XPO | UPS wage increase

My point was there are different areas of trucking some pay more then others. Just because we are all truck drivers doesn't mean we work in the same area.
Pardon me for not getting your point.....the quotes you quoted pertained to the disparity in pay between drivers and baseball players..I'm all for closing that gap.....maybe next contract we can close that gap a bit....LMFAO

I think this is the last year of their contract someone can correct me if I’m wrong

The Union is already telling people to save up for a possible strike.
Oct 2023 is the end of the contract and as a UPS teamster who attends all the union meetings and was a steward at one time before I went to a team truck, no one from the union has told me to save for a possible strike.

Oct 2023 is the end of the contract and as a UPS teamster who attends all the union meetings and was a steward at one time before I went to a team truck, no one from the union has told me to save for a possible strike.
Their business is still growing. I don’t see it happening.

Strike or not , you should save. Should a person save for a possible bankruptcy of , and/or mismanagement of the company they work for?

Most of us ( union or non-union ) have delt with cuts in pay and benefits.

Personally , I think it's silly to blame your fellow coworkers when ( even at a union company ) the workers have little control.

Honestly , with so many ways to communicate , it's amazing how little you know or understand about exactly what moves the company you work for is making.

The rumors have been out there for YEARS that Con-way was days away from shutting down like it's sister company Consolidated Freightways during the toughest days of the recession.

That would have been tough , because there was no warning ( Hey! We're on the ropes and are about to get knocked out! ) And to this day , no proof has ever been shown that this is true...

The rumors have been out there for YEARS that Con-way was days away from shutting down like it's sister company Consolidated Freightways
I have talked to a few big shots from that era and they claim that was nothing more than rumors. I have never heard anyone validate that. The public numbers pretty much echo that.

The one thing that is not brought up is there Uniform and personal appearance policy. Just look around here at XPO. Yes we have alot of new employees that don't have uniforms yet, but look at the one that do. Ask yourself when was the last time you saw a UPS driver wearing red sneakers, pink socks, a hat other then a approved UPS hat. Hell I still see drivers wearing con-way stuff. I sure many of you remember the days when the company held you to a dress standard and had no problem writing you up and sending you home when you were out of uniform.
You want to be paid as a professional then act and dress like one.

The one thing that is not brought up is there Uniform and personal appearance policy. Just look around here at XPO. Yes we have alot of new employees that don't have uniforms yet, but look at the one that do. Ask yourself when was the last time you saw a UPS driver wearing red sneakers, pink socks, a hat other then a approved UPS hat. Hell I still see drivers wearing con-way stuff. I sure many of you remember the days when the company held you to a dress standard and had no problem writing you up and sending you home when you were out of uniform.
I agree 100% and would like to add that the company should enforce the rules that they make.

I agree 100% and would like to add that the company should enforce the rules that they make.
These are the problems you have when the wokeness takes over. They are to worried about offending someone. That's why I not in mangement, I wont last a week. There are many time even the management does even follow the policies
These companies take anyone they can get and look the other way. We got guys that shouldn't operate a pallet jack let alone a forklift.

These are the problems you have when the wokeness takes over. They are to worried about offending someone. That's why I not in mangement, I wont last a week. There are many time even the management does even follow the policies
These companies take anyone they can get and look the other way. We got guys that shouldn't operate a pallet jack let alone a forklift.
Once again I agree but these things were going on before "wokeness"

That's the truth. You NEVER see a sloppy UPS driver. They are in 100% approved dress code 100% of the time.

Fedex Ground?
Pfft! Any and every colored footwear, pants sagging, LA Lakers hat on backwards, shirts untucked and 3 sizes too big. Perpetually on their phones. Total $hitshow.
I don't for the life of me know why Fx puts up with it.

Actually, I understand perfectly. They have to take the quality level of employee they're willing to pay for. They pay garbage, so they employ garbage. UPS gets paid far and above anyone else for a reason. They apparently don't tolerate BS, and the drivers that don't meet their standards are apparently weeded out quickly. UPS can demand a better class lf worker, and they're willing to pay them for it.

The cola raise we received was not because UPS is afraid of a strike. It was contractually agreed to. We use the inflation numbers and pop it into a formula.

And yes, we try to have a good reputation out there. Appearance, actions, everything. It can be a tough place to work in some respects for some people, but I fit in perfectly. I'll retire from here.

That's the truth. You NEVER see a sloppy UPS driver. They are in 100% approved dress code 100% of the time.

Fedex Ground?
Pfft! Any and every colored footwear, pants sagging, LA Lakers hat on backwards, shirts untucked and 3 sizes too big. Perpetually on their phones. Total $hitshow.
I don't for the life of me know why Fx puts up with it.

Actually, I understand perfectly. They have to take the quality level of employee they're willing to pay for. They pay garbage, so they employ garbage. UPS gets paid far and above anyone else for a reason. They apparently don't tolerate BS, and the drivers that don't meet their standards are apparently weeded out quickly. UPS can demand a better class lf worker, and they're willing to pay them for it.
FedEx ground are sub-contractors... You get what you pay for.
On the other had Express and Freight are in uniform..

wow,that's interesting,where you get the numbers
Numbers I'm seeing are 369k for XPO vs 200k for UPS.

Numbers I'm seeing are 369k for XPO vs 200k for UPS.

Same place you got your UPS info :

White shirts, brown pants. Back when we looked and acted like professional drivers.

Same place you got your UPS info :

That's a huge difference, between 44,000 employees and 10,000.

I suppose the answer would depend on how many employees XPO and UPS actually have.

I was just talking about this to a buddy of mine. We have seen the stead decline in uniform wearing. And it not just people hired after the purchase. If runs the gambit. This to me shows we hire the wrong management. By this I mean they either want to be good buddies with everyone or they are not management and just CSR

That's a huge difference, between 44,000 employees and 10,000.

I suppose the answer would depend on how many employees XPO and UPS actually have.
Don’t know, but even the number at 44,000 Xpo still makes quite a bit more per employee. Every time in the past that I have brought up this In the past everybody always shouts that UPS makes more money that’s why they pay higher. Well it seem using either number Xpo makes substantially more money off our backs. So why are we paid less?

Its really simple for you to understand. Most workers do not want the unions because the unions back Demoncrats. Maybe if the unions got out of politics and into its members, more would be enticed to join.