TForce | whats the deal at ups freight

wigglewagonman

TB Lurker
Credits
i was thinking of taking a job with ups freight can anyone tell me what the starting pay for a road driver would be.
also whats the deal with the union,i heard once the union is in at terminals that were non-union the pay scale goes up dramatically.

wigglewagonman said:
i was thinking of taking a job with ups freight can anyone tell me what the starting pay for a road driver would be.
also whats the deal with the union,i heard once the union is in at terminals that were non-union the pay scale goes up dramatically.
Welcome to the boards wigglewagonman. My suggestion is to go to a terminal near you and sit down with the TM. The negotiations with the IBT are currently going smoothly. Hopefully soon the model contract will be finalized. As far as pay scale, that along with everything else has to be negotiated.

hugnlug said:
Welcome to the boards wigglewagonman. My suggestion is to go to a terminal near you and sit down with the TM. The negotiations with the IBT are currently going smoothly. Hopefully soon the model contract will be finalized. As far as pay scale, that along with everything else has to be negotiated.

I am quite sure it will be better than we currently get!!!

huh ?

I am quite sure it will be better than we currently get!!!

At top pay at UPSF you are making a half cent less than those covered under master freight. I would rather have my health and welfare benefits paid for rather than a fat raise. No tax on health insurance...so that would be raise
:smilie_132:

At top pay at UPSF you are making a half cent less than those covered under master freight. I would rather have my health and welfare benefits paid for rather than a fat raise. No tax on health insurance...so that would be raise

Half a cent? Where did you get that from. If I'm not mistaken union line haul is .5475 cpm and $24.00 an hour. And I'm at .5173 and $21.00 an hour. Of course I am a MC lacky and don't get the big bucks yet but anyway not sure where your numbers are from. And yes free health and well fair is worth at least a cent per mile. I would take it for sure......

Half a cent? Where did you get that from. If I'm not mistaken union line haul is .5475 cpm and $24.00 an hour. And I'm at .5173 and $21.00 an hour. Of course I am a MC lacky and don't get the big bucks yet but anyway not sure where your numbers are from. And yes free health and well fair is worth at least a cent per mile. I would take it for sure......

We was they just got a raise. Top single pay is 53.13. However the teams would get a cut at the present union scale. Our teams are splitting 57.30 not sure of the amount but I know its over 57 cents per mile...

Try atleast 1 dollar + / hr. more than we do, plus, time +1\2 after 8, vs overtime after 43 ,paid bennies, low copay's . where did you get these figure's unless I have misunderstood you?

We was they just got a raise. Top single pay is 53.13. However the teams would get a cut at the present union scale. Our teams are splitting 57.30 not sure of the amount but I know its over 57 cents per mile...

Don't forget that actually getting delay pay adds up. So you would really have to sit down to figure it out if they would be taking a pay cut. Plus when you are not donating time it gives you a whole new attitude.

Don't forget that actually getting delay pay adds up. So you would really have to sit down to figure it out if they would be taking a pay cut. Plus when you are not donating time it gives you a whole new attitude.

I think that will get fixed and without the union. If not then with the union.

This is not Overnite anymore. So if UPS wants to keep delay pay and sick leave the way it is then as far as I am concerned they want us union.
If that is the case I want to be tied to UPS's contract like I said before. Not the APWA.

:1036316054:

Young man, you are horribly, horribly, overpaid.

At Roadway in K.C. (Central States) Linehaul is .544 & $21.65hr. for waiting, delay, brkdn etc. City is $21.71hr. Hope this helps, Mustache Retired Roadway

If we are going to be getting a raise starting the first of 2007 wouldn't you have thought we may of heard something by now?

After all there isn't much time left in 2006 to make an anouncment about something this important to all of us UPSF employees.

I should of seen this lack of a raise coming.
When we were first rebranded all of us city drivers were given UPS Freight ball point pens,and small note pads with our new brand to hand out to the customers on our routes.

Sales at my terminal had about 10 pens,and a very few note pads to give each one of us.
That short supply dryed up in less than a week,and we've never seen anything more come to us for anymore handouts since that one time.

Oh my word I thought the old Overnite was cheap,but this is one sign that our current company is winning the raise for cheapness.

When the old Overnite store was open I used to go on-line and buy my own Overnite pens for the good customers on my route as well as using them myself.
Just before that on-line store closed up I bought 4 boxes,that I'm still using.

The other stuff I used to get from sales was coffee cups,and caps,for the customers that really helped me out on my route.

Now I can't get zip,(ZERO) handouts?
Whats wrong with this picture?
I see some of my customers with Conway,and R&L caps in their offices,but nothing with UPS Freight.

Can you hear the birds signing?
Why I can hear them now.
Cheap,cheap,cheap!!!

Apo, the lack of UPSF promo stock is a good indication that the company is taking that money and putting it towards our raises instead. Heck for Christmas we're getting a cornish hen!! What more could you ask for? :hysterical: All kidding aside, tomorrow we are having a wage and benefit meeting. I'll post the figures when I get home.