Estes | Who will Be the new owner of Estes Express in 2007

I thought the old man died and the boys want out.......gosh you hear everthing...say it aint so....Fact is we came in one monday a few years ago to new owners...DIDN'T HAVE A QLUE THAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN....you just never know......TRUCK SAFE

Yes sir, I was on my road run and a driver from another carrier came on the radio and asked what I thought of the sell, that was the first I heard of it. I did make a very nice profit on the AF stock that I had been accumulating over the years.

Thank's CF'ER!!!!!!!!!!

dayhawk, the only ones that can say that for sure would be the Estes family. Money talks and people listen.

P.S. Welcome to the boards. It's good to have you with us
:duh: Thank's CF'ER for settin these guy's straight,point being " AMERICAN FREIGHTWAYS " family owned family run oh we'll never sell, can you say fedex freight oh my oh me,everything is for sale in these changing time's.:duh:

Across the nation, trucking companies experienced significant decreases in volume.

Not all companies. We can't hire enough at our term. Orientation and safety classes were going on today.(It's more than likley sleeper team work but it's work)

Hope it gets busy for you guy's soon. Hate to see fellow drivers not working.

Think guys...really think...not thuck but think...do you really, really believe you are going to know if and when a company is going to be sold...you should go on Bill O'reilly if you do as the most redicuolus thing of the day...hello.......you have what many truckers have...wishful thucking...think twice a day and call a doctor.....should clear up in time.....

I just get sick if all the rumors that go on in this business, drivers are worse then high school girls sometimes. I hear rumors everyday at work and I just get sick of it sometimes....anyone esles feel the same way, or is it just me???
I think its just you...get a bucket or ear plugs....I heard it was YRC going to buy you guys out and start you off at 75%, 30 days probation and give you the Master Frt...

Well genius. It would be called that if they were traded on the market but since they are privately held how can it be insider trading?

when i worked for sanborn express we had a meeting and the owner said we were not for sale and the next week apa transport owened us----so $$$$$$$$$$$$talks

I just get sick if all the rumors that go on in this business, drivers are worse then high school girls sometimes. I hear rumors everyday at work and I just get sick of it sometimes....anyone esles feel the same way, or is it just me???

wwiivet you think its bad now ? Just wait for the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT coming NEXT MONTH.always NEXT MONTH. It's gonna be a good one. Just wait.

when i worked for sanborn express we had a meeting and the owner said we were not for sale and the next week apa transport owened us----so $$$$$$$$$$$$talks

I remembered when my father got his first union job with Sanborn in Queens, NY just got put on.... bottom man on the list then bam way on the bottom after the apa deal. Jumped on with Yellow and just retired full pension last year. Life is good:woot2:

wwiivet you think its bad now ? Just wait for the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT coming NEXT MONTH.always NEXT MONTH. It's gonna be a good one. Just wait.

What announcement? Truckingboards will offer info on how to quote properly, introduce caps anti-lock technology, and spell check on here?

So Frog, are you the offical velvet deepthroat of Estes? Or do you posses a magic crystal ball for the trucking industry? If so, is it for sale? Be willing to trade it for some old G.I paraphernalia? I have a few G.I bobblehead dolls of previous employees, safety awards, belt buckles, etc.

So Frog, are you the offical velvet deepthroat of Estes? Or do you posses a magic crystal ball for the trucking industry? If so, is it for sale? Be willing to trade it for some old G.I paraphernalia? I have a few G.I bobblehead dolls of previous employees, safety awards, belt buckles, etc.

You are going to hear alot of rumors. point is, when you take under consideration the new word "3PL" companies and look at all the buyout's worldwide by more then just UPS and fedex, there is several different companies involved in this mix not only domestic but foreighn alike . You could be bought out by some not so known logistics firm from asia, or some other country.

Take a good look at the market, even though we post financials for several different companies alike does not mean they are the only players in the feild.

Most companies see the wrighting on the wall and these times is the times where a company will make or break itself.

And in comparison to the competition, that can achieve it's goals in all markets will be the winners. Mark these words....

Alls I have to post to this topic is that if Estes is on the market.
You'd better hope some bottom feeders don't plunk down their money to purchase them.

For the uninformed these are investors that buy in as cheap as possible,and liqudate.
They have no thought for the workers that made the company what it is over the years of their growth.
They just start a sell off of realestate.
And hold auctions for all the equipment.
They have no regard for any workers and could careless with who buys what.
They just want to make a fast buck.

I remember when Union Pacific Rail Road owned Overnite.
At the toward the end of the three year strike action by the Teamsters union.
Overnite was devalued to their lowest point,but as it turned out the Rail Road had paid to much for them to start with.
That they refused all offers from these types of investors.
The Overnite higher upps were able to go public with Overnite stock,and pay off the rail Road.

Even though the rest is history,I personaly believe it was nothing short of the hand of God that we were finally bought out by UPS.