Holland | We Are Getting The Largest Raise In Ltl History

Its still a wage cut because the pension is not coming back I now have to put 20% into a 401k so I am now taking an even bigger wage cut just to have a chance at being able to retire.
Not exactly
ABF And UPSF both pay full pay into the pension and with your upcoming interview along with the 100 others at 309 you won't have to contribute anything out of pocket
Being a man of your word they'll definitely hire an honest upstanding gentleman like yourself
Now the other 100 interviews in not sure, some of them may be BSing and just saying they're leaving and have interviews
But not an honest man like yourself
You're leaving

Stock bonuses have nothing to due with our revenue nor our day to day operations. They have paid down over 300 million in debt .
They have paid around 1 Billion in interest in the last ten years.
Why would one consider this sub par wages and continue working here?
27 per hour with no time and a half and crappy insurance would be more sub par.
You couldn't pay ne 40 dollars and hour to be at the bottom again!!

My pay at OD has gone from .$53 to $.67 per mile in 5 years... over a 20% wage increase. Insurance premiums have gone up a few dollars a week but not that much.
Congratulations
That's amazing
Be thankful and enjoy the blessings in your favor
Old Dominion is a great company, They pay more than YRC and you all just got another raise to boot
I feel the same way about my tenure at YRC as well, thankful and blessed to be able to adequately support my family and be respected and not feel like I'm picked on at work or called in the office for bs as one Guy put it
Enjoy your raise as I will do the same

Super..I ain’t gonna go back and forth with you .You were saying the same thing before you left.

And that I truly respect about you.You didn’t like the situation you were in and instead of sticking around whining and bitching and making everyone miserable you left like a man.

Trust me bro, most of us dreamed about getting hired here for the defined pension benefit.It sucks..it sucks bad but sometimes life ain’t fair.
We are gonna have to deal with it the best we can.

Cuts should have been made long ago to keep it sustainable.For that, a lot of the fault falls on our union.

All things considered I think this is a very good job compared to the alternatives in our industry.

Keep trucking dude and be careful out there.
Looks like we may be responsible for paying what we owe the pension fund cuz of the contract we let ride strong language

Congratulations
That's amazing
Be thankful and enjoy the blessings in your favor
Old Dominion is a great company, They pay more than YRC and you all just got another raise to boot
I feel the same way about my tenure at YRC as well, thankful and blessed to be able to adequately support my family and be respected and not feel like I'm picked on at work or called in the office for bs as one Guy put it
Enjoy your raise as I will do the same
Article 27 new language

falcon-you are always a sensible guy. Enjoy your posts. I’m just curious how many no voters are out applying for jobs and are there 20 something thousand jobs to be had if the company closes. I guess I don’t understand how I see so many people have been unhappy over the years and have still stayed and now are offered something better but now all of a sudden do not want what they are given and hope their company shuts down even though they keep going to work under the contract they hate right now. Ok. Go ahead haters. Call me a troll. Lol. Love you all.

How I hate to comment on here! "Offered something better?"
Bobtail bids earning $2 per hour less? 34 hour rest because YRCW cant locate any drivers to slave for $22 per hour?
I voted NO based upon the sacrifices our fallen Brothers gave in the past.
Resigned/retired 2 weeks ago, after 32 years.
Fed up. Union shoved a "company" proposal down ALL employees throats, using OUR dues to solicit my mail box.
Contribute to the 401k starting today, because pension contributions, at least on the West coast, will NEVER return.

Let me add Mr.Hawkins statements for 3rd quarter 2018.
The regional carriers reported their highest year-over-year increase in revenue per hundredweight excluding fuel in more than 10 years. However, our largest regional carrier with a footprint and one of the most competitive driver hiring markets in North America was forced to turn away profitable business due to compacts of the constraints, which along with fleet maintenance negatively impacted the overall regional segment results.

Last edited:
How I hate to comment on here! "Offered something better?"
Bobtail bids earning $2 per hour less? 34 hour rest because YRCW cant locate any drivers to slave for $22 per hour?
I voted NO based upon the sacrifices our fallen Brothers gave in the past.
Resigned/retired 2 weeks ago, after 32 years.
Fed up. Union shoved a "company" proposal down ALL employees throats, using OUR dues to solicit my mail box.
Contribute to the 401k starting today, because pension contributions, at least on the West coast, will NEVER return.

Let me add Mr.Hawkins statements for 3rd quarter 2018.
The regional carriers reported their highest year-over-year increase in revenue per hundredweight excluding fuel in more than 10 years. However, our largest regional carrier with a footprint and one of the most competitive driver hiring markets in North America was forced to turn away profitable business due to compacts of the constraints, which along with fleet maintenance negatively impacted the overall regional segment results.
Enjoy your retirement
You earned it
You got fed up and left with honor
SALUTE