XPO | What options can We suggest?

where do you get $1800 per month? When I went on logn term my cobra cost was $900 a month, with is what conway pays for my health care! What package do you mean?

I see there is another thread containing the loss of co. picnics and such. I can live with that. What else is losable and livable? How much could we save if we did our own laundry? Buy every employee 6 uniforms and they will be responsible to clean them? I know the race truck will come up but that's been beat to death. In other threads Someone mentioned the Mile marker, Someone mentioned company cars. Let's be constructive and see if there is money to be saved by having an input as too what we give up. Press on

the race truck and uniform service are bound by contractual agreements. I'm sure these will be a focus for next year. The company's focus now is on immediate results in shoring-up our cash reserves. I'm sure that if we had to borrow money to meet payroll and other expenditures, the interest rate on the loan, if available, would be huge. And, as a public company this news would further erode our investor base. Whatever the decision, if there are benefits or compensation to be given up, I hope there is a system to return said benefits when things improve.

The "lean" part of Lean Six Sigma is a two prong attack. Immediate savings and long-term reductions in costs. If everyone is expected to participate in this endeavor, then the first task will be for our company to think outside of their box and realize that it is in the dark ages when considering communication. I think there should be a page or link created on the employee portal to allow everyone an immediate voice in this project. Once established, short and long term goals can be discussed, established, and pursued. Without setting goals we will continue to waste valuable time and resources. Goals are much like establishing a running surface and finish line in a track event. By painting the lines to identify your lanes and a finish line (your goal or point of completion), you have created a common, consistent challenge for everyone to share. The variance in day to day operations of all our facilities in all our regions shows the need for direct communications with all employees. We have displayed and communicated these variances here on the boards with this topic and all others.

What if ... (this is where it all starts)

what if we established a company email communication program. Monday Morning Meetings would be transmitted to all employees that have signed up for the service. BUT, you as an employee would NOT be anonymous in your ability of response or reply. So, to borrow from the success of internet discussion boards, what if we had one within the company to ask for employee's opinions on business matters?

the race truck and uniform service are bound by contractual agreements. I'm sure these will be a focus for next year. The company's focus now is on immediate results in shoring-up our cash reserves. I'm sure that if we had to borrow money to meet payroll and other expenditures, the interest rate on the loan, if available, would be huge. And, as a public company this news would further erode our investor base. Whatever the decision, if there are benefits or compensation to be given up, I hope there is a system to return said benefits when things improve.

The "lean" part of Lean Six Sigma is a two prong attack. Immediate savings and long-term reductions in costs. If everyone is expected to participate in this endeavor, then the first task will be for our company to think outside of their box and realize that it is in the dark ages when considering communication. I think there should be a page or link created on the employee portal to allow everyone an immediate voice in this project. Once established, short and long term goals can be discussed, established, and pursued. Without setting goals we will continue to waste valuable time and resources. Goals are much like establishing a running surface and finish line in a track event. By painting the lines to identify your lanes and a finish line (your goal or point of completion), you have created a common, consistent challenge for everyone to share. The variance in day to day operations of all our facilities in all our regions shows the need for direct communications with all employees. We have displayed and communicated these variances here on the boards with this topic and all others.

What if ... (this is where it all starts)

what if we established a company email communication program. Monday Morning Meetings would be transmitted to all employees that have signed up for the service. BUT, you as an employee would NOT be anonymous in your ability of response or reply. So, to borrow from the success of internet discussion boards, what if we had one within the company to ask for employee's opinions on business matters?

That would be a good start.

I was thinking outside the box for a minute and came up with this. What if boxboss is useing all of our great advice for self-promotion to get a job at CGO? lol just joking there dude. Just being an @ss today. We all know you would NEVER do that!!! Our would he? lol peace out!!!!!!:biglaugh::smilie_132:

You should continue to get healthcare...you pay for that, as does the company...I was offering up a suggestion in favor of those that, thank goodness, don't have to go to the doctor this year....

How would one know that in advance?

The Health Care Usage Award (HCUA) would have to be awarded in error, or the following year. You can disregard it as an option as a similar program has been tried before with a $.25/hr incentive to not use more then three sick days.

After the threat of litigation, that bonus program was canceled as well.

You wouldn't know, obviously, until the calender year ended....But those that do the right things to stay healthy are rewarded, as is the company, and those that are less fortunate and have health issues still have the resources to be taken care of...
People don't choose to be ill, or get injured...But good habits have been known to predicate good health and there should be extra incentives to those who practice good habits or are just plain lucky..

None of these will work until the health care industry brings their prices in line..

I think they should perform DNA testing before being hired. That way they can pick those that offer a better chance of good health. Yup, they haven't found the alcoholic gene yet, but it should soon happen. Also included could be an exhaustive questionnaire concerning parental and beyond health histories.

.....And hire according to good health probability charts as drawn by our very own actuaries.

I think they should perform DNA testing before being hired. That way they can pick those that offer a better chance of good health. Yup, they haven't found the alcoholic gene yet, but it should soon happen. Also included could be an exhaustive questionnaire concerning parental and beyond health histories.

.....And hire according to good health probability charts as drawn by our very own actuaries.

It will definitely come to that. It will start with the security sensitive jobs...then work itself into the financial markets...company CEOs and eventually to the common 'Joe'.
Once the DNA signature is more fully understood this practice will begin to show its ugly head.

It a new form of "high tech" racism with a McCarthyist paradigm...coming to SC near you!!!!

Rat :loser:

I've read alot of ideas loose this, cut that and take away this. How about this for a idea, How about managment taking their heads out of their a** and figure out ways to make this company run more efficiently. XAY drivers getting back from XCW at 11 or 12 is allittle rediculus. That puts the city operation behind and the daytime linehaul behind and it backe everyone up. Not to mention the reship staying open so late. I don't know but running efficient seems the best start to me. Had another idea. How about keeping it simple and stop with overthinking the process of hauling freight. Overthinkers, What a bad idea.

I've read alot of ideas loose this, cut that and take away this. How about this for a idea, How about managment taking their heads out of their a** and figure out ways to make this company run more efficiently. XAY drivers getting back from XCW at 11 or 12 is allittle rediculus. That puts the city operation behind and the daytime linehaul behind and it backe everyone up. Not to mention the reship staying open so late. I don't know but running efficient seems the best start to me. Had another idea. How about keeping it simple and stop with overthinking the process of hauling freight. Overthinkers, What a bad idea.

I'm in XCW every morning. Arriving in XAY at 11:00 would put a departure from XCW at around 7:00. Reship's been completed around 5:00 every morning for the last two weeks. VIA's or break-downs might be the explanation here.

You wouldn't know, obviously, until the calender year ended....But those that do the right things to stay healthy are rewarded, as is the company, and those that are less fortunate and have health issues still have the resources to be taken care of...
People don't choose to be ill, or get injured...But good habits have been known to predicate good health and there should be extra incentives to those who practice good habits or are just plain lucky..

None of these will work until the health care industry brings their prices in line..

Do you think there is any chance of them doing that without being made to do so?

I'm in XCW every morning. Arriving in XAY at 11:00 would put a departure from XCW at around 7:00. Reship's been completed around 5:00 every morning for the last two weeks. VIA's or break-downs might be the explanation here.

Once off the dock they pretty much need all of an hour to hit the gate and they need more time to pull those trips and that extra weight across Ohio. At this point, they could probably use a break. The night before, those DSRs get to the terminal and wait for loads, then drive the whole way there without a break and work the dock for 4 to 6 hours with out a break. They close the dock every night as most of the XAY drivers are kept to load the long boxes. When Coldwater officials declare the FAC shutdown, take a look at the XAY end and see if they really are shutdown.

Just to illustrate, unless you are the first out of a dozen drivers, you can only run it 4 nights and you will use your 16 hour rule every week. On your slow night, you'll come in to work the XAY FAC for a few hours. And your H.O.S. are maxed but you also got no sleep to show for it.

HUH???...an hour to hit the gate?

This I gotta here!!!....WHY?

Rat :loser:

They have to hook additional equipment up and most like to catch up on their paper work. Figure an hour....or don't if you don't want to.

One sure way to cut that gate time down to 30 minutes is to change company policy to HOOK TIME IS ONLY 30 MINUTES ANYTIME AFTER THAT YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN A.K.A. NO PAY!:nutkick: