ODFL | Weather the Storm or Jump Ship?

If you love trucking Lad then stick it out . Make the best of everyday , work hard , smart , be honest and most of all be safe . May the Good Lord Bless You in your travels . I wish you the very best , go get them driver !

SMOKESTACK :shift:

I told ya’lls this place slow and some line driver so high up on his board to even notice marked it off as bs and now look at the post coming in this place,,.. driver you might as well settle in the storm here since you never seen or listen to my warning bc everyone else even slower,,..

I told ya’lls this place slow and some line driver so high up on his board to even notice marked it off as bs and now look at the post coming in this place,,.. driver you might as well settle in the storm here since you never seen or listen to my warning bc everyone else even slower,,..
I applied for a line driver position at O D, the man asked if I had zero turn experience.
I'm wondering if Billy had anything to do with this.
Are you afraid of competition for your weekend trip?
I guess you want me to cut grass on weekends.

I applied for a line driver position at O D, the man asked if I had zero turn experience.
I'm wondering if Billy had anything to do with this.
Are you afraid of competition for your weekend trip?
I guess you want me to cut grass on weekends.
20-best-fictional-beers-2-1556672028-G3XM-column-width-inline.jpg

If you are worried then you need to get out of LTL..Part of the game ..You will have busy & slow times ..If you are not good with that I suggest getting out of LTL and go into grocery hauling..Was talking to a Sheetz driver over the weekend and they are making around $30 or so a hour here and are working on there days off at triple pay because they don’t have enough driver’s .I always said if I had to do it over I would have went into Grocery hauling.People gotta eat and job is very dependoable

If you are worried then you need to get out of LTL..Part of the game ..You will have busy & slow times ..If you are not good with that I suggest getting out of LTL and go into grocery hauling..Was talking to a Sheetz driver over the weekend and they are making around $30 or so a hour here and are working on there days off at triple pay because they don’t have enough driver’s .I always said if I had to do it over I would have went into Grocery hauling.People gotta eat and job is very dependoable
I left grocery 9 years ago to come work at OD. I should have left grocery in '98 to come work here.

I left grocery 9 years ago to come work at OD. I should have left grocery in '98 to come work here.
Glad it worked out for you..I would never recommend Od now because of all the overhiring and crap that is going on here..I have had a good run.But,if I had to do it over I would have never stayed and got out of LTL all together.Would have went into Grocery or Mail..My body can't take much more .I have had several surgeries and I'm putting off major back surgery because I know I will most likely not be able to return and pass agility test and doctors said recoup time will take atleast 4 to 6 months .Know OD will let me go because of length of recovery.

I worked for Reddaway 9 yrs. Then at Fedex Freight 16yrs. I finally gave LTL and trucking up in 2020 because of everything discussed in this thread. I now work in IT as a network engineer making $52.00/hr. no lie. I'll be making $70/hr a year and a half from now. There is no shortage of work any time in the year. Network engineers can make up to $90.00/hr. Cloud engineers make between $90,00-$180,00/yr.

Tech is the place to be. Excellent money. and it will take you 2 -3 months to get into. You have to study to get IT certificates, like, A+, Network+, CCNA, ETC... Easy to get into and there are plenty of open positions. (Shortage of people)

If you like computers, get into tech. I am 55 yrs old. Believe me, if I can do it you can too.

For those of you who can, GET OUT OF TRUCKING! You are wasting your time waiting by the phone to work and dealing with the other madness. I wish I did this 20 yrs. ago.

On YouTube check out Networkchuck, Black Heights - Advancing Your Career, he talks about getting into Tech Sales (The money is insane in sales). There are others who talk Tech on YouTube, thats how I got into it.

Listen to them on your next line run.

I worked for Reddaway 9 yrs. Then at Fedex Freight 16yrs. I finally gave LTL and trucking up in 2020 because of everything discussed in this thread. I now work in IT as a network engineer making $52.00/hr. no lie. I'll be making $70/hr a year and a half from now. There is no shortage of work any time in the year. Network engineers can make up to $90.00/hr. Cloud engineers make between $90,00-$180,00/yr.

Tech is the place to be. Excellent money. and it will take you 2 -3 months to get into. You have to study to get IT certificates, like, A+, Network+, CCNA, ETC... Easy to get into and there are plenty of open positions. (Shortage of people)

If you like computers, get into tech. I am 55 yrs old. Believe me, if I can do it you can too.

For those of you who can, GET OUT OF TRUCKING! You are wasting your time waiting by the phone to work and dealing with the other madness. I wish I did this 20 yrs. ago.

On YouTube check out Networkchuck, Black Heights - Advancing Your Career, he talks about getting into Tech Sales (The money is insane in sales). There are others who talk Tech on YouTube, thats how I got into it.

Listen to them on your next line run.
Will do! About had with trucking!

All the grocery houses around here eliminated their fleets, for contractors and low-end truckload fleets, many of those drivers refused to work for the truly awful wages of those contractors, and the ones that weren't old enough for pensions went to work for LTL'S

All the grocery houses around here eliminated their fleets, for contractors and low-end truckload fleets, many of those drivers refused to work for the truly awful wages of those contractors, and the ones that weren't old enough for pensions went to work for LTL'S
If there was ever a segment of trucking that companies should avoid,it should be grocery. The BS they put up with to get it delivered has always been a joke. I always said if I owned any trucks and my dispatcher took a grocery load, he would be fired. OK, my rant is over. Thanks for stopping by.

If there was ever a segment of trucking that companies should avoid,it should be grocery. The BS they put up with to get it delivered has always been a joke. I always said if I owned any trucks and my dispatcher took a grocery load, he would be fired. OK, my rant is over. Thanks for stopping by.
Exactly!! Love hearing the lady's in the office in the morning.lol..

And what would make you think I don't get canceled? Or have any idea of what I do here? I have a relay run that's dependent on freight coming from the southeast, if it doesn't come I don't go anywhere, the only difference between me and the junior man on this bid is I'm doing nothing in the daytime instead of at night. The only people not occasionally getting canceled here do terminal runs to the breakbulks. After forty years of being in this business I don't panic or think the company is on the verge of laying off every time the damn freight slows down.