TForce | union protection

if the majority signs cards you are union,you will not vote on union rep. wether you get to vote on the contract or not i don't know but you might just get stuck with it.you might add to the contract by adding regional supplements like the NMFA have

Thats exactly what the N. Eastern terminals are doing. We will add suppliments and move the alotted money allowed within the contract and suppliment what is most important to us. So when completed the contract may not look like the Indy contract. Indy has designed there contract to fit there needs.

The main reason I believe the union and the company will allow for the card check instead of an election is? The company wants us to join the over 225,000 other union employees at the UPS corp. The companies who business model is based on that relationship. Plus no bad press about labor strife at UPS. Joe public doesn't know UPS parcel from freight, so if they heard that there was labor problems at UPSF they might think, ''I better switch my small package account to someone else.'' Harmony and money! Cut cost and keep smiling. I'd :1036316054:say bye,bye to the head office in Richmond for UPSF in the future. Move to Atlanta and cut costs.

where did you read he was discriminated against? He is just saying what goes on, they already decertified, so I don't think the union will be of much help to them.

And to the nevada driver, tell me if what I heard is true, you guys voted to decertify becuase the contract you guys had was much less then what non-union UPS freight makes.

Can you tell us what the pay was.

From what I have heard the de-cert failed, but that is only from hearsay.:biglaugh:

Where is your documentation ?

if the majority signs cards you are union,you will not vote on union rep. wether you get to vote on the contract or not i don't know but you might just get stuck with it.you might add to the contract by adding regional supplements like the NMFA have

As happens all to often on these OPINION
boards you choose to make the statement
above , but provide no documentation to
back your OPINION . This does NOT serve
your position well . The above statement
is quite opposite to what I have seen
take place elsewhere . Often times there
are enough cards to GET a vote , but yet the outcome is NOT to go union after the vote takes place . There are people who
change their mind when the chips are on table and those that for some reason even
fail to vote . But , what do I know ? I am but , JustaDriver . Thank You

You vote to join the union not on the contract. You can't vote to join the union and vote not to accept the contract. It is the same vote.

In a conference call with local unions on Oct. 2, Ken H and James H reported that there is a "card check" deal with UPS Freight, which will make it easier to organize the various terminals. If the majority of workers at a terminal sign Teamster cards that are independently verified, the company will recognize and bargain with the Teamsters Union at that barn.

The union agreed to management's demand to make that card check agreement conditional on ratification of the UPS national contract, including the break-out of 44,000 Teamsters from the Central States Fund. That was management's central demand in national bargaining. As reported on the call, signing of cards cannot start until after the whole UPS contract process is done.

what i am insinuating here is something stinks everything seems to be a done deal no matter what menbers vote on or for,yes i dont think hoffa is on the up an up ,he selling us out. For his own personal gain 15,000 new menber makes him look good in some peoples eyes. An about 1 million dollar in dues a month for the IBT

Like I said I feel a few die hards will accept anything they throw at them will jump on the band wagon. But there are a lot of terminals with smart thinking man and women that have thought this through and will not go for it. They will hold out and unite in strength and unity. :1036316054:

You will sign a card to be part of a group of at least 50%+1 of employees. Then the terminal is a union terminal. The union neg. a contract. Then the contract is presented to the members of that terminal. The members vote on the contract. If the vote is 50%+1 then the contract passes. If enough of the members reject the contract then it goes back to neg.

Like I said I feel a few die hards will accept anything they throw at them will jump on the band wagon. But there are a lot of terminals with smart thinking man and women that have thought this through and will not go for it. They will hold out and unite in strength and unity. :1036316054:

You can hold out, but if the company says they will give nothing more then you will remain without a contract until either the members deceide to accept the rejected offer or vote to strike. As I have said before, I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT MANY EMPLOYEES WILL STRIKE FOR NMFA! I could be wrong but I know that the guys at my center can live with a regional modified IDNY type contract. We have a few different issues that we want to address and will at the neg. table. Whether the company will agree, we will have to wait and see.

You vote to join the union not on the contract. You can't vote to join the union and vote not to accept the contract. It is the same vote.

This is a false statement you Have to have representation voted in before you can nego anything IT IS NOT THE SAME VOTE!!!!!

thats right hold out,after that sorry looking indy contract, I don't know if i trust the union to negotiate a good con. and i don't want to get stuck with this crap.How could they evan present this contract to them, are things that bad in Indy

thats right hold out,after that sorry looking indy contract, I don't know if i trust the union to negotiate a good con. and i don't want to get stuck with this crap.How could they evan present this contract to them, are things that bad in Indy

Things are bad at my terminal, and my TM is horrid, but now that he knows we can join the union without the company standing in the way. I would not be surprised to see a change in attitude, but I don't think anyone at my center will be fooled by it. We reap what we sew in life.:1036316054: Maybe you could lay out some of the articles in the contract you don't like?

This is a false statement you Have to have representation voted in before you can nego anything IT IS NOT THE SAME VOTE!!!!!

These posts make my point ! Both appear to
be OPINIONS with NO documentation . Yet
they are opposite . This is WHY the vast
majority are confused ! They can NOT be
BOTH correct . And yet another previous states that there will be No vote at all .
Only a card check . Why should anyone be confused ?
Thank You

These posts make my point ! Both appear to
be OPINIONS with NO documentation . Yet
they are opposite . This is WHY the vast
majority are confused ! They can NOT be
BOTH correct . And yet another previous states that there will be No vote at all .
Only a card check . Why should anyone be confused ?
Thank You

I suggest you contact your local like I have they wil talk to you. you can get there phone# online .mabe they can clear some of these issues up for you .

so your saying each terminal is gonna negoitiate, after they get 50%+1?

I just want to hurry up and get the information so I can deceide, it looks like next week is gonna be big, the 2 man meeting is also gonna happen then they vote on the nmfa, from what I read if it is anything like what we have, they will vote no.

The main reason I believe the union and the company will allow for the card check instead of an election is? The company wants us to join the over 225,000 other union employees at the UPS corp. The companies who business model is based on that relationship. Plus no bad press about labor strife at UPS. Joe public doesn't know UPS parcel from freight, so if they heard that there was labor problems at UPSF they might think, ''I better switch my small package account to someone else.'' Harmony and money! Cut cost and keep smiling. I'd :1036316054:say bye,bye to the head office in Richmond for UPSF in the future. Move to Atlanta and cut costs.

I wonder why the company does not want us to enjoy some of the benefits the other 225,000 UPS union employees receive?

I agree with you, but I know why they don't want the pension,but they can at least give us the health Ins. The penison would be nice too,for the good og all teamsters. As for overnite try punching in UPS frieght,than look for teamster for democratic union, might answer some of your question

as for overnite, i have to respond the driver said when he was from RENO, which is union,he was'nt offer the dock, i am not a linehaul driver, but if this is offer to everybody, an not to him it's discrimination. It also seems like they are holding him back-13-hours?