XPO | WHY is nobody talking about yesterdays meeting?

I started to create a new thread - BUT WHY? Just because management and boardmembers are afraid?

Obviously , this is a reaction to how poorly the uneven raises and other issues have been received.

I attended a meeting with a regional manager ( highspeeds we have the same one ) They have no intention of reinstating the 401k match as it was and gave NO ACTUAL TIME FRAME for fixing what THEY said was wrong.
All very vague and non specific. On purpose , so you will be quite , be happy , and stay put.

I want Con-Way to succeed and I try to be positive but this an empty promise that only serves the company.

Be specific management -

There's a problem YOU created : How will you fix it?

When will you fix it exactly?

How much will you pay?

Who gets paid what and why?!

Exactly. Hard to talk about it. When they didn't say anything. So good job management.

Without any positive effort or input from you, people are pushed further into the union direction.

I am starting to become convinced that the company wants us to go union.

What else can their various actions and inactions possibly be leading to ?

None of this makes a lick of sense. And is why so many drivers are jumping ship.

Can you blame them ?

Here's the thing. They didn't admit to a mistake. They admitted we took it wrong. It's all our fault.

They aren't going to do anything. They offered no action. Other than to review what they have already done. And likely gloat over how good a job they did.

Because they never make mistakes. So why would they change what they worked so hard on ?
The letter says "we obviously didn't strike the right balance with our increases." If that's not admitting fault, I don't know what is.

Some things never change..... They just get worse for conway employees. I don't understand why some on this board reveal their hand before even being dealt their Cards. Even if your anti union, use this time to rattle their cages and get what you want. Stand together and show them you have a backbone. Good grief

I agree with you .. for once.

Why would doug give raises the next go round? His hand book specifically says not to give in to employee demands. He basically told you guys to shut up and get back to work. Conway is a fear based atmosphere. Only ones that can change the moral is action taken by the drivers

A driver once said to me .. "i have never worked harder to keep my job" ... and this guy is a 20 year conway driver

The letter says "we obviously didn't strike the right balance with our increases." If that's not admitting fault, I don't know what is.

Didn't get the right balance. But this was still very much the intention.

Some get more while others get much less. They just needed to balance it a little better.

Have to agree, there wasn't much positive... If you admit you made a mistake, tell us how your going to fix it. This was nothing more than dangling the carrot in front of the donkey Dsr to quell the union drive down south.

Exactly. If Union talk dies down we will get nothing just like b4 when we were supposed to get 6% back on 401. The Union talk died down and it turned into 3%...

What they meant was that they screwed up and should have given a much larger raise to LLA,this is more of the look over there. I say stick your raise BS where the sun don't shine,give me back my retirement benefits and 401k match.How about some respect,we have a regional mgr who appoints people to positions that have never driven line-haul,a city route,or even had a bid.Now this person is talking down to the drivers because he thinks he is protected by the regional mgr we all know how that works.How about a driver took a newbe on a training run last night and asked him to drive home the newbe said he can't drive a stick.So,this appointed trainer calls G.O. and asks to only send the new drivers out in the new automatics and they (G.O.)okays this idea.So,at my barn the newbes get first pick of the trucks.You can't make this s..t up!

at my barn, the letter didn't even get mentioned until a 25 year driver told some of us about it. (not that there was anything to it, a bunch of smoke and mirror talk) Our manager says "we should all just be happy we have a job." This is really the mentality of the company bleeding through in a statement like this. There was a time when the company saw the value in keeping its experienced drivers, and honestly stood behind us. No more.... you can and will be replaced. Bring in a rookie, and save that money as he attempts to climb his way to top pay over three years. Union talk in the south is becoming more and more of a daily subject among old and new drivers alike.
Bring on the cards!

You should've told him " happy to have a job ?" Mr. FOS you should be happy to have any drivers working here. If you haven't noticed every carrier is hiring and now the balls in our court.

I remember in 09 when conway And FedEx were tring to put yrc out...my my my , greed is an awful thing

good.jpg

I remember in 09 when conway And FedEx were tring to put yrc out...my my my , greed is an awful thing
Yeah I remember that. We had rental trucks and trailers all over the place and were hauling so much freight for free that we couldn't even walk on the docks without tripping over all the garbage.

Oh and remember "True LTL"? Remember what a disaster that was? Nothing like hauling a full pup halfway across the country for $250...

You should've told him " happy to have a job ?" Mr. FOS you should be happy to have any drivers working here. If you haven't noticed every carrier is hiring and now the balls in our court.

I don't think management understands that part yet , the way they see it is 'us minions' should kiss some major a.. And be greatful they let us work here !

Yeah I remember that. We had rental trucks and trailers all over the place and were hauling so much freight for free that we couldn't even walk on the docks without tripping over all the garbage.

Oh and remember "True LTL"? Remember what a disaster that was? Nothing like hauling a full pup halfway across the country for $250...
And lets not forget the 80 something million in claims during that fiasco of complete idiocy from our leadership, that was a show of extreme mental ******ation on there part Period!
Notice how after that screw up we found ourselves watching a video called " Lets Get Back to the Basics " !

What they meant was that they screwed up and should have given a much larger raise to LLA,this is more of the look over there. I say stick your raise BS where the sun don't shine,give me back my retirement benefits and 401k match.How about some respect,we have a regional mgr who appoints people to positions that have never driven line-haul,a city route,or even had a bid.Now this person is talking down to the drivers because he thinks he is protected by the regional mgr we all know how that works.How about a driver took a newbe on a training run last night and asked him to drive home the newbe said he can't drive a stick.So,this appointed trainer calls G.O. and asks to only send the new drivers out in the new automatics and they (G.O.)okays this idea.So,at my barn the newbes get first pick of the trucks.You can't make this s..t up!
Can you turn up the volume on that part about respect and retirement because apparently they can't hear us !

I remember when I first moved down to nashville from the windy, and i was sitting at a customer, and i was chattin it up with a conway driver, he was complaining about all the hours he had to work. I told him "well at least its o.t after 8. He looked at me like i was stoned, then he told me about the o.t. policy is in nashville and what the top pay is. I couldnt believe the extreme differnce between being a conway driver from chicago and nashville, and when management says "its cheaper to live in nashville" thats a load of b.s. you can live south of chicago in the country type area and live like you do in nashville. I hate that line people use when it comes to someone elses money

And lets not forget the 80 something million in claims during that fiasco of complete idiocy from our leadership, that was a show of extreme mental ******ation on there part Period!
Notice how after that screw up we found ourselves watching a video called " Lets Get Back to the Basics " !

How quickly did they forget THAT lesson!! Every day before I left it was trying to reinvent the wheel all over again.