'm a shop steward, laid off, & I hear lots of stories. The only thing I have to worry about is my potential pension; I'm not going back. But all you vote no guys think that there will be a second vote, going back to the table, they're bluffing, blah blah blah. But how many of you guys actually have been out looking for a job lately? Or how many of you actually gone to work to find the gates padlocked, or gotten a notice of closure? For those of us who have experienced that years ago, there were other Teamster freight companies to start over at. Not anymore. There were a lot of us that thought when we got laid off finding another job should be no problem. We found out that things are different right now. And for the record, I did not stay home crying in my beer. I took the first jobs that called me; drove tankers with gasoline, making low wages. I went to many an interview, to be told that the low wages they are paying is because of the economy, that there aren't any other jobs out there & they can get away with paying such low wages. Until you've been out there looking & interviewing, don't just assume you're gonna be alright. And correct me if I'm wrong....doesn't ABF already use 4 hr casuals? I'm pretty sure they do. And if the guys at YRC don't want to work 4 hr casual work, then they need to not sign up & get another job. I don't like it, but it's our reality right now.

And thanks Jimmy G :) Just in case you want to know, our union meeting has been scheduled for 9am Sunday.

exactly we here at fedex natioal merging with fedex freight are going through this we are losing everything we have no say this is the road yrc wants they want to operate like fed ex back to fed ex they are part time crazy all our full time dock guys are going to be part time no more benefits road guys will be combo road/ dock or come back from road and if needed have to go back out with a full load dont want to bring a p/d guy in early he might end up with ot you guys do not have a clue what the new freight industry is like now if i could help you in any way just ask any fedex national driver what we will be in for now i wish i could at least have a option like you guys i would vote no good luck and dont end up like fed ex

the bad news is if this is voted down which I'm guessing it will they don't get the $200M that is due next month for operating cash from the banks and the snap back $30M a month payments kick in and that means the store closes by Christmas according to the audio . That's a promise from them

oh and you forgot to mention that all the part time jobs that this will create will only benefit the company because 80 dollars a day is not a real job for a man to survive on . and and the company will not pay into the ghost pension and the worker will have no benefits and accrue no vacation an so on. an so on so yeah this is a great deal .... i'm voting no

oh and you forgot to mention that all the part time jobs that this will create will only benefit the company because 80 dollars a day is not a real job for a man to survive on . and and the company will not pay into the ghost pension and the worker will have no benefits and accrue no vacation an so on. an so on so yeah this is a great deal .... i'm voting no

th_joeebrown02.jpg

awesome, oh well what the hell!
It's all fun and games till someone
gets hurt

then its freaking hilarious​

well said. happened to many here already. when i was about to retire, but could not because of the freeze, at 25 and out, i put out around 70 apps and had several hand carried by friends also. got one phone call, two letter and an email. fact is, i am older, union, and not hispanic or a.a. nobody wants me for a job that pays 38-50k, that i am qualified for.

trucking

You can always start your own company, if you love driving so much. Prime incorporated will be happy set you up in a lease to own deal.

Or, Pete & Johnny voted No, & on Jan 1 in the dead of winter, Johnny went to work to find a padlock on the gate. When it came time to get his paycheck direct deposited into his account, there's no money because YRC filed for bankruptcy. Pete & Johnny saw each other in the unemployment line, both wondering how they're going to afford to feed their families & keep their houses they just bought & can't sell because of the housing disaster. Then they see each other down at the union hall when they're finding out that they can't afford the COBRA coverage for insurance. They talk on the phone all the time, comparing notes about how many applications they've put in but no answers. How they have perfect driving records, perfect attendance records, tons of experience, etc, but the one thing all the companies that are hiring don't want is ex-union people. Then their ue runs out, & they have to take a job making $14 an hour and pay $250 a month for insurance that has an $8000 deductible, so they pray their kids don't get sick. Then they get the letter from the pension fund, saying you're now an orphan, so you don't get the pension you had plans for. Now they have to work at a crappy non-union job til they're 80. And they lived non-happily ever after.

Ask a lot of laid off guys...this is their story & their lives right now.

SPOT-ON......The NO voters will find out if they prevail,easy to talk tough now.

These guy's that vote yes to this crap are the same ones that are saying yes dear at home while they are getting a ear full.
Amen!! you're right!" Ha Ha Ha. And they always wonder why there is a beer missing from the fridge when they get home cause the wife don't drink (beer)!! Lots of straping young single laid off men running around ... thats why!!! Ha Ha Ha!

Ok, yrc321; you might get another job. CDL and I already have. I've been around closed companies before- about 40 percent of the now left guys will retire- too old to move on. Since the Fund is already Underfunded, that will throw it into default- the Pension Guarantee Board. First it would break ABF and most Locals (collateralized for the Fund). Suddenly, all the current retirees are in jeapordy as well.... Where will an 80 year old that expects 3500 but suddenly getting a lot less go for work? Talk about Meesters- no voters could be the guys costing All Teamsters their pensions....

By the way- Indiana Unemployment is in the 300 range. Who can live on that after expecting Teamster pay? Just something to think about....

Ok, yrc321; you might get another job. CDL and I already have. I've been around closed companies before- about 40 percent of the now left guys will retire- too old to move on. Since the Fund is already Underfunded, that will throw it into default- the Pension Guarantee Board. First it would break ABF and most Locals (collateralized for the Fund). Suddenly, all the current retirees are in jeapordy as well.... Where will an 80 year old that expects 3500 but suddenly getting a lot less go for work? Talk about Meesters- no voters could be the guys costing All Teamsters their pensions....

By the way- Indiana Unemployment is in the 300 range. Who can live on that after expecting Teamster pay? Just something to think about....

You forgot to add in all the Fedex drivers that are out there right now grabbing what jobs they can find. Everyone keeps saying that there are jobs out there....I challenge them to put in an application now, & see the results. Yes, there are a few lucky ones in big cities (Chicago) that find a few (but you'd better be young, good health, perfect driving record, etc). The FedEX here was hiring, until they laid off thousands. And, they wanted to pay $14 an hour. All the no voters are banking on the freight being divided up & needing more drivers, but what makes you all think they're going to hire you when they have laid off drivers of their own to give it to? Not to mention that with the biggest union company going out, they're going to be wary of Teamster guys looking to organize the nons that are left standing.

And another thing: I'm getting tired of seeing certain guys on here telling the others it's their fault they can't afford to lose their job: big house, big cars, motorcycles, boats, blah blah blah. Apparently, none of them have ever had hard times in their lives, & I mean a catastrophic illness in their family that has left them bankrupt. Or their working spouse has died, & now are a single parent to their kids. Living in a house barely big enough, driving older cars, no toys, etc. You know, things BEYOND their control. All I can say is that those that keep generalizing people are quite selfish.

Lets just say if you have over 20 years in and you are having financial problems, you probably weren't the best at managing your money. There are all kinds of savings devices to protect your assets if you had the sense to build them.