FedEx Freight | What is your main reason to vote in a union at FedEx Freight ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Bumping the gear breaks the glad hands off the trailer or you can pinch the airlines on the gear. The same guys that do this are the same guys that will put that gear right back instead of putting it in the dead line.

I have bumped the dolly for the 15 years that I have pulled doubles and triples. I have never broken a glad hand. I must be doing it wrong.

Guardrail

If any of these has happened to you more then once a year, you should look for another line of work. If you can't make it out of the yard I sure don't want you on the road with me. Get a spotter if you need to. You take your keys out of your car evertime you get out. Bumping the gear breaks the glad hands off the trailer or you can pinch the airlines on the gear. The same guys that do this are the same guys that will put that gear right back instead of putting it in the dead line. If you want to fight for raises or Power only or insurance I'm with you. But If drive like a third rate driver you should be treated like one.

I never take the keys out of any of my vehicles...locks only keep the honest people honest. If someone wants your possessions, they're gonna get them. I figured at least this way, when I get the car back, I won't have to replace a broken window and an ignition column.

I have bumped the dolly for the 15 years that I have pulled doubles and triples. I have never broken a glad hand. I must be doing it wrong.

Guardrail

Good for you. Sounds like you have experience on your side. Some drivers at FedEx don't have that kind of time in. FedEx makes rules for the exception not the rule. You should know that as much as anyone. Would you have risked that 15 years of service or would you simply do as you are asked and stop 2 inches shorter? I just can't believe this is that important. These are the kind of rules that are implemented in every type of employment. And it's usually the senior guys with the 15 years of doing it their way that want to make a stand.

I never take the keys out of any of my vehicles...locks only keep the honest people honest. If someone wants your possessions, they're gonna get them. I figured at least this way, when I get the car back, I won't have to replace a broken window and an ignition column.

I'm not even going to respond to this!

ok, I've remained silent about this long enough! This is what I want in the concession negotiations...1st. I want to be able to bring my 2 cats with me to keep me company while I'm driving. 2nd. I want FedEx to start hiring young unattached attractive office girls. That is all : )

Now, now....in the interests of non discrimination and diversity, a certain non-union leaning driver will insist that they also hire pretty, unattached young men for those that are gender challenged.

Just to recap, some basic facts:

We, the employees have been loosing ground on compensation steadily under the current system. All the while being pushed harder (then harder still) with less respect and professionalism. Rules changed at a moments notice, often without notice. The ONLY real rules we can count on are FMCSA (DOT) regulations, and even those are pushed up to the edge and much too frequently, beyond.

A voice at the table would be good. The alternative seems to be take what they give. Don't like it? Leave. I've got too many years invested to just walk away without trying to make it a little better for us (Drivers) and a little less sweet for them (The Company). Not trying to bleed them dry, just looking for some balance in the relationship. Nothing personal.

Thier is no middle ground, either union or not with the right work states now you have nothing to loose you can work in a union shop with out joining a union shop . You have nothing to loose but everything to gain.

A little less sweet for them, you do understand "them" cut our paychecks. Again, I am new to all this and I have been reading several post on these forums and everyone is making it real easy for me to choose...

A little less sweet for them, you do understand "them" cut our paychecks. Again, I am new to all this and I have been reading several post on these forums and everyone is making it real easy for me to choose...

Who is it that pulls the wagon for "them", who keeps the customer satisfied for "them"? Them (They) have been making record profit which is great, really it is. But we have lost significant ground on the competition pay wise, all the while working harder under changing rules, at a reduced level of respect, and while still providing them with an outstanding product. Do you not see anything wrong with that? A little less record breaking profit for a more content workforce is not a bad thing. Don't you agree?

If not. that's fine. Your impression of the treatment may be different, or you may have not yet seen what is spoken of here. Some centers, it's clear are not yet affected. Again, that is fine and understandable. Just please, try to be straight with the facts.

Last edited by a moderator:
We do, no doubt. When I interviewed it was made very clear what my job duties are and I have never been kept in the dark about them. As far as record profits yes, that's great I read the magazines, I look on line at our earnings and that in itself says job security. I guess I will keep reading and ask questions.

We do, no doubt. When I interviewed it was made very clear what my job duties are and I have never been kept in the dark about them. As far as record profits yes, that's great I read the magazines, I look on line at our earnings and that in itself says job security. I guess I will keep reading and ask questions.

That in no way says job security. That says shareholder profit security, maybe.

Many of the newer guys won't understand until they have accrued the seniority, vacation time, and have their eyes opened to just how fragile their job status is at FXF.

The best thing for a shareholder is to purge employees at top rate, lengthy vacation build ups, and have enough experience/intestinal fortitude to stand up for themselves or others when a command is given to break policy or the law to make way for 'yes men/women' plucked from the dock and taught to obey the FXF leadership no matter how questionable the request.

Please read the FX mission statement and argue to the contrary.
FedEx - Mission Statement

How about when you and another supervisor take someone in the office and close the door. You supervisors have a witness to back you up. We don't have that right. But we will in due time.

When I interviewed it was made very clear what my job duties are and I have never been kept in the dark about them. As far as record profits yes, that's great I read the magazines, I look on line at our earnings and that in itself says job security. I guess I will keep reading and ask questions.

Record profits mean job security for someone, just not you, me, or the guy working next to you. In other words, the company needs employees, just not necessarily the ones they currently have. Your job security is your individual value to your employer.

The best thing for a shareholder is to purge employees at top rate, lengthy vacation build ups, and have enough experience/intestinal fortitude to stand up for themselves

I respectfully disagree renegade169. You don't want to be paying more than necessary to get the job done to level desired, however, new employees are more expensive in their hiring training, and increased claims' exposure. FedEx Freight pays $5343 per year in freight claims per employee. ( 187MM in claims paid/35,000 employees). A bit over $100/week per employee. Think about that tipped pallet, that speared box, that mis-delivered carton, that shipment where he didn't count accurately. Extremely easy to eat up any savings in wages and benefits in a heartbeat.

How about when you and another supervisor take someone in the office and close the door. You supervisors have a witness to back you up. We don't have that right. But we will in due time.

They are just protecting themselves from battery and/or need a witness to what was said (lawsuit repellent). Even without union representation you do have some protection; openly and obviously turn on your cell phone video and record the meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.