XPO | WHY is nobody talking about yesterdays meeting?

They just blew smoke up our ______ about how they messed up the wage increases in certain areas (mine included) and how they will address that during the next wage increase. Another words, sorry Charlie, you just got screwed. No words on anything else in ours.

WHY is nobody talking about yesterdays meeting?

Because it was something kind of positive..and that is not allowed around here..only doom and gloom here..:1036316054:

Haven't you been reading??

How is telling the backbone of your company that some of y'all got the shaft and Maybe next time you won't get scraps. Look at your damages , look at it taking 2 or 3 dock hands to do what one dsr does, not to mention the safety issue of having these guys handling haz-mat. We're only as good as our management allows us to be and with that being said wouldn't be more profitable to have each barn get raises based on there performance or lack of . Then get rid of the weak links leading us. But wait , that would require someone accept fault besides a driver. Go ahead and blame the drivers , cause OD is happy to get good freightmen . Common sense , there needs to be a college for that.

Have to agree, there wasn't much positive... If you admit you made a mistake, tell us how your going to fix it. This was nothing more than dangling the carrot in front of the donkey Dsr to quell the union drive down south.

Have to agree, there wasn't much positive... If you admit you made a mistake, tell us how your going to fix it. This was nothing more than dangling the carrot in front of the donkey Dsr to quell the union drive down south.
My opinion is that is was worsened.

What is there to say ? They made an ambiguous statement about a past event without any mention of changing course.

I guess this was their way of hinting that they don't wanna hear us b****ing any more.

F it. Call them every day. Tell them how much they screwed up.

Some things never change..... They just get worse for conway employees. I don't understand why some on this board reveal their hand before even being dealt their Cards. Even if your anti union, use this time to rattle their cages and get what you want. Stand together and show them you have a backbone. Good grief

Last edited by a moderator:
I started to create a new thread - BUT WHY? Just because management and boardmembers are afraid?

Obviously , this is a reaction to how poorly the uneven raises and other issues have been received.

I attended a meeting with a regional manager ( highspeeds we have the same one ) They have no intention of reinstating the 401k match as it was and gave NO ACTUAL TIME FRAME for fixing what THEY said was wrong.
All very vague and non specific. On purpose , so you will be quite , be happy , and stay put.

I want Con-Way to succeed and I try to be positive but this an empty promise that only serves the company.

Be specific management -

There's a problem YOU created : How will you fix it?

When will you fix it exactly?

How much will you pay?

Who gets paid what and why?!

What is there to say ? They made an ambiguous statement about a past event without any mention of changing course.

I guess this was their way of hinting that they don't wanna hear us b****ing any more.

Try to make sure you put the right pair of under ware on today....lol

Why would doug give raises the next go round? His hand book specifically says not to give in to employee demands. He basically told you guys to shut up and get back to work. Conway is a fear based atmosphere. Only ones that can change the moral is action taken by the drivers

The exact response most of us expected. Yeah, great idea. Let's call and tell them how angry and disappointed we are. That worked out so well when we did the first time.

We screwed you guys, take a hike.

This is one of the few times you will see CW admit a mistake, and then of course wonder why no one gives a sh#$ or wants to work here.
f3bee0f6acacf85060dcf7604b4af0a5.jpg

The exact response most of us expected. Yeah, great idea. Let's call and tell them how angry and disappointed we are. That worked out so well when we did the first time.

We screwed you guys, take a hike.

This is one of the few times you will see CW admit a mistake, and then of course wonder why no one gives a sh#$ or wants to work here.
f3bee0f6acacf85060dcf7604b4af0a5.jpg

Here's the thing. They didn't admit to a mistake. They admitted we took it wrong. It's all our fault.

They aren't going to do anything. They offered no action. Other than to review what they have already done. And likely gloat over how good a job they did.

Because they never make mistakes. So why would they change what they worked so hard on ?