FedEx Freight | Wal-Mart starting drivers at $110k,AND paying for them to get their CDL.

No F-bdy Bs

TB Veteran
Credits
Quite a few drivers at my old terminal have their ears perked up at this.
Anyone know anyone, or have any experience working for Wal Mart as a Class A driver?

That's as high as some of the best FxF road runs, and nearly TWICE the pay of their city guys, especially in the bottom scale markets.

Fx is about to hemorrhage drivers as more companies step up the compensation, while Fx stagnates

I've worked for Walmart, but not as a driver. I have nothing bad to say about the company. The 401K is a 100% match of 6%. You can buy company stock at a 15% discount and you get a 10% discount in stores and online, except for groceries. The health/dental is very similar to what we get at FedEx.

Depending on location, I see they're offering an 8k -to 12k bonus. You will be working on weekends and holidays. The only holiday that they shutdown on is Christmas.

They're offering home daily positions and I've been thinking about giving them a call, but I'm on the fence. I'm not a fan of driver facing cameras and I've gotten comfortable at FedEx. That seniority thing is a mind fudger.

Quite a few drivers at my old terminal have their ears perked up at this.
Anyone know anyone, or have any experience working for Wal Mart as a Class A driver?

That's as high as some of the best FxF road runs, and nearly TWICE the pay of their city guys, especially in the bottom scale markets.

Fx is about to hemorrhage drivers as more companies step up the compensation, while Fx stagnates

You will NEVER be home!!! Trust me

I agree with others, you will never be home.

Thats why I say there is no money in this trucking at 110,000 or even 150,000.

The school expense is a tax write off for Corporate. Benefits the student nothing if the school is not on DMV approved list for CDL A.

Essentially Walmart is trying to regurgitate things that were tried 30 years ago to attract drivers and it worked to a certain point....

However these days I expect workers want to have a life at home and trucking is not it.

WHAT walmart CAN do is ditch the sleeper trucks switch to day cab and relay the trailers all over their system. You go out from your DC to another DC and come back with a trailer for your DC for the night.

They always tell you what they will pay you. But zero is said about what YOU the prospect will PAY to earn that.

Food, Showers, Scales, tolls (Not approved) fines and all sorts of other expenses just to move and stay in a truck on their dispatch. Its expensive. Factor in the taxes that will eat half that income and you are left with very little relatively speaking unless you were like me, no property, no bills, no responisbility pulling on that money.

I have a friend who went there about 4 years ago and loves it. Yes he's out for 4½ days then he's off 2½ days he's got 5 weeks PTO and they have no attendance policy. They get fed regularly and don't get crapped on. He left UPS Freight and has never looked back.

My friend drives for Walmart. The high pay is true. However the catch is almost half of the 110k is made up of quarterly safety bonuses. Meaning any type of incident and you lose your bonus for the entire quarter which is a lot of money. And it's paid in a lump sum so it's taxed heavy. That's according to him. If you're young no kids no wife no mortgage it's probably a great opportunity if you don't mind being gone.

I have a friend who went there about 4 years ago and loves it. Yes he's out for 4½ days then he's off 2½ days he's got 5 weeks PTO and they have no attendance policy. They get fed regularly and don't get crapped on. He left UPS Freight and has never looked back.
Well…… UPS Freight and FEDEX Freight are two different animals. Can’t use that comparison. You see ones not here right? Guess you can say…… he saw the future!!

Money does you no good if your never home , wasted to much of life at work and never being home and many drivers can relate to this missing your Kids events & wife leaving you for never being home ! Choose Home life over money before your kids are grown up & gone ...................

Under my bike in my bike in my leathers on the floor ?
In 1972, on my second cross-country motorcycle trip (this one with my then gal-friend), we were planning on staying overnight at a campground near Newhall, CA before reaching LA. We couldn't locate the supposed campground and when we stopped for gas at a Shell station there the owner offered us use of a station wagon behind the building as a place to sleep overnight. So that's where we spent the night.

Next day we toured Universal Studios. On the way in to see live broadcast of Robert Q. Lewis radio broadcast they asked each audience member to write on an index card the most unusual thing that happened recently. Of course I wrote that we spent the previous night in an old car. Needless to say I was called up to the microphone to tell my story which I nervously managed to get out without fumbling too badly. :smile new:

Money does you no good if your never home , wasted to much of life at work and never being home and many drivers can relate to this missing your Kids events & wife leaving you for never being home ! Choose Home life over money before your kids are grown up & gone ...................
You’re wife told me that long ago, partner. Said you have missed at least 15% of the kids ball games.

In 1972, on my second cross-country motorcycle trip (this one with my then gal-friend), we were planning on staying overnight at a campground near Newhall, CA before reaching LA. We couldn't locate the supposed campground and when we stopped for gas at a Shell station there the owner offered us use of a station wagon behind the building as a place to sleep overnight. So that's where we spent the night.

Next day we toured Universal Studios. On the way in to see live broadcast of Robert Q. Lewis radio broadcast they asked each audience member to write on an index card the most unusual thing that happened recently. Of course I wrote that we spent the previous night in an old car. Needless to say I was called up to the microphone to tell my story which I nervously managed to get out without fumbling too badly. :smile new:
Did you visit Knotsberry Farm too?

Well…… UPS Freight and FEDEX Freight are two different animals. Can’t use that comparison. You see ones not here right? Guess you can say…… he saw the future!!
No their really not LTL freight is LTL freight all companies have their quirks some pay more some fit the particular drivers personality better but if you pulled 1 set you've pulled them all.