When wrasslin’ was real.

In the 70's and 80's the WWF was at the Field House in Hamburg Pa once a month.
After the matches there were 2 bars in town. The Central Hotel which was the "good-guy" bar, and the American House was the "bad-guy" bar. The highlight of the night was when George "The Animal" Steele would chew up a barstool and shred that thing all over the bar.
After beating the hell out of each other they would all get in the same car and drive off together.
First time we went when young kids I went there.
Haystacks Calhoun. Toru Tanaka.

In high school or maybe junior high school they'd have it once a month or every couple weeks on Tuesday or Wednesday night at Allentown Ag Hall.
Wild Samoans...eventually they had a school in Allentown.

First time I saw it on a Saturday morning on our b&w TV. I was really young. They put an x on the camera with masking tape. Some wrestler called The Wolfman biting somebody. That hooked me. Crazy stuff.
Ivan Putski. Chief Jay Strongbow. Spiros Arion. Bruno. Gorilla Monsoon Greg Valentine. The Valiant Brothers. Stan the man Staziak. George the animal Steele.
Then we had the ring anouncer who'd say......and my name is Joe McHugh.
All them guys used to come to Allentown. World Wide Wrestling Federation.

A thought to some who gave all , Bruiser Brody and Owen Hart
Did they ever get justice on the guy that murdered Bruiser Brody?

If it wasn’t for Vince Russo and his b.s. soap opera/Jerry Springer crap, Owen would probably still be with us today. Dropping from ceiling into the ring didn’t add anything for anyone other that Sting. It worked for Sting and maybe Raven when he was doing all that weird stuff.

First time I saw it on a Saturday morning on our b&w TV. I was really young. They put an x on the camera with masking tape. Some wrestler called The Wolfman biting somebody. That hooked me. Crazy stuff.

I remember that. There was also a guy named "The Spoiler", some poor schmuck would just lay on the mat while he marched around holding his hand in the air. He would drop down and clamp on the guy's face, an X would cover the screen and Vince would start shouting, "it's barbaric, it's brutal, get that guy off of him"! Great shows.

I remember that. There was also a guy named "The Spoiler", some poor schmuck would just lay on the mat while he marched around holding his hand in the air. He would drop down and clamp on the guy's face, an X would cover the screen and Vince would start shouting, "it's barbaric, it's brutal, get that guy off of him"! Great shows.
"Imagine the impact" LOL.
He used to say that too.

Sponsored by Mom and Pop car lot and bowling alley