FedEx Freight | What happened?

If you can not see that Amazon has cut into FedEx and UPS freight levels you are blind.

That wasn't your original point. You originally said

In my opinion.... Amazon has a lot to do with the profit margin

Now you're switching up arguments. Yes, Amazon reduced the number of packages v being delivered by FedEx and UPS. That's obvious, but it never effected the revenue of FedEx. FedEx made more money after dropping Amazon.

I'm still right and you're making a different argument now.

It is their product, they sell it because they're a retailer (as described by Amazon and fortune)
I do not agree.

Manipulating words and definitions is what you are doing.

Still the whole purpose of our rant is Amazon has affected FedEx and UPS freight levels.... You are saying that it isn't.

I do not agree.

Manipulating words and definitions is what you are doing.

Still the whole purpose of our rant is Amazon has affected FedEx and UPS freight levels.... You are saying that it isn't.

I am not manipulating anything. I quoted your words. I didn't take them out of context or change what you meant. If you misspoke, thats in you.

The original point was the revenue and profits. It's all a page back, go take a look.

I am not manipulating anything. I quoted your words. I didn't take them out of context or change what you meant. If you misspoke, thats in you.

The original point was the revenue and profits. It's all a page back, go take a look.
I have not misspoke.

FedEx and UPS delivery vans are not delivering packages to homes or businesses like they use to.

Amazon has affected their companies.

Instead of fed ex and ups delivering all the stuff bought and sold off of Amazon now Amazon does it themselves which has effected both ups and FedEx bottom line. Also when i go to a shippers to do and LTL pick up I see the lines of pallets that say ABF or XPO or Old Dominion and now you also will see Amazon Freight written on the pallet and Amazon has its own trucks and trailers doing P&D. Yes as far as I know they won’t pick up anything that’s not being sold through Amazon but Amazon is creeping up fast to possibly become a carrier anyone can chose to ship just like fedex and ups. But as of right now they have taken away business from every carrier by doing it themselves.

Instead of fed ex and ups delivering all the stuff bought and sold off of Amazon now Amazon does it themselves which has effected both ups and FedEx bottom line. Also when i go to a shippers to do and LTL pick up I see the lines of pallets that say ABF or XPO or Old Dominion and now you also will see Amazon Freight written on the pallet and Amazon has its own trucks and trailers doing P&D. Yes as far as I know they won’t pick up anything that’s not being sold through Amazon but Amazon is creeping up fast to possibly become a carrier anyone can chose to ship just like fedex and ups. But as of right now they have taken away business from every carrier by doing it themselves.

But it hasn't affected their bottom line. That's the point I keep going back to. Looking at the earnings reports from June 2019 (just before they dropped Amazon) and June 2020 ( 1 year later) they made more money than when they were serving Amazon.

Amazon can absolutely become a carrier in the future. I never disputed that or said it wasn't possible.

But it hasn't affected their bottom line. That's the point I keep going back to. Looking at the earnings reports from June 2019 (just before they dropped Amazon) and June 2020 ( 1 year later) they made more money than when they were serving Amazon.

Amazon can absolutely become a carrier in the future. I never disputed that or said it wasn't possible.
FedEx made $17.4 billion in revenue for the 2020 fiscal year’s fourth quarter, down from the $17.8 billion made the previous year’s quarter. Net income was an adjusted $663 million, well below $1.32 billion in 2019’s fourth quarter. The fourth quarter ended May 31.
This was holiday season so Amazon Shipping my their own stuff for the holidays hurt fed ex bottom line.

New York(CNN Business)Losing Amazon as a customer is weighing on FedEx's bottom line.

The delivery company on Tuesday posted a slight revenue decline and a 12% drop in operating income for the three months ending August 31, compared to the same period last year. Contributing to that decline, the company said, were global trade disputes, increased costs related to the expansion of its delivery services and the "loss of business from a large customer," a likely reference to Amazon.

I’m not sure exactly what the truth is but I get what your saying your seeing from 2019 to 2020 they had a larger amount of net earnings for 2020 Im not sure how they managed that but they had a lower total revenue 2020 than they did 2019. But the truth is Amazon is 3rd on the list of parcel Carrier volume and fed ex is 4th ups and usps rank 1 and 2. I have a buddy who is a FedEx express driver and he said Amazon doing their own shipping has hurt and slowed down fed ex

FedEx made $17.4 billion in revenue for the 2020 fiscal year’s fourth quarter, down from the $17.8 billion made the previous year’s quarter. Net income was an adjusted $663 million, well below $1.32 billion in 2019’s fourth quarter. The fourth quarter ended May 31.
This was holiday season so Amazon Shipping my their own stuff for the holidays hurt fed ex bottom line.

New York(CNN Business)Losing Amazon as a customer is weighing on FedEx's bottom line.

The delivery company on Tuesday posted a slight revenue decline and a 12% drop in operating income for the three months ending August 31, compared to the same period last year. Contributing to that decline, the company said, were global trade disputes, increased costs related to the expansion of its delivery services and the "loss of business from a large customer," a likely reference to Amazon.

I’m not sure exactly what the truth is but I get what your saying your seeing from 2019 to 2020 they had a larger amount of net earnings for 2020 Im not sure how they managed that but they had a lower total revenue 2020 than they did 2019. But the truth is Amazon is 3rd on the list of parcel Carrier volume and fed ex is 4th ups and usps rank 1 and 2. I have a buddy who is a FedEx express driver and he said Amazon doing their own shipping has hurt and slowed down fed ex

After they dropped Amazon, they picked up Walmart and offered free 2 day shipping. The enemy of my enemy is my friend type deal. I think that helped them, especially in 2020. It was a win-win for both corps because Walmart was worried about Amazon's growth and their struggle in e-commerce and FedEx is trying to hurt Amazon's bottom line.

As a consumer, I prefer Amazon over Walmart. Amazon has more options and if I do buy something from Walmart I just go buy it or place an order for store pickup.

That's the point I was trying to get across.

After they dropped Amazon, they picked up Walmart and offered free 2 day shipping. The enemy of my enemy is my friend type deal. I think that helped them, especially in 2020. It was a win-win for both corps because Walmart was worried about Amazon's growth and their struggle in e-commerce and FedEx is trying to hurt Amazon's bottom line.

As a consumer, I prefer Amazon over Walmart. Amazon has more options and if I do buy something from Walmart I just go buy it or place an order for store pickup.
See that’s understandable its what big business must do things happen u lose customers u gain customers or u need to do certain things to stay In business or to
Turn a profit. Overall Amazon doing things themselves has effected just about any company In shipping. It’s hurt a lot of companies or made them do things they wouldn’t have had to do if they still used them to ship and it has also helped some companies by giving them work such as LTL carriers that help move their LTL products from the seller to Amazon warehouses. Overall Amazon has had a big effect on logistics overall. When I go to the rail yard now there is hundreds of amazon intermodal containers. And like i said when Im doing P&D in the city I see amazon next to me doing the same thing.