SAIA | Voluntary Furlough

Bob and Rufus were the best.....Bob retired and I haven't talk to Rufus in months. Janet & Lola is mostly who I talk to in the HST region.
Yep, I never dealt with Bob or Rufus, but Lola yes, she is cool too, another one I liked working for is Curtiss, he isn't central but he is like the main dispatcher for the LAX region, every time I landed in his neck of the woods he got me going on some good runs, never got stuck doing short haul shuttles in the basin which I guess could happen sometimes.

Bob and Rufus were the best.....Bob retired and I haven't talk to Rufus in months. Janet & Lola is mostly who I talk to in the HST region.
Mike in there is great. But in the afternoons when I call in and get Rufus he always ended the call with "I got you big dawg!"

Hello, I am new on the forum, and in my Terminal I been offered voluntary furlough by my TM.

now it has been kind of slow here and they been asking for volunteers to stay home maybe 2 or 3 days out of the week on a consistent basis.

out of those days I probably volunteer for 2 of them as long as those days are not on the same pay period.

I am lucky enough that I can afford to miss days without pay, I still have a week personal and a week vacation left.

my question is, should I go for the voluntary furlough? You guys think that that would look bad? Will they call me back?

letter says I am able to collect unemployment benefits as well.

thanks.
I took two weeks. Came right back to work. Saia kept their word.

So does Saia still have bunk houses?? At OD they closed the last 2 they had right when I started so I always stayed in a hotel... that may be a dealbreaker for me coming on board...

So does Saia still have bunk houses?? At OD they closed the last 2 they had right when I started so I always stayed in a hotel... that may be a dealbreaker for me coming on board...

I did got the called back after being furlough for a month. However I got tired of their bull**** and finally quit. So can’t help you there.

Once i had a skid of (4) 55 gallon drums out on the end of the lift gate and the band snapped and two went right off the end. And that was only around 2000. That was a day i damn near ::shit:: myself.

Once i had a skid of (4) 55 gallon drums out on the end of the lift gate and the band snapped and two went right off the end. And that was only around 2000. That was a day i damn near :::shit::: myself.
I might add that the following week they wanted me to bring a tote down on the lift gate. I refused and a few weeks later i retired. Customers with no forklift or dock have no business ordering totes IMO. I’ve done it but after i lost those drums i simply refused. You can easily be killed if you’re not extremely careful. No amount of money is worth my life. Fortunately no one was hurt on the drums and they didn’t burst either so despite it all .... it was a good day.