Discussion in 'UPS Freight' started by maxicoze, Feb 15, 2016.
On your back having sex.... hmmmm.... does that make you a screw up. ..
Yes, and i don't care..........
i'd like to address this, and the common notion that "eventually/somehow you're paying for it.........."
No person(s) were being compensated directly, or clearly indirectly for any said actions / "playing checkers......."
Now, i did let her borrow my car last week because her's was in the shop. But i would have done that anyways irregardless.
Also, this is not a one-way street; They've fed me, housed me rent free, and given me gift cards all before this. (although i suspect the subject of rent will be coming up soon, after they found out how much i make per night..........)
Also, before my position change, when i was still P+D, they, themselves, have alluded to "playing a little checkers," with me, but i kinda (was tired/not exactly in the mood etc.) But i do sense the greater enthusiasm from my girls towards me after i changed to Road and discussed that i was grossing $350-400 per night.
i am considering a used 3/4 ton suburban vs. a new suburban. This job pays good, but it doesn't pay THAT good where i can plunk down $50,000 on something i'm not going to drive that much.......
Couldn't pass up having a little fun. Good comback to my post. von.
Maxicoze I see you opened this thread topic just over 2 years ago.
Am wondering after 2 years are you happier being a UPS Freight Big Brown Clown,or not?
i'd say overall, i'm happy. Or not unhappy i should say; JOB IS STILL AS GOOD AS SEX. But i'm having sleep problems. So, at this point i will probably switch back to city----which i don't despise---far from it, but i don't enjoy it as much as linehaul.
i am still experimenting with sleep patterns/drugs (prescription).
i'm doing ok-to-pretty good financially. Certainly better than when i first started.
This is definitely one of the best if not THE BEST job i've ever had.
The other contenders are:
Auto Truck Transport
i am not necessarily getting laid more or less before working this job.........
i'm thinking of getting a used, but recent Suburban (like 2012-2015) vs. a brand new one. The job pays GOOD, but it doesn't pay THAT GOOD where i can plunk down $50,000 on something i'm not going to drive that much.......
Sat out one night, hence the lower pay---it happens occasionally. i wasn't complaining because i could get some rest. This is not a guaranteed position----meaning you might not work every night. Reality-wise, you ARE going to work every night because we have a crap-load of freight, but occasionally it does happen that you will be sitting.
2) Tractors don't have enough caster............
richmond terminal is beginning to tick me off...............
1) The new terminal "manager" at richmond is a LYING (EDITED ENDING WITH A "T" )
a) She can't handle the pressure so she blames the subordinate employees:
Now, isn't this just sad.
b) There is a queen bee syndrome that is unfortunately prevalent at richmond, which unfortunately includes SOME, NOT ALL, BUT SOME other female "managers." (Not that the male "managers" don't have their heads up their culus either...........)
c) It really pains me to say all this, but this is a diary and i'm telling it like it is. Really, i believe teamwork and unity is the best way and THE ONLY WAY.
Let this be a notice to all of our competitors:
If you're getting along with your managers and co-workers, then your company will be unstoppable and we'll be left in the dust............. i mean FedEx has already overtaken us as the highest paying LTL'er company.
d) Lord, keep me away from this wretched, decaying, cesspool excuse for a terminal......
2) On a brighter note, i'm/we're running our tails off; Freight is raining from the sky (At least the sales staff is doing their job correctly.....) More miles than we can physically and legally handle.
These two checks do not necessarily reflect this because i was on vacation for one week, but the upcoming checks should reflect this overflowsion of freight:
3) My brand new '18 Liner got snatched away from me due to seniority reasons. i'm not complaining because the replacement, despite having over 900,000 on the clock does the job as good if not better.
Yes, i am having female problems in more ways than above: My girls don't want to play "checkers" no more..........(not that i have had time to ask.........)
So, after being there 3 years now, you are still at $24.00 per hour and $.60.58 cpm?
have a nice glass or 2 of wine it takes the edge off, a little bit easier to fall asleep . works for me
Fedex freight dont pay their dock, and city 28+ a hour everywhere.
Harrisburg pa 26 for city and less for dock.
Yes, but still pretty good money, i think at 3/4 tier if you look at the paycheck. i am working a lot of hours though.
Will be going to top rate in a few months.
i may have been too harsh and would like to retract my statement that the new terminal manager is a (edited, ending with a "t"). Sometimes, all we have to do is sit down and discuss the situation.
Now, this DOES NOT change the fact that she made an untrue statement. She lied. And that's not very professional, nor very becoming of a manager.
Too busy to post checks, but will continue asap.
2) In the meantime, If you're in Maine or close to, Portland terminal NEEDS city drivers like a blimp needs helium.
3) i think upper "management" is putting unrealistic demands on lower (TM) managerks and thus, the lower managerks have no choice but to impose these unrealistic and delusional demands on the workers----drivers, dockers, office staff etc.
False used to work there its 28.83 for top scale now and .68 cents per mile. I work at the center on union ave
Top rate is nice. It's all I'm waiting for on the small package side. I love everything else thus far.
Sorry it took so long to post checks; i've been busy as hell; Like the company i work for, i've taken on more than i can handle.
1) Note that on the weeks where i only made $1,100 ish, i took a day off that week.
2) We do not have the P+D city position anymore; Instead we just have P drivers; This is because things are so F'd up, there is barely enough time to make the pickups and even then we miss quite a few (which, in turn p#@$@# off the customer, but we don't care about the customer----we only care about their money, and numbers, more on this later). Any actual deliveries you make are a bonus. Also, we don't care about residential customers----we are late on most, if not all appointments. In addition to being late, there is a high chance of damage to the residential customer's freight.
Thus, if you enjoy stressed out rushing around, with little chance of making your appointments, then this is the gig for you.
3) i believe upper and top "management" to be out-of-touch and/or delusional/and or at least acting like numbskulls. As such, the middle managers/ terminal managers have no choice but to impose these unrealistic, and out-of-touch demands on the workers. It's a crapstorm to say the least...........moral isn't too good. i would not say the situation is "toxic" yet, but it's a crapstorm.
4) We have ceased being a freight company. We are now a numbers company. i feel a large part of the problem is that a large number of "management" have never driven a truck, much less even ridden in one.