TForce | union protection

I wonder why the company does not want us to enjoy some of the benefits the other 225,000 UPS union employees receive?

Money, bottom line, until you hit them in the wallet, that is where strength in #'s applies.:1036316054::1036316054: The LTL market is way less profitable then small package. And this is where they judge most of thier #'s in wages and bennies is through the profitability of UPS Freight.

as for overnite, i have to respond the driver said when he was from RENO, which is union,he was'nt offer the dock, i am not a linehaul driver, but if this is offer to everybody, an not to him it's discrimination. It also seems like they are holding him back-13-hours?

he gets paid full delay, he doesn't have to work the dock.

he gets paid to eat chicken wings out of the snack machine.

If I got paid to sit in the breakroom might breakeven on money spent on the snack machine.

These posts make my point ! Both appear to
be OPINIONS with NO documentation . Yet
they are opposite . This is WHY the vast
majority are confused ! They can NOT be
BOTH correct . And yet another previous states that there will be No vote at all .
Only a card check . Why should anyone be confused ?
Thank You

In order to see the contract you must vote the union in, this is done by the card check process. Then there is another vote, this vote is in referrance to what you guy's want for a contract, if you like INDY'S contract then you vote that one in, if you want your own contract, then you vote that one in after it is negotiated. this is what he is saying. So in essance there is 2 votes.

but are you sure that is the way it will happen with us?

the cardcheck agreement was for 1 terminal.

Yes, I am 100% sure, but someone in the terminal must get the ball rolling. One must sighn a card for representation in order to have it, this is how unions start, these cards are used for verification of employee's within the terminal, that is how UPS know's lets say for instance INDY wanted representation.

then why did hoffa make such a big deal that he won a card check agreement with ups freight.

Later he said it was just for one terminal and they picked indy.

then why did hoffa make such a big deal that he won a card check agreement with ups freight.

It's called glamour, another feather in the cap, it is to my understanding he wants the fame of DAD, but not the end result. It is like a manager will use his accomplishments as leverage to obtain a higher state of glory. But one thing that was not explained is, the card check did not stop with one terminal, the card check process is one terminal at a time, it gave UPS leverage to avoid a strike and be able to keep the freight moving if we did not care for the contract,#1, #2 it gave the Teamsters a "shoe in" hoping others would follow( increased membership),#3 it allowed UPS leverage to obtain freedom from central states pentionfund,( GOLFCART CONSPIRACY) . to name a few things.

what end result? hidden away on a tropical island sipping margritas?

His father was murdered. But no one can find the BODY, some say it's over here' some say it's over there, this is the end result I was inferring. And considering what his father was a part of ( the head of the most aggressive union in the US) One could only Imagine why he is now DEAD............... Well DEAD is the wrong word, he suddenly became missing. And some say it was the end result of foul play.

it was on mythusters he was buried under the giants stadium. And they used ground sonar or somthing, to search for him.

Hoffa also said that this contract would serve as a model contract for the rest of UPSF company wide.

Money, bottom line, until you hit them in the wallet, that is where strength in #'s applies.:1036316054::1036316054: The LTL market is way less profitable then small package. And this is where they judge most of thier #'s in wages and bennies is through the profitability of UPS Freight.

Yes, I was being sarcastic.:smilie_132:

I was a Teamster back in the day when this wicked deed happen to Jimmy H.,Sr.
there were three places the IBT said his body could have gone.
First they were building Giants Stadium,and they thought he could have been buried in the concret foundation during the night pours.
Also they say he could have been buried in the garbage at that time was being piled into the dumps in New Jersey.
They put lie powder in the garbage to disolve it,and they say his body would never be found.
The last idea was that he was cut up,and feed to hungry alligators in the Everglads swamp in Florida.
Wherever his body was buried it was someplace the ones who were involved never ever wanted him to be found.

You know back in the day a lot of the mob hits of the more shaddy type.
These bodies became pillars of their community literaly.
There was a few highrise buildings going up in big cities that pour cement around the clock for the foundations.
A few bucks to look the other way,and the problem went away.

Yikes I better watch what I'm saying here.
Well then that was all back in the day,so things are more cool now-a days.
I hope.

not much has changed now you have company lawyers and union lawyers making deals behind you back....now they use a law degree instead of a gun and violence to keep the working man in line.