XPO | Why Are We Sooo Slow

Eric Zeemen

TB Lurker
Credits
QepiDeL.jpg

What is happening to XPO ???

In my opinion going straight downhill ! Damages are unbelievable . Freight you would think would be impossible to damage is bent , gouged , scraped . If I were a shipper I would think long and hard about shipping with XPO . I certainly hope not all LTL carriers damage like we do but maybe they are just as bad ?
Trailer load bars are bent beyond use or simply missing . The other day I had 14 del stops had to call for damage exceptions on 7 out of 14 stops ! 50% !! WTF !!

I believe much of the damage’s occur when:
Improperly trained dock personnel.
Dock personnel not utilizing tools for proper loading; i.e. deck bars,straps, airbags.
Bars unusable because of not used properly.
FOS people pushing for bill per hour goals.
People too lazy to get off their forklift and recoup improperly wrapped frt.
Just my view...

In my opinion going straight downhill ! Damages are unbelievable . Freight you would think would be impossible to damage is bent , gouged , scraped . If I were a shipper I would think long and hard about shipping with XPO . I certainly hope not all LTL carriers damage like we do but maybe they are just as bad ?
Trailer load bars are bent beyond use or simply missing . The other day I had 14 del stops had to call for damage exceptions on 7 out of 14 stops ! 50% !! WTF !!
They had to change the loading doors for outbound cuz OS&D frt is over flowing onto dock. Can you believe that

Freight sector flashes warning sign

"A suite of factors combined in 2018 to goose the freight market to record levels, from customers stocking up before tariffs took effect to new governmental regulation mandating electronic logging devices. Trucking companies across the country hired drivers and added trucks to meet the surge.

Kiswani is vice president at Kiswani National, a South Holland trucking company with nearly $30 million in revenue and 200 employees, 150 of them drivers. Around mid-February, the company saw volume drop, which was normal. But the flood of holiday merchandise that should have arrived by now hasn't materialized, which isn't. Drivers have been working just three or four days per week since March."

- Crain's Chicago Business

Old Dominion report sees an LTL market that is slowing

"LTL carriers Old Dominion Freight (NASDAQ: ODFL) and SAIA Inc. (NASDAQ: SAIA) released intra-quarter updates on tonnage and revenue, with Old Dominion’s numbers reflecting slowing demand.

The slowdown in demand for Old Dominion was also evident in two other statistics reported by the company for its May operations. There was a 4% decrease in LTL weight per shipment and a 1.9% decrease in LTL shipments."

- Freightwaves.com

We have been steadily busy for the last year or so, the busiest span in the past five years, I'd guess. 60 hour weeks all year in the city. It's too much really. I try not to bitch because I know there are terminals out there struggling. Good luck, guys.

We have been steadily busy for the last year or so, the busiest span in the past five years, I'd guess. 60 hour weeks all year in the city. It's too much really. I try not to bitch because I know there are terminals out there struggling. Good luck, guys.

We are also understaffed here. That doesn't help.

I believe much of the damage’s occur when:
Improperly trained dock personnel.
Dock personnel not utilizing tools for proper loading; i.e. deck bars,straps, airbags.
Bars unusable because of not used properly.
FOS people pushing for bill per hour goals.
People too lazy to get off their forklift and recoup improperly wrapped frt.
Just my view...
Airbags never seen one less and less straps deck bars won't come down or stay up or just fall on your head

NAFTA not ratified, trade war with China, threatening Iran are more important factors than whatever puppet you elect.
My terminal is busy. Seeing a lot of new freight on the dock, It has to be coming from someone. I do agree the above thing's you mentioned will slow the economy down. That being said it's things that need to be done to sustain a healthy economy....