TForce | UPS Freight Union Vote

wassesname said:
Cfer asked what you consiter a large majority...you answer 15. I ask a simple question, 15 what (twice) never got an answer. 15%, 1500, 15 people, 15 terms 15 states 15 of your friends, what

"Rep power". The question to be awnsered he must not understand.

Skeeter said:
I can care less about a man spelling. He was being a butt and I was giving it back. Plain and simple. But thanks for your two cents worth.:horse: :smillie_flag:

Hey, no problem...but I think we need to re-negotiate the contract.
That quality post was worth more than two cents.:hysterical:

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
Skeeter, If your going to criticize a man for incorrect spelling...the least you could do is get them all right yourself....LOL.

unintelligent(spelled correctly)......I'll even use it in a sentence......

People who use improper grammar while trying to correct someone else's spelling appear to be unintelligent.
:Duel:

Bravo, Bravo, Bravo.:gathering:

I'd join the AARP, AAA, AT&T, AA, ATA, ATF or any of the other A's before I would waste my time joining APWA. What a joke!! UPS invited the IBT to sit down to the talks and not some fly by night so called union.

Accelerator said:
I have alway's lived by the cliche', take the good with the bad, The track record's
1. teamster's . a proven one
2. may not be good one but better than nothing ( APWA).
3. If the company does go union, I would rather have some union with experience, than some union just looking to add stripes with no leverage to thier shoulder's.
4. with no leverage, comes irresposibility. If you go into a coartroom because you are being sued, Do you go unprepared?.
5. What is the proven track record of the APWA. NONE!!!!!
6. I would consider a move as such irresponsible on our part considering we are looking for our best interest's.

And as I have described in the paragragh you quoted, There is no record!!!!.

A bunch of irresponsible people looking to gain leverage against a company and a union they despised!!!!! This is the entity I want to represent me. Without Doubt!!!!! Better off skydiving without a parachute.

You're probably right Accelerator...

Hey, no problem...but I think we need to re-negotiate the contract.
That quality post was worth more than two cents.:hysterical:

Yes, I agree you got me...:busted_blue:

Accelerator said:
Hey I am like wassesname, If you hate us why are you here?

I don't hate anyone. I can get fired up like the next guy. But if I am wrong I'll be the first to admit it. So just let me say I'm sorry now and we can go on:smillie_flag:

One of my co-workers put copies of a newspaper artical from the Charelston Gazit.
It was about UPS,and the Teamsters working out a contract with UPS Freight in INDY.
I scaned it,most of it was about whats already been posted on these boards since when they first voted to be organized.
But the end said the Teamsters hoped to have the contract completed by early 2007.
So according to this news paper,maybe we will see whats going on after the first of the year?

Skeeter, If your going to criticize a man for incorrect spelling...the least you could do is get them all right yourself....LOL.

People who use improper grammar while trying to correct someone else's spelling appear to be unintelligent.
Damn that is funny!!!!!!!! Sorry for the one liner and all but culdnt resysist......

I'm not computer savy to be able to posts links to news stories.
But I'll see if I can find this artical about the negociations.
It was only written a few days ago.

We have a table in our drivers room that when any of us has some news we leave in on this table for all to see when they get a chance.

Only thing is my TM is a clean freak.
Sometimes stuff is on the table for up to a week,or more,but other times it gets tossed out before everyone gets to see it.

I looked for this story today,but it was gone.
So I'll see if I can get the guy that brought it in to get another copy.
Than I can post more details.

:roll1::roll1::mf_monkey: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Good one UPSF

Apostolic said:
The way it was explaned to me at the local union meeting I attended.
My first 20 years of Teamster service is frozen when I took my withdrawl card.
As of now I have 20 years at Overnite.
Now whenever a contract is ratified,excepted,and signed for by UPS,also the intire UPS Freight has to be Teamsters.
With all of those terms in place.
My next Teamster years restart making me just like any new Teamster just starting out.
Now from that date,if I work another 5 years I will get 2 years for one years worked because of their organizing deal.
But if I don't make it to at least 5 more complete years,I will have earned no pension from the time the contract was signed off by UPS,till I leave the company.

Say I only work 4 more years.I'll get the old 20 Teamster years,also whatever Overnite/UPS Freights pension earned,that would have stopped when the Teamster pension started,but won't receive any credit for the additional 4 years.

But I'm not going to worry about it.

I'm still very healthy Thank God, and can still keep up with the work.
Also believe it or not,I still very much enjoy being a P&D driver.

If I'm able to make it the 5 years I'll receive the old union 20 yr.credit plus 20yr. Overnite,UPS Freight,and 10 more for the 5 Teamster yrs.,on the 2 for 1 deal.
But if I don't make the 5 years more.
Than I'll get 20 union 20 Overnite,but no additional union pension.

Well thats the jest of what I learned from my local Teamster Represenitives.
APO why did you get out? Job change? Or the company shut down? Getting a withdrawal card was a real real good thing to do.

I worked for Hall's Motor Transit,from 7/66,till they closed their doors 3/86.
Than I worked day,and evening shifts at 10 local Teamster companies.
I almost got on the fultime clock at Consolidated Freightways.
But popped a low phone line,and that was the end of that.
I called the local union for help,they didn't want to hear anything I had to say.

I've posted a lot of this before.

It was very hard for me competing with younger drivers.
So when I couldn't get any help from my local,union rep.'s.

I gave up,and hired on with Overnite.

Had I got on with CF,I'd of had 30 years union credit in 1997.
But thats life.

God only knows why things go the way they do.
When I make Heaven my home,the Bible states I'll know all things.
It won't matter than,but I'm sure it will be interesting,to see why things got worked out for my own good.