TForce | union protection

crossroads

TB Lurker
Credits
i can not beleive six terminals from n.e. would sign such a weak contract. ups is having its way with the teamsters,you can't negotate a contract fairly when the people you bargaining with bail out your pension fund at the sum of 6.1 billion dollars.This contract is sweet for ups. To think that can protect you is a pipe dream,they want you gone your gone 6.1 reasons why. This contract is bad for the union rank n file,but good for ups an the IBT,even ABF is threatening to pull out of the pension fund we can not accept this contract. do what skeeter says HOLD OUT

i can not beleive six terminals from n.e. would sign such a weak contract. ups is having its way with the teamsters,you can't negotate a contract fairly when the people you bargaining with bail out your pension fund at the sum of 6.1 billion dollars.This contract is sweet for ups. To think that can protect you is a pipe dream,they want you gone your gone 6.1 reasons why. This contract is bad for the union rank n file,but good for ups an the IBT,even ABF is threatening to pull out of the pension fund we can not accept this contract. do what skeeter says HOLD OUT

Where have you been? ABF and YRC will pull out of Central States also. And this was part of of the PARCEL contract. Yup, A half million UPS parcel employees voted and excepted this.

most parcel drivers i talk to voted it down, but than again most people in the teamsters said they never voted for hoffa but he wins, just like these contracts pass that no one voted for

what i am insinuating here is something stinks everything seems to be a done deal no matter what menbers vote on or for,yes i dont think hoffa is on the up an up ,he selling us out. For his own personal gain 15,000 new menber makes him look good in some peoples eyes. An about 1 million dollar in dues a month for the IBT

Yes sir maybe the union does stink in a few ways.
But have we got staying non-union working for the big brown transportation machine?

No one in New england has signed a contract or voted on anything. It will all be negotiated in time. The bases for a New England supplement will come from the basics of Indy.If we don't like it, we will send them back to the boards and do it over. The only signing you may be referring to is the card check.

Its my understanding that signing a card is for union representation only.
There has to be a vote to except a contract pertaining to every region.
Am I correct in this opinion?

as for the union I have 10 years vested i am just looking out for the menbers, as for signing a card, if you have the majority you have union rep. don't count on getting a better deal. it is what it is, the card check is a sweet deal for the union,why would UPS do this if they wanted to stay non-union. The reasoning for this is they want us to move some of brown freight 100 lbs. or more? at a cheaper rate,cant move freigth to non-union carrier withithout union consent done deal

Crossroads,
Do you really believe that UPS paid over a billion dollars for O so they could haul a few 100lb. parcels for UPS?

A few 100lb parcels, we (ups freight) have started a pilot program with ups packages single biggest account, the majority of that freight is ready to move to UPS freight.

That is not the only reason they bought us but I am sure it is a big one.

I did not know they could not shift packages from parcel to freight without us being union, this would explain why they seem to want us to be union. Or atleast why they show they don't care.

the greater majority of the posts here seem to be about the union, for and against. is all I can say to the members of this forum is you can look at reno for an example. i am not a long time employee so i am not a good source of knowledge of terminal history but i know what i've seen for the last few months. before coming here to work i was definetley non-union, since then i have changed my mind, somewhat, i have never worked for a company of this size or type. when i hit the gate of another terminal i go on the clock. i don't get messed with, as soon as i let them know i'm from reno. i don't work the dock, i do get paid for all my time, i dont have to explain to my wife why i worked 13 hours and only made $200. on the down side we had a decert vote a few months ago and we are still waiting to hear that the company is bring us up to par. until then we keep working on the old extended motor cargo contract. from a new comers point of view, nothing happens fast, good or bad. as a new hire, maybe i'll still get some back pay when we do get the new contract.

Its my understanding that signing a card is for union representation only.
There has to be a vote to except a contract pertaining to every region.
Am I correct in this opinion?

I don't know about the region part. But yes everyone that is represented by the teamsters will have the right to vote on a contract.

what i am insinuating here is something stinks everything seems to be a done deal no matter what menbers vote on or for,yes i dont think hoffa is on the up an up ,he selling us out. For his own personal gain 15,000 new menber makes him look good in some peoples eyes. An about 1 million dollar in dues a month for the IBT

On the other hand, No matter how good Hoffer wants to look, Its the members that except these contracts not Hoffa.

if the majority signs cards you are union,you will not vote on union rep. wether you get to vote on the contract or not i don't know but you might just get stuck with it.you might add to the contract by adding regional supplements like the NMFA have

as for the guy in Reno it sounds like discrimination, tell your tm,also tell the hall what's going on. They will also notify the company,if they do nothing the union should threatened a lawsuit.If the local does nothing i can see why you want to decertify

where did you read he was discriminated against? He is just saying what goes on, they already decertified, so I don't think the union will be of much help to them.

And to the nevada driver, tell me if what I heard is true, you guys voted to decertify becuase the contract you guys had was much less then what non-union UPS freight makes.

Can you tell us what the pay was.