What Makes The Best Trucker?

To me professionals get paid money.
It's takes way more than just getting paid to be considered a "professional", read this from you own post.
Drivers and dock workers who think they're the greatest and putting others down.....only for them to roll trailers or get hurt hurrying like morons...coating the company more money in one instant than all of the profits they made the company until that incident.
, those guys get paid... are they professionals?, the paid guys leaving **** bottles from here to kingdom come...professional?, the paid unsafe drivers out there...professionals? same with the slobs? I think they there is more to it than just getting paid, and for me it was important to be on top of the game on every aspect of driving truck just to differentiate myself from the unsafe slobs of the industry that are taking it over.

I really like the "professionals" that have to drive at night with their BRIGHT EYES!!
Flashing them makes no change.
Driving behind them with BRIGHT EYES makes no change and just doubly irritates ALL other Drivers.
Courtesy DIED last or the previous decade.

KEEP THE SHINY SIDE UP AND STAY OUT OF DITCHES, RAVINES, LAKES, RIVERS.
THERE IS NO LOAD SO HOT IT HAS TO COOL OFF on the side of a mountain, upside down, on fire or on an Ice Road.
CHEERS!!:violin::stirthepot:

As long as there are guys out there sleeping in trucks and staying away from home for 5 days straight at a time......and not getting paid over $200,000/year to do it.
This business has no right telling anybody what to look like or how to drive or how to act or how clean a truck should be.....and if they don't like it.....they can spend their own lives in the damned trucks.

Pulled into a customer this week. They got a call box to Houston. You gotta talk to some tele-security. I give him my name, company, location and destination ( the specific customer ). In clearly spoken English, my best customer service voice. The guy who obviously has English for a second language with a thick Latino accent laughs. " You sound supper important. Like some big shot VIP. " I say, " yeah. Us english speaking american truck drivers are a dying breed. Can't find to many of us out here any more. " He laughs again. And says, " you have no idea. "

So, at this point. We no longer have the working poor americans. It's 3rd world refugees driving these trucks. Is that encouraging ?

i don't know who Zollars is?

it's MY opinion on how everyone should look in the work force. if no one likes my opinion then put me on ignore.

i read and accept MANY things that MANY others here spew out of thier pie holes, so in turn, what i say (either as my opinion, or the way i ran things in MY shop) should be accepted as easily as well.

i think it's called something like, "mutual respect for one's thought's, opinions and how he/she did things in THIER office, garage, shop, etc".

if NO ONE can show ME respect for MY opinions, thoughts, and the way I RAN THINGS, in MY SHOP, then bug off, and DO NOT RESPOND ANYMORE.

It's funny how some people that think it's so important to get respect, will so often find it something not worth giving to others.

That goes to Pro's opinion on appearance and looking professional, it's the company's game and you played to it to get the job by getting a haircut and a shave, your reasons for not staying had nothing to do with appearance, and as far as being hard dirty work....yes it is, but you also don't have to be a rocket scientist to tell the difference between a guy who's dirty because he's been busting his butt all day and some guy who goes through life as a slop stinking and wearing stains of what he's eaten for the last week, just look at the slobs you see at truck stops and you'll see them and there's far too many of them, truck stops with showers and laundries by the way, I would only be out 2 days, but I always packed clean clothes for at least 3 days with extra shirts and never left a washroom looking disheveled, to me professional appearance is big especially if you want to be considered a professional.

I run the city. And I still keep a change of socks and underwear in my bag.

I understand what you say. And that is fine.
To me professionals get paid money.
Amateurs get rewards such as gold medals or blue ribbons .employee of the month prizes..no pay. A's, B's, C's,D's, F's.
I've worked for companies who thought they were great.
Bosses and CEO'S way overpaid for their worth.
Drivers and dock workers who think they're the greatest and putting others down.....only for them to roll trailers or get hurt hurrying like morons...coating the company more money in one instant than all of the profits they made the company until that incident.
I'm here for the money. So is the company.
I try to be on time for my shift, get done what I can. I don't want to hurt anybody nor do I want to wreck freight because that makes more work. I know the job and I'm not into staying any longer than needed, so I must move to get done early enough not to be dead tired. Eight hours is rare. So I try and keep moving.
If the company wants clean clothes or a "professional appearance". Than they should provide uniforms and clean them.
If they want spotless trucks then maybe they should take care of that too...I spend enough time in it..

I think we have two arguments. One is that appearance is important. And the other is that being prepared is important. And the kind of over lap and relate to each other in these arguments.

Also, PRO said in a post that a fella went and got a hair cut and shaved for the job and he still wouldn't hire him. So, it's not about appearance. Or abiding the rules of the shop. Or the ability to do the job in PRO's mind.

It's about a little power trip and felling better than somebody else. That a guy jumped through his hoops and was still turned away.

I really like the "professionals" that have to drive at night with their BRIGHT EYES!!
Flashing them makes no change.
Driving behind them with BRIGHT EYES makes no change and just doubly irritates ALL other Drivers.
Courtesy DIED last or the previous decade.

KEEP THE SHINY SIDE UP AND STAY OUT OF DITCHES, RAVINES, LAKES, RIVERS.
THERE IS NO LOAD SO HOT IT HAS TO COOL OFF on the side of a mountain, upside down, on fire or on an Ice Road.
CHEERS!!:violin::stirthepot:

It's only a problem in the winter. When the days are so short. Sun is up longer now. And those drivers are back to being solar powered.

You ain't never stepped in a puddle ? An extra pair of socks, especially in the winter, can be amazing.
I've stepped in a LOT OF PUDDLES, while I AVOIDED DITCHES & TRENCHES!
If ya had some REAL WATERPROOF BOOTS (Check out IRISH SETTER by RED WING [i get no money for referring]), yer little feet wouldn't get wet. BOOTS IN WINTER=AMAZING! Extra underwear? Wet Flatulence? Give a go at Adult Diapers (like 45), change at home. How about at least a 1000 Lumen "flash" Light helps avoid "wet ground surprises". Think Forward, don't be shy.
Monkey See, Monkey Do, Monkey No Step In Monkey Poo.

Ain't bin a "Roundy Rounder" (originally for a circular [dirt, nascar, etc.] race car driver--from Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry) but could be for a certain type of City Driver.

25,000 hours of city work without an accident is nearly impossible. Anyone capable of reaching that goal is a terrific driver and a fantastic liar.
Con-way/XPO was the first company I every worked for that bastardized the million mile driver

25,000 hours of city work without an accident is nearly impossible. Anyone capable of reaching that goal is a terrific driver and a fantastic liar.
I don’t claim to be terrific, except at losing mirrors, but as a city driver I did my first ,25,000 hours in 15 years, and got my first million.

DFkJdzU.jpg

I am terrific and also smart, I found this plaque on ebay for $2, I tell everyone I did the driving
If I broke a mirror, told them it was stolen by a Big R Driver.