FedEx Freight | What happened?

We don't really do truckload freight, and that has nothing to do with the point you think you are trying to make.
Overall parcel volume was 21.2 billion units in 2022, down from 21.7 billion in 2021, Pitney Bowes reported. All four major carriers tracked – UPS, FedEx, the U.S. Postal Service and Amazon Logistics – saw volume declines, but FedEx was the largest, down 4.8% to 4.1 billion pieces.Mar 31, 2023

This right here kind of shows u the point he was trying to make. Fedex at the bottom and they wouldn’t be if it wasn’t for Amazon. We all know you guys don’t do truckload it was just a reference to show what’s going on. Amazon taking away business from everyone by doing things themselves

This right here kind of shows u the point he was trying to make. Fedex at the bottom and they wouldn’t be if it wasn’t for Amazon. We all know you guys don’t do truckload it was just a reference to show what’s going on. Amazon taking away business from everyone by doing things themselves

But that wasn't the point he was making and it's all there in writing.

This started when I told GO40 that express and ground were barely in the black with 1-5 percent OMs. He chimed in and said that's because of Amazon. Very far from the point we're at now. My argument was and still is that Amazon has nothing to do with it because they don't offer the same service and secondly the OM is more about money management than revenue.

As for the parcel count, FedEx would probably still be at the bottom without Amazon.

For FedEx ground.... Smartpost division.... Which a one time was busting at the seams. Now they are not. Because of the loss of the Amazon account.

In conclusion.... My point is most people buy their products though Amazon.... Not online search....not search out on the Internet. Amazon is the tool most people are using just like Google which directs them to Amazon most of the time.

This means less products..... Packages go through FedEx Express, FedEx ground, FedEx ground smartpost and UPS.

UPS even had a division called UPS Sure Post. I don't know if they even have it anymore. It was used to handle Amazon in the early days just like FedEx ground smartpost.

surePost and smartpost was both delivered by the post office.

When Holland closed my terminal I went to work for FedEx ground smartpost..... Pulled pack full 53 footers from Pittsburgh to Buffalo, sometimes Rochester. A minimum of 3 loads to each every day. Now I think they are lucky to have enough to send one.

I still keep in contact with some of my friends from there so this is how I know. Also was told regular FedEx ground is very slow right now.... Unusual for this time of the year.... Probably because of the slow economy.

Last edited:
FedEx smartpost ceased to exist a few years ago. It's now FedEx ground economy and the packages move through the FedEx ground network.

FedEx smartpost ceased to exist a few years ago. It's now FedEx ground economy and the packages move through the FedEx ground network.
That is true.... Just about the time I left ground p&d drivers were taking on the smartpost deliveries because of the slow up.

They still have the smartpost buildings though.... Not sure if they still call it a smartpost building.... Maybe just another ground facility.

You also realize that Amazon has contracts to move certain products that they sell but is still at a retail facility. Hence maybe we moved it before but not now. There is no way Amazon warehouses everything they sell.

You also realize that Amazon has contracts to move certain products that they sell but is still at a retail facility. Hence maybe we moved it before but not now. There is no way Amazon warehouses everything they sell.

And starting next year, they'll be selling cars.

Every other truck on i-10 is pulling a Amazon 90 cent a mile load.
Shipper, carrier and depending on where you live deliver your package out of a Amazon branded van or box truck.

You’d think civilians would notice how poorly most Azon guys drive & curtail their purchases. Cheap azz consumers lacking principles I guess. I remember when a phone call regarding your driving was a serious offense (at a union shop).

Amazon is a retailer, not a shipper. They have very little impact on the numbers of FedEx, UPS etc.
Simply not true at all. Even if what you say is spot on it doesn’t mean they don’t effect other carriers numbers. All that 💩 you see driving down the highway in Amazon prime trailers is 💩 that ain’t in fedex, ups etc etc trailers . All the merchandise that is in the multiple Amazon delivery vehicles in any neighborhood is all merchandise somebody else used to deliver. When I started here long ago the parcel divisions were the money makers. They aren’t anymore.

Last edited:
Simply not true at all. Even if what you say is spot on it doesn’t mean they don’t effect other carriers numbers. All that 💩 you see driving down the highway in Amazon prime trailers is 💩 that ain’t in fedex, ups etc etc trailers. 🤦‍♂️

I've explained this in detail, I'm not doing it again.

And starting next year, they'll be selling cars.

Do not buy a Hyundai they had some models with bad engines and didn't do a recall. A lot of folks got screwed by them. Look it it up there is a whole facebook page dedicated to their stories.

Simply not true at all. Even if what you say is spot on it doesn’t mean they don’t effect other carriers numbers. All that 💩 you see driving down the highway in Amazon prime trailers is 💩 that ain’t in fedex, ups etc etc trailers . All the merchandise that is in the multiple Amazon delivery vehicles in any neighborhood is all merchandise somebody else used to deliver. When I started here long ago the parcel divisions were the money makers. They aren’t anymore.
Spot on Sir. Stimpy tried repeatedly to make this point. Amazon may not be a shipper, per se, but no other carrier ships their massive volume.

Amazon has some dangerous drivers. Have had a few come over in my lane. I stay on high alert when i see them. There frikin home delivery people are dumb as rocks. If i order something i want it delivered by U.P.S or Fed Ex at least they put on my porch. I think amazon just tosses it out even when its raining they just don't care.

You’d think civilians would notice how poorly most Azon guys drive & curtail their purchases. Cheap azz consumers lacking principles I guess. I remember when a phone call regarding your driving was a serious offense (at a union shop).
They started placing signs (how's my driving, call 1 800 2 advise).
They lasted about a month, they were painted over or scrapped off.
If they were too high, the shop guys would get on a ladder with a spray can.

Ive been called in on before. I told the terminal manager what about my side of the story and she replied you don't have a side. I was told not to let it happen again.