TForce | UPS Freight Driver Dies In Accident At The St Louis Service Center

Credits
I was told there was a accident at the St Louis MO service center early this morning.

A Kansas City KS road driver was hit by the jockey truck and has died.

Our thoughs and prayers go out to his family.

Anyone having any more info please post it so everyone can know the details.

He was hit by a jockey very early this morning. He was very close to retirement as well. I do not know if posting his name is alright so I won't do so.

Suits were every where today looking for safety infractions. Ladies and gentlemen please be careful out there.

Equalizer

Man this is very sad....I am sure someones head will roll for this.......The orange vests maybe stupid looking but if gets some ones attention......Might not be so stupid after all....

We are not supposed to go over something so small....Not just doing your thing...R.I.P. and I pray for his family.....Life sucks sometimes......

When I ran a Norwood MO(KAN-MEM) turn he was my meet man and you could not ask for a finner one. He would help you in anyway he could. Never said a bad word about anyone. God bless.

My condolences to the family. This sounds like such a tragic accident.

Lets not forget the driver of the yard horse. I'm sure he's dealing with his own issues from this accident

I'm reading these posts now,and have sent my prayer out to comfort all involved,as well as asking God to keep the rest of us focused on what we are doing in our daily activities.

My heart and prayer's go out to all of those involved, particularly the departed gentalman. I must say as stupid as some of these saftey issues is, GREEZY you are rite , if it saves a life, it's worth it....:1036316054:

My thoughts go out to all involved in this accident.
The first thing that comes to my mind with an accident like this is that with all the time studying and pressure of getting things done in such a short unrealistic amount of time, more traggic accidents will follow. Our false saftey program will not stop accidents from happening when everyone is rushing around, Instead of paying attention and getting the job done safe and right.

Let's remember it was an accident, but that doesn't change the outcome. We must all strive to be safe in our workplace, on the road, the dock or yard.
May this gentleman be in a better place, and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family in this difficult time in their life.

Truckingboards staff sends our condolences to the family and friends

God Bless

This is terrible. We had the same thing happen here a few years ago. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Thanks a lot for posting the news link for this accident hillbilly frog.

I think BusterNite has hit the nail on the head.
When the company harps on safety,than sets time limits on performance they are contradicting themselves.

Whenever we truckers have to pick up the pace,we are wide open to fail to be completey focused on doing everything safely.

This accident is the result of either the driver that died,or the jokey not being totally focused on what they were doing,or where they were going?

In my opinion as a UPS Freight driver trainer. This is the very sad results of not being totally focused,on taking the time to do everything safe.

thoughts and prayers to all those involed in this accident this should be a wake up to all truck drivers and yard workers fom every company to put safty first speed second