XPO | Where do we use LCV's?

micro brew

TB Veteran
Credits
Where do we use long combination vehicles? There are five terminals I know of out here that run triples. Until recently, I had no idea they were allowed in some western and southern states. Where else do we use them?

I know Utah, Idaho and Nevada, for sure....I gotta think Montana is a possibility, parts of Washington state, the Dakotas seem reasonable...I know Colorado has rocky mountain doubles, Kansas I am not so sure..

Do we or have we ever run Turnpike doubles or Rocky Mountain doubles? To my knowledge we do not run them in NY or Mass for whatever reason. The old and new Buffalo terminals seemed like they are too far off the Thruway for access. Same with Rochester. I wonder if this is the reason?

Do we or have we ever run Turnpike doubles or Rocky Mountain doubles? To my knowledge we do not run them in NY or Mass for whatever reason. The old and new Buffalo terminals seemed like they are too far off the Thruway for access. Same with Rochester. I wonder if this is the reason?

I think in Utah we might...

I know Utah, Idaho and Nevada, for sure....I gotta think Montana is a possibility, parts of Washington state, the Dakotas seem reasonable...I know Colorado has rocky mountain doubles, Kansas I am not so sure..

Hopefully some TRUCK DRIVERS will enlighten
the above poster as to just how his SC's
in and outbound shipments actually are
transported by CNW .

Just4Thought

transported by CNW .

Just4Thought

I am fine, thank you...But it would be true that I don't have all 48 states memorized in the use of extended vehicles...you have exposed me..

I am fine, thank you...But it would be true that I don't have all 48 states memorized in the use of extended vehicles...you have exposed me..

Possibly much less even the adjoining states .

Perhaps a glance at ones power units registrations and permits maybe of help .

Just4Thought

Possibly much less even the adjoining states .

Perhaps a glance at ones power units registrations and permits maybe of help .

Just4Thought

I know how every single one of my shipments moves (inbound and outbound) across this country, but didn't find it to be nearly as important to know if it moved in a set of doubles or triples....only that it services on time...because that is, after all, what pays the bills...

I know how every single one of my shipments moves (inbound and outbound) across this country, but didn't find it to be nearly as important to know if it moved in a set of doubles or triples....only that it services on time...because that is, after all, what pays the bills...

Much of the above is obvious and clearly
demonstrates how most in management today
actually know about the WAY things get done .

Truely a shame .

Just4Thought

Truely a shame .

Just4Thought

No, there is more shame in sitting back and criticizing what you know nothing about, and for you these days, that is just about everything...You like to come off philisophical and articulate, but you never offer up solutions, just more of the same tired critique...
Try making a difference...I understand the pressure that is involved with doing that...you may even live through it..

Thanks. Do they have any winter weather or wind restrictions out there?
Yes. If there is a chance of snow or ice they are prohibited. Also if visibility is 1000' or less due to fog they are prohibited. Not sure about the state law restrictions due to wind. I know that if it's to bad then I'd be getting rid of that 3rd box.

transported by CNW .

Just4Thought

Truely a shame .

Just4Thought

I would work for boxboss in a minute. Justadriver .. your attack was unwarranted and uncalled for. He has been forthright with giving alot of us very useful information and how to effectively solve problems. I guess I expected more out of you than this. I guess I expected to much.

Truely a shame .

Just4Thought

No, there is more shame in sitting back and criticizing what you know nothing about, and for you these days, that is just about everything...You like to come off philisophical and articulate, but you never offer up solutions, just more of the same tired critique...
Try making a difference...I understand the pressure that is involved with doing that...you may even live through it..

I would work for boxboss in a minute. Justadriver .. your attack was unwarranted and uncalled for. He has been forthright with giving alot of us very useful information and how to effectively solve problems. I guess I expected more out of you than this. I guess I expected to much.

I am with you 99...

The BB has been everything one would or could expect from someone is his postion. And I believe he everything he says he is. He provides info and insight that if it were known to Con-Way would undoubtedly cost his job...

I for one doubt I would do it.

We all have our opinions (not to mean that includes me or anything!!!:rofl2:) and many times we simply agree to disagree or just agree. However there are those that come here just to :stirthepot: and complain about the company or its management (disclaimer... I have never done any of these things!!!...really, it wasn't me...it was my evil twin.) :whistling:

I don't think you expected too much...I just don't see you getting what you expected...

Rat :loser: