Type 2 Diabetes and Trucking

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
I have been a Type 2 Diabetic for almost 16 years, probably longer due to genetics and poor eating choices. I have been in control and out of control many times but I have learned how to eat properly and learned what not to eat. I am going to try to help those who are struggling.
Diabetes can end your career , Cause you to lose limbs and go blind as a result of uncontrolled glucose levels.

If you eat properly your A1C will be reduced nicely within a month.

Things Never to eat , Forget moderation bullshit just never eat them.
Regular Bread
Potatoes
Green Peas
Rice
Carrots
Sugar Beets
Anything with added sugar
Ice Cream
Oatmeal
Grits
Corn
Pasta
Nothing floured and fried
Just look on the container 1 gram of sugar = 1 carb Carbs are not good unless offset by Fiber. Say what you are looking at contains 8 Carbs & 4 Fibers per serving. You can always deduct the Fiber content from the carb count so that item is Net 4 carbs... Fiber is your friend.

Last edited:
I have found one style of keto bread which has zero net carbs per slice and only 30 calories and tastes like regular bread. You can find it in Walmart in some areas it's made by Lewis Cost's 5 bucks a loaf but only the Diabetic in the house should eat it. Clean eating is expensive but alot cheaper than a heart attack or stroke or amputation. Quit eating out and have plenty of money to eat right and take care of yourself.

PXL_20230318_160744603.MP.md.jpeg

If you have any questions just ask, You will be depressed and bored to begin with until you see those numbers dropping on your test meter and yes you should test atleast once every single day. Don't be shocked at the morning numbers they are always higher in the morning because your body has an internal clock that makes your liver release glucose to get you started in the morning. Eat right and those numbers will go down and you will feel better

On the road and starving? You can order a burger from wendys and skip the ketchup ... Just tell them you want it keto style and it will come in a nice box with a fork for you I have lost 20 lbs in the last 3 months without any hunger

On the road and starving? You can order a burger from wendys and skip the ketchup ... Just tell them you want it keto style and it will come in a nice box with a fork for you I have lost 20 lbs in the last 3 months without any hunger
Maybe if you got rid of the dump trailer and started shoveling, you woulda lost 30lbs……… :438: :hide:

Thanks for the info. Bread, potatoes and pasta are my nemesis. Im gonna try that keto bread.

everybody reacts different to what they eat. If you must have fruits you need to limit those fruits to raspberries blackberries or strawberry and these have to be eaten in moderation. There is no difference whatsoever between natural sugar in fruit or just pure cane sure from a bag. Sugar is sugar regardless of the source when it comes to Blood Glucose Any fruit juice of any kind will spike your blood glucose numbers, if you need vitamin c look into vitamins.

Maybe if you got rid of the dump trailer and started shoveling, you woulda lost 30lbs……… :438: :hide:

Thanks for the info. Bread, potatoes and pasta are my nemesis. Im gonna try that keto bread.
That bread is miracle bread... You can put a burger on it and fell like a normal person , it's not that :shit:ty almond flour dry gritty bread it tastes like normal loaf bread. I buy 6 or 7 loaves at a time and put it in the freezer. I basically live on it. I make everything from sandwiches to French toast to even a slice of pizza with it. You won't miss regular bread you can get it online if you have to. it's worth it for your health Healthy Life KETO Bread - Lewis Bake Shop

i have been a type 2 for many years myself..

i don't diet, i just watch what i eat.

my A1c fluctuates from time to time, in fact i go for blood work later this week.

i am still on the pills

i just make sure i don't have stuffing, with potatoes for instance.

i usually have 1 sandwich at lunch time with wheat bread, but many times, i am so wrapped up in something around the house, or cleaning my gun from a day at the range, i skip lunch

do i "sneak" a snack..?

of course i do, and i don't lie to my doctor about it either

exercising for me can be tough, i also suffer from plantar fasciitis..so walking VERY painful......

but once i start walking, i can walk up to 1/2 a mile a day, 4 to 6 days a week.

If you have any questions just ask, You will be depressed and bored to begin with until you see those numbers dropping on your test meter and yes you should test atleast once every single day. Don't be shocked at the morning numbers they are always higher in the morning because your body has an internal clock that makes your liver release glucose to get you started in the morning. Eat right and those numbers will go down and you will feel better
I've been recently diagnosed as type 2... probably have been for quite awhile before being diagnosed.. A1c 9.4... blood glucose level was 309... I'll be testing my A1c in May... but my daily testing is now between 128 and 160 on average.. (so I'm improving slowly)
My question is, based on your knowledge and experience, what do think of fasting as an effective tool in controlling diabetes in the diabetic tool box?

Thank you..

Last edited:
I have found one style of keto bread which has zero net carbs per slice and only 30 calories and tastes like regular bread. You can find it in Walmart in some areas it's made by Lewis Cost's 5 bucks a loaf but only the Diabetic in the house should eat it. Clean eating is expensive but alot cheaper than a heart attack or stroke or amputation. Quit eating out and have plenty of money to eat right and take care of yourself.

PXL_20230318_160744603.MP.md.jpeg
Thanks for letting us know about the bread! I just stopped eating bread about 15 years ago.

I do eat apples and they don't raise my blood sugar much. My A1C was 7.1 last time and 6.8 the time before.

I've been recently diagnosed as type 2... probably have been for quite awhile before disgnosed.diagnosed.. A1c 9.4... blood glucose level was 309... I'll be testing my A1c in May... but my daily testing is now between 128 and 160 on average.. (so I'm improving slowly)
My question is, based on your knowledge and experience, what do think of fasting as an effective tool in controlling diabetes in the diabetic tool box?

Thank you..
fasting is a great option ... If you can go 12-16 hours between meals you are better than me

Start googling Dexcom G7, it’s a tiny battery powered blood glucose meter that you wear 24/7. It has an app for your phone to monitor your glucose level. Within 10-15 minutes of eating something, it will read how high that particular food spiked you. Everyone reacts differently to the same foods. No more finger pricks. Insurance covers all of it.

Thanks for this thread Jeff, a good read!

Both my parents have been diabetics and my younger sister has type 2.

I have never been diagnosed with it as of this typing, (firngers crossed) and I really try to watch what I eat and drink, I have always had good readings with my doc.

thanks for that list of what to and what not to eat because I still eat quite a bit of that stuff.

A friend of mine has that Dexcom and loves it that it gives him his numbers on his phone.

I just need one more physical and pass my CDL one more time and I can ride off into the sunset of retirement! :1036316054: :couch:

Start googling Dexcom G7, it’s a tiny battery powered blood glucose meter that you wear 24/7. It has an app for your phone to monitor your glucose level. Within 10-15 minutes of eating something, it will read how high that particular food spiked you. Everyone reacts differently to the same foods. No more finger pricks. Insurance covers all of it.
I did not know they had a Dexcom G7. My wife uses the Dexcom G6. She has been a type-1 (juvenile) diabetic since 1990. I can’t even begin to tell you how important a good healthcare or insurance plan is. The supplies alone would cost hundreds of dollars (sometimes more) every month without it. When she was on the insulin pump, the pump alone was at a cost of $7,000 to $8,000 without insurance not including the supplies. And a new one was needed every five to six years. If you are type-2, do everything in your power to avoid type-1. Like Jeff stated, proper eating is the key. Along with exercise.

Thanks for this thread Jeff, a good read!

Both my parents have been diabetics and my younger sister has type 2.

I have never been diagnosed with it as of this typing, (firngers crossed) and I really try to watch what I eat and drink, I have always had good readings with my doc.

thanks for that list of what to and what not to eat because I still eat quite a bit of that stuff.

A friend of mine has that Dexcom and loves it that it gives him his numbers on his phone.

I just need one more physical and pass my CDL one more time and I can ride off into the sunset of retirement! :1036316054: :couch:

You need to think long term though and avoid insulin if you can. With both parents and sibling your odds are Very High

You can buy an A1C test for about 30 bucks at Walmart. It will give you your average blood glucose for the past couple months and easily know if you are in the safe zone without having to reveal to anyone the results.

I've been recently diagnosed as type 2... probably have been for quite awhile before disgnosed.diagnosed.. A1c 9.4... blood glucose level was 309... I'll be testing my A1c in May... but my daily testing is now between 128 and 160 on average.. (so I'm improving slowly)

Thank you..
NO......

i disagree with anyone's advice on fasting, unless it's just before bedtime, cuz the next day, you are going for blood work, to test your A1C

if you fast, you run the risk of over-eating to make up for the hunger

a dietician i went to said to eat snacks in between meals, like a fruit, (apple, banana, pear, whatever) or some saltine crackers. just a few crackers, to take off the edge of hunger, so that again, you do not over eat your meals.

also READ the serving suggestions for let's say cookies., if it says on the label 1 is a serving, than that's all you eat.

drink sugar free sodas, low or no added sugar fruit juices, milk, coffee, tea, and stay away from added sugars.

if you eat at (say) mc donalds, skip the fries.. as both the bread, and fries are way too much carbs......

try to eat more wheat bread over white breads.