XPO | whine-haul

I might get bumped out of my run, but I always have my 2nd bid. I don't have to worry about being layed off. Hell I could use the break to a shorter run

HOLY CRAP THATS ABSOLUTELY FUNNY!!! Man that made my day as well!!!:1036316054:
Anonymous
a·non·y·mous
adj.
1. Having an unknown or unacknowledged name: an anonymous author.
2. Having an unknown or withheld authorship or agency: an anonymous letter; an anonymous phone call.
3. Having no distinctive character or recognition factor: “a very great, almost anonymous center of people who just want peace”

4. Having already told truckingboard members his claim to fame and using Alaska as a front while giving the word anonymous many different spellings.

That whole topic just made my day!:1036316054:

I am not acusing anybody of whining except those that do. come to work every day with a positive attitude and problems will be easier to resolve. most people, management or not, react more effectivly to someone who's reasonable rather than someone with a negative attitude. again, i can't stress enough, con-way's open door policy is there for you 24/7. follow the chain of command.
are you for real? what kind of drugs (company? or others? )are you taking.12yrs of l/h giving ideas to help streamline or improve the operation and all they tell you is your not management you don't understand. this from someone who does't understand how a dock works, and its beyond me how he is an fom. simple things like aligning the door assignments from i/b to o/b to fac, simply to reduce hostler moves. think of the feul savings there. oh no that won't work you don't get it.i get it,, heres your sign

Quick! someone get him some help!

I am not attacking anyone in particular, I am simply stating the fact that most linehaul drivers complain more than everybody else because they mingle with other drivers at our F.A.C.'s and make matters worse by spreading rumores on the c.b. on their way home, including VIA's.
Morale strarts with everybody and it will escalate from there.
If we (ALL) do our part as responsible peolpe there would not be a problem. I am not DR. Phil or Oprah, just someone that cares and is trying to make a difference. P.S. good luck with UPS. they miss you.

Good thing SNAFU isn't large and in charge of operations at every level.
1. From this point on Drivers will not be allowed to mingle durring FAC operations. Each driver will maintain a distance of at least 5 feet from all other drivers and NO talking! If talking is necessary contact your supervisor so that he/she may monitor the exchange and issue immediate discipline if any negative talk is present.
2. Citizens Band radios will no longer be allowed in company trucks as they are only tools used to propagate negativity. Same goes for cell phones and any other devices of mass communication.
3. All hand signals and body language will be monitored for perceived negativity, and again progressive disciplinary action will be taken, up to and including immediate termination.
4. You are expected to report to your assigned sector with a smile and a positive attitude, anything else is unacceptable.

These are the rules of the great SNAFU and will apply to all drivers!

Has anybody read "1984" ????????

1. From this point on Drivers will not be allowed to mingle durring FAC operations. Each driver will maintain a distance of at least 5 feet from all other drivers and NO talking! If talking is necessary contact your supervisor so that he/she may monitor the exchange and issue immediate discipline if any negative talk is present.
2. Citizens Band radios will no longer be allowed in company trucks as they are only tools used to propagate negativity. Same goes for cell phones and any other devices of mass communication.
3. All hand signals and body language will be monitored for perceived negativity, and again progressive disciplinary action will be taken, up to and including immediate termination.
4. You are expected to report to your assigned sector with a smile and a positive attitude, anything else is unacceptable.

just feel bad for any drivers going to terminals near sterling ,Il

Funny, because it feels like those rules are in effect. We all appreciate the wages and bennies but we have to be such phonies. We cant complain, we cant get angry, we cant offer solutions. It feels like we're the Jews in the movie Shindlers list. Like if it were legal, they would take one of us out in the parking lot once in a while and shoot him in the head. Maybe above the terminal gates it should read: Arbeit macht frei

Wow!

Where to start??? I have never seen a thread that covers so much ground. First, I have heard linehaul rumors for years and really hate to see the misinformation spread by a bored driver with unlimited night minutes and conference calling on his cell phone.

In the business world change is unavoidable. Things change to meet the demand changes. I have always felt that the company has tried to communicate as much as possible with all employees. Yes, we use bulletin boards and meetings to give out as much information as possible, but many chose to not read what is in front of them.

A public forum is no place to air your disagreements. EVERY supervisor and manager is devoted to the open door policy and this is the place to air your complaints. Often, a complaint or problem can be resolved with a simple discussion.

No company wants their employees to take their problems to the customers or to discuss the issues on th open airways of the CB radio world. While employees are to be encouraged to discuss differences with each other, it cannot become a public ***** session. I have seen candidates walk out when the observe employees complain to each other in an open area.

Everyone has the right to move on if they are not happy and I encourage them to do so. Nobody wants an unhappy employee representing them.

Change is inevitable. There are two ways to react to change, one is to complain and fear change. The other is to embrace the change and see how it can improve their situation. I often have concerns about change, but I can also see the good.

Part of the constitution is to provide a good shareholder return and provide rewarding careers for the employees. This is the driving force behind a lot of the changes. We have seen NOW sold, Inter-modal shut down, Conway Air closed and other changes happen. Ever ask why? Most often because what we are doing is not working.

By far it is easier to have a half empty attitude, but much better to have a half full one.

Where to start??? I have never seen a thread that covers so much ground. First, I have heard linehaul rumors for years and really hate to see the misinformation spread by a bored driver with unlimited night minutes and conference calling on his cell phone.

In the business world change is unavoidable. Things change to meet the demand changes. I have always felt that the company has tried to communicate as much as possible with all employees. Yes, we use bulletin boards and meetings to give out as much information as possible, but many chose to not read what is in front of them.

A public forum is no place to air your disagreements. EVERY supervisor and manager is devoted to the open door policy and this is the place to air your complaints. Often, a complaint or problem can be resolved with a simple discussion.

No company wants their employees to take their problems to the customers or to discuss the issues on th open airways of the CB radio world. While employees are to be encouraged to discuss differences with each other, it cannot become a public ***** session. I have seen candidates walk out when the observe employees complain to each other in an open area.

Everyone has the right to move on if they are not happy and I encourage them to do so. Nobody wants an unhappy employee representing them.

Change is inevitable. There are two ways to react to change, one is to complain and fear change. The other is to embrace the change and see how it can improve their situation. I often have concerns about change, but I can also see the good.

Part of the constitution is to provide a good shareholder return and provide rewarding careers for the employees. This is the driving force behind a lot of the changes. We have seen NOW sold, Inter-modal shut down, Conway Air closed and other changes happen. Ever ask why? Most often because what we are doing is not working.

By far it is easier to have a half empty attitude, but much better to have a half full one.

I very much embrace positive and constructive change that will better the quality of my life.

Rather than rebut your post, I'll provide you with a thread where you can shine and show off to the rest of us that the changes that Conway has been making are good.

http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/con-way-freight/19182-things-con-way-has-gained.html

Have fun and have at it. If you opt not to, that too will not go un-noticed.

We need more FOS's and management posers to come out of the woodwork to save Snafu_12!
Spread your Con-way knowledge!
Tell us something we haven't already heard. We are all ears!

jme01 said:
EVERY supervisor and manager is devoted to the open door policy and this is the place to air your complaints.
True! In a perfect world but fear of Retaliation comes to mind. The unsuspecting Open Door user will get basic answers that anyone could have answered. If you want to hear it from the horses rear than go in.
scmca5.jpg
...Otherwise G.O has the final word.

aggressor said:
If only this statement was true. this could be a better company to work for.

This is so true! Open Door Policy (when door is open) can be the kiss of death. I agree! It works for minor no-brainer issues.
Most of the time you single yourself out as the whiner, town narc, butt kisser, trustworthy or non trustworthy worker, not realizing you have put a tag on yourself.
Your enter your future termination room and sit down, the SCM or salaried personnel sit there with their mental note pad ready, listening to you while pretending to believe and side with you. God forbid if it's some kind of National Enquirer Headline.

Most of the time you come out of the open door with nothing resolved but a simple "I'll get back to you with the appropriate answer"
That's when the lethal SCM makes his frantic calls to other terminals and G.O for the answer.
When they get back to you, they act like they are on your side and blame G.O for the final answer. You two remain buds for future chats!:biglaugh:

With that being said, these message boards is our Open Door Policy and open game for anyone being postive or negative as long as the rules are followed!
We can compare notes! What worked at one terminal better work for all terminals otherwise we will hear it on truckingboards and G.O will dispatch the Black helicopters.
:smilies-19296:

This is just my 2 cents.

Where to start?

Where to start???

Where to start?
Pay extra special attention to the last three paragraphs.....

When change does occur, don't pretend it isn't painful. Yes, change can bring new opportunities for personal growth, accomplishment, and organizational success. But it also causes feelings of sadness, loss, and anxiety about the future. These are normal human responses.

When people get laid off or fired, everybody hurts. We feel for our friends and coworkers. We empathize with their pain, anger, and sadness. In fact, we may have our own similar feelings to deal with, as new demands and responsibilities suddenly come our way.

When people get promoted, when organizational relationships change, or when our own job responsibilities become altered, there is a normal reaction of sadness, anxiety, and loss.

One of the worst things you can do when this happens is to pretend everything is "just fine." Even if you agree intellectually that the changes are necessary, emotionally you still may have some painful, negative reactions to deal with.

Unfortunately, today's business culture has little regard for honest human emotions. Expressing or even acknowledging negative feelings is considered "inappropriate." Workers are expected to be upbeat, positive, and "team players" all the time. While this is a laudable goal, there should also be room for people to express heart-felt negativity as well.

Truly enlightened business leaders know this. During times of significant change, they actively solicit negative feelings from their workers. They know that denying these feelings or trying to suppress their expression will only make things worse.

Taken from:18 Ways To Survive Your Company's Reorganization, Takeover, Downsizing, or Other Major Change. Please Read, enjoy, learn and apply. I promise to try as well
18 Ways To Survive Your Company's Reorganization

Open door policy? It's more like the open sore policy. An open forum is the very place we need to air our gripes without your threatening intervention telling us "maybe conway's not for you". Truckingboards is my therapy for the crap you people pull on me and I'm glad it irks you. Bwa ha ha!

Open door policy? It's more like the open sore policy. An open forum is the very place we need to air our gripes without your threatening intervention telling us "maybe conway's not for you". Truckingboards is my therapy for the crap you people pull on me and I'm glad it irks you. Bwa ha ha!

That was great especially the last part!:1036316054:

you hit it right on the head. i am not trying to create more issues, i am just someone that cares where my career is going and want to let people know there is someone that cares. i tell my drivers all the time that i am always available to solve problems and willing to listen to ligitimate complaints, most don't want to be bothered, which tells me they really don't care and would rather be part of the problem rather than part of the solution. why can't we all just try to enjoy our job and make more attempts to improve our work invironment. life would be soooooo much better.