XPO | Where do I start?

i am so glad i left conway i just wanted to share my joy .

We also, are glad you left, and not only do we "share" your joy, but sleep comfortable in the knowledge that our company will somehow suffer through without you, however difficult that may be.

:loser:

light at the end of the tunnel... life after Con-Way. To put this in proper perspective this guy left the industry. The industry being the LTL business. As most of us know, the LTL industry isn't just about driving a truck from point a to point b. You either feed on the pace of the LTL industry or it will feed on you.

The competition is starting to offer a 10am guaranteed delivery premium service. That's going to be tough for us to offer. So how will we counter this offer to the customer?

We actually formed a committee in the west 4 years ago to look at the morning guarantee program, and I was part of it...we took a group of SCMS from various parts of the 11 western states, and our first assignment was to poll customers in our footprints...2 weeks later, we got back on a conference call to discover that less than 1% thought they MIGHT have a use for the program...for the record, FedEx is offering the service for a $75 additional fee, during the most strenuous economic times in the past 75 years...good timing...USF Holland also announced the same thing, but I was more curious about their announcement...Was it just me, or did anyone else notice that Reddaway was not included as part of that announcement..?? Hmmm...

Bottom line is it will be expensive to pull off, and you better be careful about what zip codes you offer the service for..

BoxB.........what happend to the "G" program.....? I see very, very few things with the "G" stickers on them, and it doesn't seem to be a "button" anymore.......is that gone by the wayside?

BoxB.........what happend to the "G" program.....? I see very, very few things with the "G" stickers on them, and it doesn't seem to be a "button" anymore.......is that gone by the wayside?

No, still in place...But when we intro'd the warranty program a few years back, we were basically placing a G sticker on every shipment where the customer is on the Con-way tariff...so the only times you see a G now is for customers not on the tariff who need a guarantee delivery...Our competitors followed us in this process as well...FX jumped on less than a month after we started the warranty program..

No, still in place...But when we intro'd the warranty program a few years back, we were basically placing a G sticker on every shipment where the customer is on the Con-way tariff...so the only times you see a G now is for customers not on the tariff who need a guarantee delivery...Our competitors followed us in this process as well...FX jumped on less than a month after we started the warranty program..

Do we still charge the extra amount for the "G" service? Or is that included in the rate quote....

Please make sure you're looking at the bill and then when it does show guarenteed put a "G" sticker on the bill and on the freight not just 1 but several on the freight to let all DSR's know it is G freight.

the way i see it its a free country, and i have the freedom to speak my mind.whether its on here or anywhere else. i am so glad i left conway i just wanted to share my joy and if you took that as bashing i am sorry. and for the record i could care less about the company. i just feel bad for the drivers who have no choice but to stay because there is nothing else out there.

You are right, driver, you are allowed to speak freely...But please, make up your mind and take a stance...
First, you came on to let everyone know that there is this wonderful life after Con-way, then, while half of us are getting dressed up to go out and find that better life, you come back and tell us you feel sorry for us because there is nothing else out there, and now we have no choice...Which is it going to be..?? (I was feeling pretty good about that plaid jacket I hadn't seen in years...real interview buster)

You are right, driver, you are allowed to speak freely...But please, make up your mind and take a stance...
First, you came on to let everyone know that there is this wonderful life after Con-way, then, while half of us are getting dressed up to go out and find that better life, you come back and tell us you feel sorry for us because there is nothing else out there, and now we have no choice...Which is it going to be..?? (I was feeling pretty good about that plaid jacket I hadn't seen in years...real interview buster)

Are the trousers bellbottoms?:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Rat:loser:

light at the end of the tunnel... life after Con-Way. To put this in proper perspective this guy left the industry. The industry being the LTL business. As most of us know, the LTL industry isn't just about driving a truck from point a to point b. You either feed on the pace of the LTL industry or it will feed on you.

The competition is starting to offer a 10am guaranteed delivery premium service. That's going to be tough for us to offer. So how will we counter this offer to the customer?

R&L has offered that for years. I still chuckle when I see that painted on their trucks knowing we don't even have our inbound backed in to break at 10AM. We could offer something like that if the bulk of our L/H drivers were not kept at the FAC until after 6:30AM. They are loading 53' trailers.

R&L has offered that for years. I still chuckle when I see that painted on their trucks knowing we don't even have our inbound backed in to break at 10AM. We could offer something like that if the bulk of our L/H drivers were not kept at the FAC until after 6:30AM. They are loading 53' trailers.

Hey.......quiet down on that driver.........it is the only reason they still have any need for us whatsoever......if that goes away......we all go away.....I am entirely too O.F.U. (old, fat and ugly) to be looking for a new career....

Hey.......quiet down on that driver.........it is the only reason they still have any need for us whatsoever......if that goes away......we all go away.....I am entirely too O.F.U. (old, fat and ugly) to be looking for a new career....

Sorry, Sometimes I forget that sub service is a good thing.

Boss...you are so 70s...ROTFLMAO!!!!:bowdown:

Rat:biglaugh:

Not true...bought them in the late 90s...yellow and red plaid...every time the rumor mill cranked up on DHL buying us, I'd bring 'em out, try 'em on, just to make sure I was ready to impress the new brass...now they're just collector's items..unless I move to Europe or China..

You know.......it took almost my entire last working nerve to figure out LMAO, and almost a week to do so......

ROTFLMAO??????

I don't have enough time before I retire......
:biglaugh:
Sounds like it could have something to do with the old Ford trucks we have to drive, but I'm sure it means rolling on the floor;

Real Old Trucks For Linehaul My Azz Ouch?

I was probably being a little harsh in my previous posts. Sorry if it was offensive.

But I would like to point out that the underlying cause of this recession is outsourcing to foreign workers. Every middle class job that leaves means that there are fewer customers for the consumer economy, which is 70% of our economy. Con-way is outsourcing some of its IT work to India and bringing in foreign workers which contributes to the downturn. Americans were laid off so the foreigners could stay.

After Obama puts us deeper in debt with no progress on jobs (due to continued outsourcing), this country will have to find another way to survive.

If Con-way outsourced its drivers the way they did IT workers, I know you all would be grabbing your pitchforks.

I think you should think about this... since so many jobs are being lost, people will need to find alternative careers. Some will choose truck driving. What will too many drivers looking for work do to your standard of living?

Not true...bought them in the late 90s...yellow and red plaid...every time the rumor mill cranked up on DHL buying us, I'd bring 'em out, try 'em on, just to make sure I was ready to impress the new brass...now they're just collector's items..unless I move to Europe or China..

You must have been a Boy Scout...you know...the 'Be Prepared' thing.:biglaugh:

Rat:loser: