When wrasslin’ was real.

it was never real but it sure was entertaining in the 70's 80's and about half of the 90's I never missed a show. My Dad took me to many matches at the Greensboro coliseum when I was a little boy
It was more real than what they are putting out now for sure. Late 80’s to mid 90’s here for my fanship. Then got too soap opera for me.

I saw a biography on Andre the Giant. People said the dude could throw back 100 beers after a match. Didn't say how many hot dogs he would eat. :438:
Animal from the road warriors said the wrestlers were at a steakhouse and he just finished a steak dinner and Andre showed up and animal had to eat another steak dinner with Andre , animal said what am I gonna do tell him no

My all-time favorite was Mad Dog Vachon, as a group we went to alot of matches and the last time I saw him in person was down at the Minneapolis Auditorium(I wouldn't go down there now with Mad Dog) in the early 80's, but he just came through the main spectator door like a normal guy wearing nice sport coat and slacks carrying just a cheesy gym bag, smiling and greeting all the kids and signed autographs for them , wrestled Jerry Blackwell and in the course of the match took a chunk out of Blackwell's forehead and preceded to spit it and a bloody stream about 4' in the air, he won and it was awesome.

mad-dog.webp

Andre was one i remember most.

When he shows up, he makes bruno and the rest look like dwarfs or worse munchkins.

I think he died early. I was not much of a wrestler person, but I can tell when some of those big boys are throwing down.

Another thought is the little ones. The mouthy ones. Spewing all kinds of invective, rage and so on pre match, stomping up into the ring and thump. Thats the end of that noise.