When wrasslin’ was real.

The ones I remember were The Crusher, Verne Gagne, Nick Bockwinkle, The Iron Sheik, Jim Brunsell, Mad Dog Vachaon, basically the troop that travelled the Midwest, as part of the AWA/Minneapolis Boxing & Wrestling Club.
Sunday mornings at 11:00am on tv channel 13 WREX out of Rockford Illinois.
It was all predetermined, but funny as heck to watch.

The ones I remember were The Crusher, Verne Gagne, Nick Bockwinkle, The Iron Sheik, Jim Brunsell, Mad Dog Vachaon, basically the troop that travelled the Midwest, as part of the AWA/Minneapolis Boxing & Wrestling Club.
Don’t forget George too…We used to drive down to Moline IL, on Saturday night from Cedar Rapids to Whorton Field House.

Don’t forget George too…We used to drive down to Moline IL, on Saturday night from Cedar Rapids to Whorton Field House.

So Verne Gagne ended up in a nursing home for years with the most dreaded Alzheimer's disease and died at the age of 89, but when he was 82 he got in an argument with a 97 year old guy at the home and picked him up and body slammed him causing his death, no charges filed though.

I was a big fan in the '90s. Saw a lot of the last years of Jerry Lawler's USWA out of Memphis on Saturday and Sunday mornings on the UHF channels we could pick up out of Nashville on the old antenna. Went to a few "house shows" (non-televised shows where you could get cheap tickets to see the stars in your local auditorium) in those days, good times.

Now my kids are fans, and I've taken them to a couple of WWE house shows. It's not quite the same as it was in the '90s, mostly for the better. The big SummerSlam pay-per-view event is in Nashville this year. If you can afford several hundred bucks for good tickets, it'll probably be a fun night. Tickets start cheap enough (something like $25) but that's the upper reaches of Nissan Stadium where you won't be close enough to see anything unless you're looking at a big screen in the stadium. The good lower-bowl and floor seats are still going for well over $100 apiece. Front rows are literally $1,000!:grumpy:

Don't forget the claw , dick the bruiser and maybe Jessie the body and the best interview guy MEAN GENE

Awww man grand memories every single post in this thread .
I'll still watch it on Friday nights and even went to a event last
year , it was a blast ! I felt like I wanted to do a flying drop kick .
But the only kick was when a young lad accidentally kicked my
cane and I almost dropped , we both laughed , Ohhhh Dude !
Now I just slam stuff in car doors when I'm mad , no drop kicks .

Grand Thread Guys / SMOKESTACK
PS - Jeff still thinks it's real .:1036316054:

In the 70's and 80's the WWF was at the Field House in Hamburg Pa once a month.
After the matches there were 2 bars in town. The Central Hotel which was the "good-guy" bar, and the American House was the "bad-guy" bar. The highlight of the night was when George "The Animal" Steele would chew up a barstool and shred that thing all over the bar.
After beating the hell out of each other they would all get in the same car and drive off together.

In the 70's and 80's the WWF was at the Field House in Hamburg Pa once a month.
After the matches there were 2 bars in town. The Central Hotel which was the "good-guy" bar, and the American House was the "bad-guy" bar. The highlight of the night was when George "The Animal" Steele would chew up a barstool and shred that thing all over the bar.
After beating the hell out of each other they would all get in the same car and drive off together.
Hopefully no one went to Peter’s Hang Out???….:438: