1. We have the Facebook and Twitter going again. We would appeciate a like or follow.

UPS FREIGHT UPS Freight Diary:

Discussion in 'UPS Freight' started by maxicoze, Feb 15, 2016.

1. LTLIndentured

LTLIndentured Well-Known Member

It’s the same everywhere friend

2. LTLIndentured

Any inside info on the best way to get a feeder job?

3. LTLAnonymous

LTLAnonymous Well-Known Member

I can't private message you, but I would just say that it depends on your area, whether your local terminals hire off the steeet. And in times of driver shortage, they may make a concession to get a good driver.

And the hiring process is the same way you got in at UPS Freight. upsjobs.com.

They may have you do a round of seasonal work, maybe two. But if you do well, you should be able to get hired FT.

Now would be the time to lay the groundwork for getting in, because we are gearing up for peak season.

4. LTLIndentured

Thanks friend, but I’m not in ups freight. Currently at Southeastern with over 2 decades experience. Your guys make so much more once topped out that I cant keep ignoring it. Not sure how to do seasonal though. Can’t live off 3 or 4 months worth of work

LTLAnonymous likes this.
  5. LTLAnonymous

It's not easy. A big part of why I was able to come to Brown is my wife making a good living at her career. We have finally gotten to wear a good week for me pays just about as much as her average week, so it's getting better. But it hasn't been easy.

The new contract, if it passes, will address how back-loaded the existing contract is. As it stands, the first two years really hurt.

LTLIndentured likes this.
  6. LTLAnonymous

And sorry, I thought you were the guy who drove for UPS Freight. I got confused.

Definitely check the UPS jobs website. Sometimes lately they have been hiring right off the street, without seasonal. Anyone who has that opportunity presented to them should jump at it.

LTLIndentured likes this.
  7. maxicoze

maxicoze Active Member

Still looking for all-daytime, no dockwork bs, road runs.

Willing to re-locate.

Please advise.

8. maxicoze

maxicoze Active Member

P.S.
    Don't have time to post the last check, but it was $1573.59 doing niteliner b.s.

2) richmond = bichmond i will address estrogen poisoning and other unfortunate situations in the workplace as well as my thoughts on diversity when there is time.

Harristown = grumpytown.

All other terminals are ok, although Baltimore, a.k.a. the dungeon, is too dark----need to get some lights on the dock, son. Also Brooklyn is too dark as well, although interesting.

Crumudgeon and Frootloop like this.
  9. Frootloop

Frootloop Well-Known Member

n

Estrogen poisoning, lmao! The world has been poisoned with it and we as men have unfortunately allowed it to get to this point.

10. maxicoze

maxicoze Active Member

[​IMG]

11. Eagles fan

Eagles fan Member

Maxicore what terminal are you out of? I am out of Pennsauken 292

12. maxicoze

maxicoze Active Member

i don't want to say out of privacy, but i'm in the same region. And yes, i've been to Pennsauken many times; i don't know how you guys function in such a crowded yard?

13. Eagles fan

Eagles fan Member

I don't know when was the last time you were here..b but it's unbelievable how hard it is to move around at times..and the weekends it's worse

14. Mr Perfect 01

Mr Perfect 01 Active Member

I thought you guys grossed around 2k every week. Is this normal for freight drivers?

15. maxicoze

maxicoze Active Member

Some drivers DO gross 2K a week, but they get more miles or have a niteliner run with lots of miles and/or dockwork. My last check i believe was niteliner B.S.; Run 250 miles a night, dork around on the dock for a few hours, come home, wash rinse and repeat.

i was extra-board since i started. The above check that week i had to sub in for another driver who was out. i just got a dedicated run, no dockwork. Like 400 miles a night. So, we'll see what it comes out to. i think at least $1700 gross.

Mr Perfect 01 likes this.
  16. Mr Perfect 01

Mr Perfect 01 Active Member

That's more what I expected. Good for you driver

17. maxicoze

maxicoze Active Member

i don't have time to post a check, i think the last one was also $1500 or so, but could have been $1700.

i suppose i should post some strike related info:
    Last week:
    Grumpytown (aka harristown) was even more chaotic and hectic than it usually was with even less room to move----which is really saying something.............

Philly was a mess. Then, again phillys always a mess, and as usual, they worked thru it efficiently and relatively quickly.

Baltimore was like a ghost-town.

Hagerstown (md.) was confused.

Irwin (pa) was also like a ghost-town. Was sort of like going to the twilight zone.....

Apostolic likes this.
  18. abfempm

abfempm Well-Known Member

19. abfempm

abfempm Well-Known Member

checks you guys are posting from two or three years ago

20. maxicoze

maxicoze Active Member

Excuse me, sir?